You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Unexplained Lights

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained Lights

 

First off let me say this. I spent a short bit of time in Germany and this is what happened when I had the chance to drive on the autobahn one time. It was a week day and it was in the evening. We had spent a long time in one of the towns visiting and had started heading back to another town where we had a hotel which was reachable a lot faster by using the autobahn instead of using side roads and such. Probably saved about 20 minutes of driving this way. It was during the winter time so it got darker a lot earlier then it did during the summer time in Germany.

To start this off I'll say that it was around mid November about 8 or 9 pm if I remember right. Was riding with two friends, one in the passenger seat and one in the back seat, and they were both passed out due to all the walking and exploring that day while we were visiting the town. I had the head lights on and was driving down the autobahn when I saw these headlights coming up behind me and I was expecting a car needing to pass and so I waited and watch, because I was going to merge over and pass the car I was behind at this time.

I saw the lights come up in my mirror and then nothing. No one passed and no car was visible. There were no exits off of the autobahn at this time and when I checked over my shoulder there were no more lights or anything to show that a car was there. And at this time there was just the car in front of me and we didn't have any cars that were close behind us. The headlights were visible in the mirror up until the rear quarter (where the rear tire is) on the drivers side and then its like they faded away because the light dimmed and eventually disappeared and when I checked over my shoulder there was nothing visible and I looked forward and there was nothing passing the car in front so I merged over and nothing.

I continued the drive to the town we were staying in and got back to the hotel before sitting there thinking about how strange it was. Realizing (I had the window down due to smoking, which I don't believe had anything to do with the experience) that I never heard any motor or anything, which you can usually hear when a car is going about 200 kilometers per hour (about 120 miles per hour) and woke up my buddies and they said that I probably just imagined it.

Feel free to say your thoughts and opinions. I thought it was a pretty interesting experience though.

Other hauntings by CuriousGuy

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CuriousGuy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
Yeah,

Always heard of the phenomenon but never figured I would actually experience it. Was a little strange to actually experience it in my opinion.

Peace
CuriousGuy
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
Very true, but there is nothing you can do if it runs out of fuel, blows a tyre or the fan belt snaps.

I would have thought you would have noticed it slowing and stopping however especially seeing as you were very aware of the lights being there. It is an odd ne indeed😕
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
your welcome, and yeah I thought maybe they pulled off but the one thing I thought to was that the stretch that I was on there are no areas to pull off onto, and if a car runs out of gas and such on the autobahn, according to the class they put us through, they will fine people for things like stopping on the autobahn on the shoulder.

Peace
CuriousGuy
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-30)
Hi CuriousGuy, this is interesting. The only thing that I can think of is the car pulled over into a layby whilst you were looking at the road ahead. If you were travelling the speed you said, then you would have struggled to see it pulled up as you moved on.

This is a strange experience though, I have read similar stories before and there is also a legend of exactly the same scenario from my home town. So it seems a common phenomenon.

Thanks for posting😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: