You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Poolside Guardian

Real Ghost Stories

The Poolside Guardian

 

I know some of you out there have read some of my other stories. As this is my 4th story that I am sharing. I was reading a story on this site and it made me think of something that had happened to me as a child one summer at the local pool.

One day I was at the pool having a good time. I must've been around 10 or so. I was swimming in the 5ft section where I usually swam. I had eventually got out of the pool and climbed up onto the wall. Well the wall was made of cement and went around the whole pool of course. I had got up on the wall and was actually standing on it, which I guess was rather dumb because it was pretty high up to be standing on. The ground below, behind the wall, was of course made of cement also.

I'm standing on this wall talking to one of my friends who was still in the pool. All of a sudden, I lost my balance and started to fall backwards. As soon as I lost my balance I thought "oh my god, I going to fall and crack my head open," and of course that's what probably should of happened from the height I was standing and the distance between the fall. I was like in mid-air and I remember a strange feeling of my body "twisting". Almost like it had shifted. And it felt like I was "floating" in the air and all of a sudden, I landed on my feet!

Let me tell you. I didn't think much about it that day. Except for the fact that I was glad I didn't crack my head open. But, let me tell you also, that I definitely should have. There was no way that I should not have gotten hurt standing at least 9 feet above the ground on a slippery cement wall with no shoes and slippery feet.

Something or someone was definitely watching out for me that day. I don't know who or what but I'm glad they were. If anyone out there is reading this, I definitely wouldn't mind some feedback on my story. Thanks for listening!

Other hauntings by melissagrove2000

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, melissagrove2000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
thanks for sharing your story I enjoyed reading it maybe a spirit or ghost pushed you back up or grabbed you and stopped you from falling. I think you were lucky that you didn't crack your head open cause that would of been bad. 😐
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-24)
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I believe you are absolutely correctt, it appears there was definitley some divine intervention at work in this case.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-23)
Melisssa, thank you for sharing your experience with us. As you know and I am sure the majority of our readers are aware. Children believe they are invincible, that they have nothing to fear from injury or death. That is why I believe we are all given a guardian angel or spirit guide depending upon your belief system to watch out over us. This would explain why you had the feeling you did and why you landed on your feet when you should have as you stated "cracked your skull open". Thanks again for sharing.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-23)
Bellissima,
Thanks so much for the comments. I don't know who could've been my guardian at that time. It could've been my fathers mom who passed away when he was just a child. I mean I had never met her. I don't know. But it was just the strangest thing to happen. I clearly felt my self going backwards head first. And then my whole body just shifted in mid air. I guarentee that should not have happened. But I'm glad I'm around to tell about it too! He he I'm glad you enjoy my stories. As I truly enjoy yours also!
Thanks again and take care!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-23)
Melissagrove2000, it sounds like you're lucky somebody is watching over you! That's one of those things that kids just don't think about (the danger or the strangeness of the whole thing). Have you ever thought about who could be your guardian? Someone you know maybe? Anyway, I'm glad you're around to tell your tales. You tell them very well and I truly enjoy them. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: