You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Guy At The Temple

Real Ghost Stories

The Guy At The Temple

 

This happened about 3 months back. I am not even sure about what I saw but wish to share it anyway.

My father is a trustee for a temple here. They were holding a kumba abishekam which is a sacred event where copper pot like structures in the shape of lotus buds are blessed and fixed on the temple towers. There were lots of people assembled for the ceremony.

The priests carried the pots and climbed the tower. We were all standing below and watching them, when I felt like somebody was watching me. Everyone was looking up at the tower and I scanned the crowd and noticed a young guy about my age or slightly older facing away from the tower and looking straight at me. What was odd was his clothes. Usually people dress up for such events. He was dressed in a grey t-shirt and a pair of grey shorts. He just kept staring at me, like he wanted to tell me something. Everybody else seemed oblivious to his presence.

I got unnerved and looked back at the tower and then looked down at the guy and he sill hadn't shifted his position or gaze. It must have been some 15 minutes. The area around him started emptying as people moved to partake of the offerings. There was no one standing near him. Then a man crossed in front of him. It is to be noted that the temple is small and there were no people near him.

As the man crossed in front of him, he disappeared! There was no way he could have gone anywhere. I scanned the crowd thoroughly. He wasn't there. He would definitely have stuck out in the crowd owing to his attire. He couldn't have left the temple without passing me, as I was standing right at the entrance. One moment he was there and the next he wasn't.

It sometime makes me feel that maybe he tried to tell me something, but as I was hesitant in responding he left. No one else seemed to have noticed him when I asked the people who were with me.

Other hauntings by Tharani

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tharani, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
I absolutely have no idea who the guy was. I am not familiar with temple or such but I believe since it was a celebration, lots of people attending so you might lost him in the crowd. If it was a spirit, probably he was just passing by but he got stunned by the crowd or you're blocking his way? (or he could be a part of the celebration too and you look familiar to him).

Did you ever moved from your earlier spot where you are standing when he first stared at you? If you did and his gaze still on you, maybe you're in his way since he didn't make any sign like waving or moving closer or anything but staring at you.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
hi, Nice story... Can you explain about his face & expression? Did you ever seen him in your area or near temple?

Please revert.
tanscaredofghosts (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-04)
Hey,tharani
Your story was really nice. You gave nice explanation.
Thanx for your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: