You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The North Scottsdale Townhouse

Real Ghost Stories

The North Scottsdale Townhouse

 

It all started when we moved into the townhouse my freshman year in high school. My parents divorced and my mother bought this two story townhouse across from the high school. This wasn't a new complex because this townhouse had been vacant for a couple years before she bought it. It was the last one available and she became the first owner. Now I always thought that haunted houses were old houses or at least a previously lived in house, but I was clearly mistaken. For the next 7 years I will be tormented by the entity living in this house.

It was my sophomore year that I started to notice weird things happening. I would feel someone grabbing my legs and feet when I was trying to sleep. Totally freaked me out. One night my friend was spending the night and her much older boyfriend was throwing a party. She wanted to sneak out. I had this bright idea to steal my mom's car for a few hours so that we could make an appearance and come straight home. I snuck into my mom's room and took her purse as quietly as possible. As soon as I grabbed the keys from the purse I heard my name called. My friend and I looked at each other in fright. She heard it too. I thought for sure my mom woke up since it was a woman's voice we heard. I checked again and my sister was asleep upstairs and my mom was asleep downstairs. It gave us chills but we snuck out anyways.

Now about a year later I had a vivid dream of a demon sitting on my chest choking me and when I woke up my knees were to my chest and my arms stretched out. I was gasping. In the dream there were a bunch of old people introducing themselves to me telling me they had already deceased and one in particular told me to lookout for my friend Veronica for the next few weeks. That's when the demon jumped out of nowhere and tried to kill me in the dream. When I got to school that morning I found out Veronica's grandpa passed away. She was devastated and I made sure I was there for her.

The next major experience was a year later. One of my mom's friends was ill and my mom had her move in for a short while. She slept downstairs. I was sleeping in the loft at the time which was open to the main living area. I thought I was the last one to go to bed and I had just turned off the light and laid down when I heard her voice whisper my name saying "hey Kayla, are you awake?" "No, what's up?" I said. "I was wondering something" she said. And that was it. I looked over the loft wall and nobody was there. I quickly turned on my light and still nobody was there, I bolted down the stairs and checked on her. She was asleep. Checked on my mom and she was asleep. I completely broke down. There was so much unexplained activity going on and it was obvious I was being targeted. I woke my mom up crying and told her everything that had been going on. Nobody in my house had any experiences.

I had a lot of moments after that of being pushed and hair pulling. One day I was in the kitchen talking to my mom. I was putting food in the microwave and something shoved my shoulder forward. My mom saw it happen and the look on her face was unforgettable. She said there is no way I could have faked what she had just seen. It clearly looked like I was being shoved and told me she'll call the church and have a priest visit. I told her no way. I went to church every Sunday and I thought they would think I was crazy and I'd be so embarrassed. She begged but I told her no I've gotten used to it. The voices had stopped which is what freaks me out the most.

Well, the last big scary moment was right before she sold the house. I was alone getting ready for work. I was blow drying my hair and suddenly some strong force pulled my arm, holding the hair dryer, down to my side and held it there for a few seconds. Finally my arm was released and I ran downstairs and sat on the couch in shock. It took a lot of guts to go back up there and finish getting ready but I did it. I was tired of being scared and fed up of being toyed with. I was so relieved when my mom had the opportunity to sell.

It wasn't the end of my paranormal experiences. They still continue and I have more to share in future posts. I'm just curious if anyone else who has bought or lived in this house had paranormal activity too. My mom did tell me that while the house was vacant there was vandalism and a fire in our unit which is why it was the last one available. They have to disclose this information when selling. So, I wonder if this might be the reason for the activity. Please tell me what you think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katdawg123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-12)
Hello:
I know that your story has been up for awhile, so I don't know if you'll see this but I think you are more sensitive to spirits than the average person which is why they can interact with you. Apparently the house was a hotbed of activity, but I wouldn't be surprised if you have other encounters in the future. I would suggest that you do periodic house blessings/cleansings on every residence that you live in as well as pray for protection from the God/religion of your understanding. I have had a few undesirable experiences which have ceased since regularly praying for this. I do not mind feeling the presence of those from the Light; i.e., guardian angels, ancestors, guides, or those of God that are with me out of love. I am not afraid of signs of their presence and do not wish to chase them away. I know that they are there to guide and protect me. While praying you can always ask for those guarding you to protect you from anything that shouldn't be there, or anything not of the Light of God. Whatever you particular faith is, you can search for prayers of protection. If you are Christian, then prayers for St. Michael the Archangel are good for this. Prayers are always more powerful when two or more do so, so you might want to take your mother up on her offer. It certainly couldn't hurt. Since you have been essentially assaulted, these are some strong spirits and you can use all the help you can get. I never turn down an offer of prayer, no matter which religion so long as it is God.
Blessings,
Lynev
Gossamer_Lights (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-06)
You know I lived in a house in phoenix that was haunted by this horrible spirit that tormented me. It's the only place I actually saw something and it would do things like turn the washing machine on only when I was alone in the room I hated that house. It turn out a lady was murdered on the property before there was even a house there. Maybe something similar happened with your property since you said it had never been lived in?

On the other hand because of your age when it happened and the fact that it focused on you, do you think it could of been a poltergeist?
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
Agree with Chelsey. House blessings and similar activities are conducted with the utmost discretion. Probably no one would have know about it.
chelseylobo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
hey,
Maybe you should let your mum have a priest bless the house. There should be nothing to e embarrasses about. No matter, how much you have gotten used to it, you never know it might turn up even more worse.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: