You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Walking Creepy Sound

Real Ghost Stories

Walking Creepy Sound

 

I am from India. This is my first paranormal experience. Let me first tell you all about the interior of my house. As we live in a joint family our house is a big one. It is a two floor house. On the ground floor there is 1 dining room, 1 kitchen, 3 rooms and 1 hall. Then by climbing stair, there is a big hallway. On first floor, there are two bedrooms & 1 store room.

I appeared for my board exams last years & was enjoying my holidays by staying awake until 12. Me, my cousin sister Rita & my aunt Lucy (name changed) used to play Snakes & Ladders. Nothing weird happen until one night we were playing until 1.

Rita & I used to sleep at the ground floor in my second aunt's room, as she is in Kuwait and her room is empty, so we were tired & wanted to go to sleep. But suddenly I heard a noise like someone was walking on stairs. The sound was of anklets jingle. I got scared and told this to them. They also heard it. We all get scared. We did not go to sleep and wait until my uncle had come from work as he used to came late. The sound continues until 1:30. My uncle came home by 1:45. Then only we go down with him. This was my first scary experience. In the morning we told everyone but no one believe us.

Our house is located besides forest. Sometime if we are awake until midnight we often smell someone cooking food like biryani, boiling peanuts or even frying something. I know you will think I am small and making this up but even my mom and aunt had also smelled it.

What do you guys think about it? Feel free to comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, indiangirl22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

indiangirl22 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
There are only mango & betelnut trees near our house I am sorry its not a reap forest in our town we call it 'baadi' its a kind of forest but it doesn't have wild animals okk
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-21)
Since it's coming from the forest, have you considered it may be a plant blooming? I looked up Indian plants and there a quite a few that are heavily scented on their own. If they are blooming at night, it could be carrying a number of different scents to your house.
indiangirl22 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-21)
[at] ghosthunter9876 no I am not from goa. I live in state of maharashta.

[at] sheetal no I have not heard that sound again.
indiangirl22 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-21)
[at] lady-glow
Yes we have neighbours. Sorry but the smell come from forest & most of my neighbours have smelled the same aroma & at the time of incident it was summer season so there was no wind.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-05)
Hello to indiangirl22! First of all greetings for being a part of YGS.
Gotta agree with lady-glow. In my perception the sound of jingling anklets might be sound creating by the crickets.

With regards
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-05)
Hi, Liked your story... I am believing in your story. Did you again heard anklets jingles?
😁
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-04)
First thing are you from the state of Goa in India. If yes then I too have been told by my friends from Goa that similar things have happened to them while traveling on solitary roads and near forests.
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
This is my first time commenting on a freaky stairs noises. Maybe something or 'someone' was just passing by. In my current house, sometimes I could hear late at night something was running the stairs up and down real fast. It wasn't just me as my younger sister acknowledges the sound as well. Nothing was there when we checked out and it abruptly stopped. But since it hasn't (hopefully will never) done any harm to us, we just let it be. Maybe it was the playtime for the thing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-05-04)
Welcome to YGS.
Are there any neighbors close to your house? The smell of food could be some one having a midnight snack or even a woman unable to sleep and getting a head start on her chores for the next day.
As for the jingling anklets, -do yo remember what was the weather like that night? Is there a chance the wind was moving something outside and making this noise?

I'm not saying that you didn't experience any of these events, only that they might have a very natural cause.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: