You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Hat Man

Real Ghost Stories

My Hat Man

 

I would like to start off by saying I had a rough childhood growing up. I don't know if this experience has any relevance to it, but I know this I was never the same.

I was 15 when I had this experience, the year 1988. It was around 9 or 10 p.m. I was getting ready to turn in for the night, for I had school the next day. The layout of my room was like this. I had a window at the foot of my bed which was closed, no light could come in from the outside; also a window to the right of my bed, the head of my bed was right beside my bedroom door. The bathroom light would stay on through the night for my cousin. This particular night I left my bedroom door open.

I was just laying there staring at the foot of my bed. To my surprise this black shadow thing rose from the floor up, standing right there staring me down. I was terrified... This thing stood at least 6 ft tall, darker then the room itself. I could see the outline of what looked like a cowboy hat or fedora type. He also wore a trench coat. I could tell this was a male entity because he said, "You know who I am." He sounded flat out terrifying!

I did not stay around, I jumped out of my bed screaming all the way to my Aunt's bedroom door. I was so scared, banging on my Aunt's bedroom door. I told my uncle that something was in my room. Of course, when he walked me back to my room and turned on the light nothing was there. I slept with the light on all night!

I fear that his appearance was something bad. The first thing that popped into my head was devil or death. I didn't have anything else happen while living at my Aunt's which was good.

I had other experiences which I will save for another time. I know that this entity has been seen by other people in the world. I am just not wanting to see it ever again!

Other hauntings by Darkangel73

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Darkangel73, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

horsegal (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-17)
I've read another story about this hat man were whenever shes riding a motorcycle the hat man has appeared on the road and she even saw it at a motercross race and it caused her to crash. Really creepy stuff. I would have gone screaming too. Stay safe and God bless you 😊
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
zzsgranny- I don't recall anyone in particular dying, I know my life at that time was unsettled. I had just moved in with my Aunt because of my father's abuse. I do recall where I used to live at with my father seeing a shadow man, holy crap!
You think that thing followed me? But non the less the one I seen at my Aunt's house scared me when he said that to me. I know this much I am soooo glad I am not the only one who has seen this particular being. I have read that there are some with red eyes, I don't know I probably would of had a heart attack if I saw that one!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
Darkangel: That's very interesting to me because it's the same type my shadow man has. I always called it a fedora, or wide brimmed hat. Just not really sure what to call it 😆.

It's the type he's mostly seen in, although some have reportedly seen him in different ones, like a traditional cowboy hat. I would say 99% of the time though, he doesn't speak.

I have to ask you, besides the "normal" teenage stuff, was there anything going on out of the ordinary? The death of a close relative or friend?
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
zzsgranny- I would say yes to that. Notjustme- I am living my life better than what I went through as a child... Thanks ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
Darkangel: By "cowboy" hat, do you mean the kind that Clint Eastwood wore in "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" like in the following picture?

Http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20483133_20499525_20948996,00.html
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
darkangel73 - I have read many stories of Hat Man and it does sound extremely terrifying. Especially from laying there and seeing it form. I believe it read your thoughts and fed of your then bad energy. Normally it seems that younger children see Hat Man, but in your case, 15 was sure old enough to remember it for life! Glad you never saw whim again, hope this means your life has made better turns...? ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: