You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Cowboy's Heaven

Real Ghost Stories

A Cowboy's Heaven

 

I never thought most people would have shared an experience when it comes to seeing a ghost at the same time, or at least they don't know it.

Four years ago, I was coming back from a work convention with two of my coworkers. We were driving on I-80 between Rawlins, Wyoming and Elk Mountain. At the same exact time, all three of us saw a "cowboy" riding on a horse and a dog running next to them. My first thought was he must be very far from his ranch... Then they literally disappeared into thin air after about 30 seconds. All three of us saw the cowboy and we all were thinking the same thing in our head, did we actually see a ghost? No one said anything.

About 15 minutes later, I said, "I think I just saw a ghost on a horse with a dog running next to them." One coworker jumped and said, "I saw the same thing and thought it couldn't be!"

Our other coworker just sat there silent (she is a non-believer in the paranormal). We asked her and she said she did see it, but a hill must of blocked him and it looked like he disappeared. We said, "It was flat land... There was no hills." She freaked out and said she was thinking that but there has to be an explanation. My one coworker and I knew what we saw... And the other did too even if she doesn't want to admit it.

It was kind of cool because living in the West. I have always wanted to see spirits of Native Americans... But it was kind of cool to see an old Western Cowboy as well.

I have never actually seen a ghost disappear into thin air after watching them for a minute. It might be considered a Cowboy's Heaven.

Other hauntings by Beppy07

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Beppy07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DonutIsBack (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Oh this is a very beautiful story.
Just like a heaven on earth
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
SparklinBurgndy - very well put. Sounds like you understood exactly the point Beppy07 was trying to get across 😊
SparklinBurgndy (6 stories) (18 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
Riding your horse across the lone prairie with your loyal hound at your side? Sounds like Heaven to me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: