You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Brave Brother

Real Ghost Stories

My Brave Brother

 

A little about me before I start. I come from the Pacific where black magic and paranormal activities are somewhat common. I'm not a good writer so bear with me. I will write what I can remember.

Let's start with what happened recently about 2 months ago. My family and I just got home from vacation. And that night my brother 13 years old couldn't go to sleep. He kept saying a butterfly is disturbing him. To that I just thought he was just having jet lag.

A little about the boys room, its always so cold in the nights. And whoever slept in there said they felt like they are being watched.

A few years back my sister, my cousin and I slept in the boys room. There was a double bed and a single bed that we joined together.

I slept in the middle, it was sometime in the morning like around 3am. I woke up to a noise by the window, like some one was playing with the curtain. Sound of someone running their fingers on the net. We are on the second floor, so the noise can't be coming from outside.

Then I felt someone walking around us and dropped one of my baby brother's toys. Now this toy, even if you put batteries in it, its not going to come on. So to my surprise it was working, playing its music. I turned around and poked my sister, she was awake and I called out to my cousin and she was also awake. Another thing, these two are heavy sleepers. I told my cousin to turn the lights on, then everything went quiet. We slept after that and even in the morning we didn't even talk about it. Like we forgot about it.

My Brave Brother 1

My Brave Brother 2

Anyways back to my brother's story. So after 2 days from when we got back, we sat down for lunch when I notice some red swollen marks on his forearm. I asked him 'what happened?' He says he doesn't know. My mom thought it must've been his heavy school bag leaving the markings.

Say after a week, the markings showed something to be a big dogs paw print.

Yes, demon dogs are used in black magic beliefs.

I told my uncle who was around at that time, and he rubbed lime on the markings (Its a white powder like made from clams from the sea used to eat with betel nut). My uncle said its not from a dogs paw, because if it was it would've disappeared already.

A week after that, the markings have became more permanent. It looks like a hand print, its red and swollen. I took a picture of it, my brother said its not paining or anything. My uncle thinks its a spirit pulling my brothers arm while trying to get up in the morning, because the spirit only comes around in the night. But my aunty says its a child spirits hand print, she prayed for him and said that my brother is strong not to have fallen sick.

I don't know if this story fits for this site or not. But if the readers are interested, I have more.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Martin (602 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-01-14)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published.
Snn (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-22)
Thank you for your comments. My brother is doing well. The markings faded in time. The same thing happened to my cousin but this time on her forehead! She applied Holy oil and it faded out in time too. I had sent the picture with my story but the site never uploaded it up until now.
niaavea17 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
Sn,
My parents are from the south pacific. I'm 37. In most common parts of the pacific it is known that only 3 islands practice black magic. One of which is the Solomon island to where it is known that in two areas of that island was an still has the markings of voodoo magic, yes it is true. The other area back then in the late 1890s is where headhunters lived known as people that eat only human flesh.
rnc (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
is your brother okay ever since? The same story had happened to my mum when she was pregnant. She had this marking on her forearms that resembles hand marks that are similiar in appearance to what you have mentioned in your story. At first she thought that it was only just a bruise until weeks later when she decided that it's something else.

She realized that even doctors or skin specialist do not know what it is (she had also been prescribed with creams and such from them). For months she tries to get rid of it until one of her friend recommended a local medium (we're more familiar with calling them Witch doctors). She was given a medicine of herb or some sorts in which she applied in her forearms. Not long after that the mark goes away (it was rather quick, less than a day).

Her friends believes that if she didn't do anything about it, she may get sick. Either way I do believe that there is other methods out there that could remove the marks. Different cultures and religious have their own way to deal with this. I hope that helps 😊
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
I can't really explain your situation but its a good thing that your brother is in good health. I would like to see the picture you took if you don't mind. Looking forward to read more from you.
-Shady.
Bio_Logic (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
What happened to your brother since? Did the thing come back and has the mark finally gone? Am really interested with that but your story is somehow incomplete to me?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
Subhasshow, if you have advice to offer, please do so here. This isn't an appropriate place to advertise your blog. Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: