You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Joe

Real Ghost Stories

Joe

 

I've posted this story in another forum. This took place when I was around 12-13. A little back story: We lived in a very small town. My younger brother and sister lived with my parents, and I with my grandmother. Our houses were a couple of blocks away. I would spend the weekends at my parents' place.

Ok, on to the story. I went to bed around 10pm. There had been an earthquake recently, so my parents made us sleep with the door slightly open. They also insisted in keeping the hallway light on. I had some trouble falling asleep so I started moving around the bed. I turned and was facing the door, and there he was. I saw a clear silhouette (hallway light was one) of a guy in a suit and top hat, leaning against the door frame. I was completely sure it wasn't my dad, since he's a big guy, and the silhouette resembled a tall, skinny person. I freaked out, but was afraid to move, so I turned around end hid under my covers. I stood there for a good 20 minutes until I was able to fall asleep.

I didn't tell anyone about this, and didn't see the hat guy after that. However, fast-forward to college. I came home and had some friends stay over. One of them is sensitive to paranormal stuff, and she felt uneasy since she set foot on the house. She insisted on sleeping with the light on, which was weird, but we agreed. Next morning, she told us she saw a shadow near the door; imagine my amazement when she described the exact same thing I had seen almost 7 years before. I remember reading that people who are sensitive to paranormal stuff can usually guess the name of a spirit. So I asked her what was the first name that came to her mind when she thought of the shadow, and she said "Joe." We've been calling him Joe since then.

My grandma once mentioned that the land my parents' place is built on used to be a Freemason temple back in the day, and rumor has it they had wakes in there. I haven't been home long enough to do some research, but I'll sure do when I have some time.

This is one of many weird (paranormal?) things that have happened at my parents' house. I can gladly post some others, if anyone's interested.

Other hauntings by minerva

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, minerva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

minerva (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-26)
|Shady4u: No one else has seen Joe, besides my friend and me. They have seen other stuff, though (e.g.: small girl wearing a white gown, footsteps down the hallway, rocking chair moving on its own, etc.). I submitted one of those stories today. It'll hopefully be posted soon.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
I have read a lot about the hat man. Not sure if this is the same shadow you saw, but I can confirm its residual. I got a question, did anyone in your family ever experience anything as such? Looking forward to read more from you. Thank you.
-Shady.
Bio_Logic (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
My lil nephew has an imaginary friend called Joe too. Hope it wasn't a bad spirit.
awakentaken (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
Interesting story. I'd like to hear about what you discover when you decide to do the research. 😊
minerva (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
PS: I apologize for the typos. I wrote it from my phone and couldn't proofread properly.
minerva (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
|spiritscout - No problem! I'll try to post at least one during the weekend.

|JeunaBella - Yes, she did mention Joe was standing near the door, though not leaning against the door frame (the door was closed that night). In my opinion, Joe himself might be residual, but there's definitely other stuff at home, including a girl (I'll post that story later).

Thanks for the comments!
spiritscout (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
thanks for sharing, I would like you to post some others, I will read anything paranormal!
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
Did your friend saw the shadow man at exactly the same spot you saw years earlier? It might be residual. I hope whatever the thing was, no harm will be inflicted towards you and the people around you. Skinny and tall man does trigger the word slender man in my head. Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: