You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My New Rifle

Real Ghost Stories

My New Rifle

 

This is the latest experience I've had in a while. I'm an avid gun collector and I'm mostly interested in older guns that are pre 1960s and Military Surplus rifles. A few months ago I bought a Mosin Nagant M91 rifle made in 1894 and arsenal repaired in 1916. So it more than likely saw service in the Russian-Japanese War and World War I. Probably during the Russian Civil war that took place after World War I. When I got it home, I took it apart and cleaned off all the old dust and grease. I do have a gun safe but usually when I get a rifle I leave it in my room for a few weeks and look it over for any markings I may have missed. I have gun racks in my room from before I bought the safe and usually leave my latest acquisition on the top most rack.

One night when I went to bed, I remember waking up and seeing a man dressed in old clothes. It looked like he had on civilian clothes with a WWI style hat. He also had a mustache with little curls at each end that is what really stood out. He made eye contact with me then looked over at the gun rack and smiled. He then walked over to the gun rack, picked up the rifle and sat down on a stool in front of my closet. I have realistic dreams like this sometimes and thought this was one of them so I just went back to bed. The next morning I woke up and my new rifle was resting against my dresser by my closet. I don't have a history of sleep walking or anything like that so I knew it couldn't have been me.

A week or so later I decided to put it in the gun safe in the laundry room with the others. One night when I was up late in my rec room [I have a semi-finished basement, most is a rec room the front part is the laundry room] I had just finished watching a TV show and decided to sleep on the day bed in the rec room being too tired to walk upstairs. As I'm dozing off I hear the handle on my gun safe try to open. I lock it and turn the handle so it makes the dial hard to turn. We had just got a new cat that likes to sleep on top of the safe, I thought she was trying to jump up. I got out of bed and walked over to the laundry room and turned on the light. Nothing was in there, no cats in the litter box or on the safe, nothing. At this point I calmly said aloud that I understand how you can be connected to this rifle, and that I would take excellent care of it and you are welcome to visit it when you want as long as you don't bother anyone or scare anyone. Then I went on the computer and translated what I said to Russian, printed it out and taped it to my safe. Since then I have had no further experiences.

I'm not looking for answers, I just wanted to share this story. Being a former Soldier myself I find it amazing how deep a connection this old Soldier must have had with his rifle almost a hundred years ago.

Other hauntings by RebelRaider

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RebelRaider, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
GREAT story! ❤
Have you had any one else coming to see their guns?
Am glad you told him that you would take good care of it & then you wrote it in Russian. Wow!
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
I love that you printed your terms in Russian. Assuming the soldier was literate...hahaha...sounds like he must have been. How very politely and deftly handled.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
It seems like that is the way things goes, like with looking up ancesters. They just didn't bother with documenting things too well. Well, I think it would ease my mind to know who the gun belonged to and put a face to whom was haunting me. You seem to know a lot about guns. You can estimate how old it or the era is by the style, what it's made out of?
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
What scares me more than the thought of a ghost attached to a Mosin Nagant is the thought of having to clean out the cosmoline that comes with them *shudders*... If you have any good tips let me know!

I have a friend who bought a War of 1812 era Brown Bess. He put it in a gun cabinet in his master bedroom closet, and swears up and down that the first few nights he had it in there, he would wake up with sounds of someone pounding on the closet door from the inside... To the point he called the cops the first night. You never know what's attached to old guns, especially if they were used in battle.
RebelRaider (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
mamachong-

It depends, Swiss rifles are usually easy. Russian rifles are very hard, as not many records were kept and many destroyed/lost. Also until 1917 Russia was ruled by Czars and during the revolution and after the Communists took over many records from the Imperial Russian Army were destroyed/lost.
RebelRaider (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
mrfknbee-

The oldest rifle I own is a Springfield Trapdoor made in the 1870s, that my uncle found in a dump by the frankford arsenal in the 1950s when he was a kid.

No, not with rifles, but when I was 16 or so I bought an ammo box, and had weird things happen for weeks until I had a dream where a Soldier showed me an ammo box with a foot in it. I had it blessed and kept it in the garage for a while and things slowly calmed down.

I honestly lost track, I'll have to open the safe to take a head count:)
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
I'm curious, is there anyway to look up who the gun belonged to, by the serial number?
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
Excellent experience! I am not into guns, but I can see how a spirit might be attached to an item that may have protected him.
mrfknbee (39 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
Fantastic story can I ask you a few questions about your hobby please.
What's the oldest rifle you own
Have you had any other spirits still passionate about rifles.
How big of a collection are we talking lol just by the way you mention gun racks.
Thank you
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
This story went straight into favorites. I can only imagine the connection a soldier must develop with a weapon, that rifle may have saved his hide more than once. I can understand him wanting to see it well cared for. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: