You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mother And Daughter's Love

Real Ghost Stories

Mother And Daughter's Love

 

This story took place awhile ago when I was nursing a young girl who was diagnosed with brain tumor. In my high school years, I used to earn extra pocket money by babysitting or walking the dogs/caring for pets in my neighbourhood area.

One weekend I was required to nurse a young girl who was terribly sick because the father was on a business trip and the in-house babysitter (nurse) was taking a day off due to fever. I didn't know she was that sick until the grandmother told me (there were 3 of us in the house: the grandmother, the sick girl and myself).

When I come into her room, the atmosphere was different. Her room was somehow calming and soothing. I saw a lot of what I assumed as children painting of a mother and daughter on the left wall facing the window. About the girl, she was probably 5 or 6 years, very nice and didn't cause much trouble (actually ANY trouble) when it comes to feeding her, changing her diapers and bed sheet, bathing her, etc.

One thing that made me shed my tears was even though she was really sick, she was always smiling like most of the time. She had this shining bright eyes and lovely voice that will make anyone love her instantly. She loved to paint on a drawing paper too like normal kid does.

It was late in the evening that day when she told me she wanted to share her secret with me. She gave me her small diary book and she said she wrote a letter for her mother. I hardly understand the handwritings and scribbling but I could make out the parts where she wrote the words 'mother' and 'love' and miss you'. Then I excused myself to clean the bathroom. The bathroom was next to the corridor (the room has a small corridor). It was 10 minutes later when I had finished my bathroom-cleaning job that I realised it was her medication time.

When I set my foot outside the bathroom I could hear she was laughing and all of sudden my legs were shaking. Then when I look at her I saw a woman next to her. The woman has a faded skin and almost like white all over. She was wearing a long, sleeveless dress and veil covering her upper face and she was caressing and kissing the girl's forehead a couple of times. My instant reaction was, I dropped the towel I was holding and rushed to the girl's side. Then the woman just vanished into the thin air. To be honest, I was really freaked out back then but I feared the girl safety more that I dashed to her bed.

I grabbed the girl's hand and asked her if she was alright. She said not to worry as it was her mother and she didn't mean any harm. I stood in silence for a few seconds. After I had collected myself enough, I gave the girl her medication before putting her to sleep. I waited until the girl was asleep before I went to comfort the grandmother.

The grandmother started tearing up when I described the woman I saw in the girl's room. The old woman told me the description fitted the girl's mother when she was still alive. The mother died when the girl was just born due to some complication and she NEVER had the chance to hold the girl. The girl actually started uttering the word 'momma' (mother) when she was 2 years but they didn't know how and when she learnt the word. She started getting sick when she was about 4 and a half. I didn't realise how much tears I shed on that day but it was really touching my heart deeply.

Six months afterwards I received the news that the girl had passed away. Poor innocent soul. But I know the girl was finally with her mother and hopefully together they will find peace as they have always longing to be together as 'Mother and Daughter'.

Other hauntings by JeunaBella

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JeunaBella, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
It's a beautiful story. Glad they finally got together. I understand your point about the religion, I will have the same struggle whether to tell the story or not too.
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-15)
Thank you for reading. Glad I can share it with other readers. Btw, I had problem accessing the site for few hours. Glad it was fixed 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
(at) Jeunabella
Yes, I can understand all this things but I want to say you that thanks you decide to share it with us otherwise we'll never get this heart touching story.
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
[at] sheetal

Before I start off with my explanation, I want to make it clear that even though I am a Christian, I do respect other religions, faiths and beliefs. And by any means, I am not trying to disgrace others by my following explanation. If any of the readers feel offended, I am trully sorry.

I wasn't intend to post this story at first because the family except the grandmother doesn't believe in 'deceased person's spirit can come back to visit the living ones'. The family is Muslims and there were no such thing in their beliefs and hadith. When I posted this, I am already against their beliefs as in my belief the deceased mother's spirit does come to visit her girl. This story was related to the family so considering they might venture into the same site and probably will read my story, they will get upset or offended, aren't they?

But I didn't put up real names or location in my story so the anonymity is still present as to shield their privacy but the above thought still voicing in my head when I was narrating the story down.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
(at) Jeunabella
Why are you thinking that I didn't intend to post this story at first because if the family read it they might get upset or offended. You know this story could be top of the other's story and we are very grateful that ultimately you decide to share with us. Yes you are right it's very precious paranormal incident.

Every girl has a heart of mother. You know once I was on family outing in Himachal and I saw a little kid (4 to 6 moths) in temple the man with him trying to fed roti (wheat bread) and as he is very little to eat this kind of food he was crying you know after seeing this I cried a lot. I was even suffered from fever for next 2 days. I told this story here cause I know what is the bond between mother & her child. Every girl has the heart of mother.

Once again thanks for sharing it with us. ❤
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
[at] notjustme Thank you for commenting. This is one of my precious encounters with paranormal.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
Jeuna - Oh geez the onions 😭 This was so beautiful and touching! I'm so happy for the both of them that they have each other and sad at the same time knowing the little girl is sick. Makes me think of my mother ❤

Thank you so much for this beautiful encounter. FAVS!
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
[at] mothernigtshade23

I am very sorry for your loss. It wasn't my intention to ignite sadness to the mothers out there by reliving the sad memories of losing a child. I'm just sharing a story of what I think as great bonding between a mother and daughter even though they live in different realms. I would love to think that the mother in my story has always been there as a guardian angel for her girl. And I'm sure your lost child is just fine and alright and she might visit you at times. I think the babies crying are signs that your child is paying a visit.
mothernigtshade23 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
That story touches home for me. I'm a happy mother of three. With both my sons I would have had twins. I lost one both times. My youngest is almost a year old and I can still feel a weight on my chest at night like there's a baby there sleeping. I've heard babies crying randomly day or night. I still cry thinking of my little girls it tears me apart. But every night I feel them and I smile cause I know they miss me to. Today us the anniversary of brendas birth/death and I've felt her close by all day. I haven't told My kids yet but my oldest has been telling me there's a girl that visits him and plays with him. I've not asked her name yet.
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
I was terribly sad on learning the news from the grandmother but I wasn't able to attend the funeral as I am in the middle of my examination. But she is always in my prayers.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
JeunaBella, how this made me tear up. It must have truly pulled
on your heart to have learned of the girls passing. Its really heartwarming the way you described her, I literally visualized what this girl may look like. Great story, thank you for sharing.
[at] Swimsinfire, I thini I may just write out "Tissue grabber" before I start writing.:)
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
Thank you for all the comments. Not all of my stories are 'tissue-needed' but I'll remind myself to write down 'sad story' next time when I post another similar story.

[at] swimsinfire My real name is Jemma. Bella is my nickname. I was quite surprise when you wrote down my name right (just missing an 'm'). Misstypo coincidence.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
Right, from now on all stories by Jemabella or Spiritwaiting just get up and grab the box of tissues first thing. This was a beautifull Mothers day story, thankyou so much for sharing it. ❤
Bio_Logic (11 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
This story should have the tissue-needed 'warning'. Only mothers know better what does it mean by able to hold your kids in your arms. The afterlife doesn't stop mothers' love and care for their precious children. I shed my tears too. Thank you for sharing.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
What a lovely but sad story. I too have a 2 year old toddler, reading this story made me shed a few tears. Thank you for sharing.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
I've a nearly 2-year-old daughter. I could not sleep the whole night after reading this story. Tore at my heart...
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
Hi Sheetal.

I cried my eyes out when I heard the truth from the grandmother. Actually both of us cried but I managed to hold myself because I know it wasn't good for an old woman to cry that much. I didn't intend to post this story at first because if the family read it they might get upset or offended (as this story concerning their beloved ones) but thinking this is the Mothers' month I think sharing this story is a good thing to do as it can remind us that mothers' love is strong and nothing can compare them in our life.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
Hi,very heart touching story. I felt very sorry for that sweet girl. I agree with your last paragraph. She is now peacefully with her mother.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: