You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Who is Whispering my Name?

Real Ghost Stories

Who is Whispering my Name?

 

About 3 months ago I was left to look after our house. One night I was alone, trying to go to sleep when something touched my shoulder I woke to a whisper "helen" and the door open and shut. After a few moments I stood and went to see if I could see anything, my dog was barking at the door so I let her out, nothing else happened.

Last night, 21st september, I was again trying to go to sleep, as I was drifting off, something hit my head quite hard, I woke, looked round and could see no one, I started to go cold, I tried 2 move my arm but I couldn't, I then tried to sit up I couldn't do that either, I began to go hot and I could feel my hear pounding and my arms pulsating, I tried to shout my mum but no noise would come out.

A few moments later I could move again, I ran into my mum's room but she was asleep so I went back into my room. I lay back down, I felt something hit my head again, this time I managed to shout my mum, she came in and asked what was wrong but nothing was happening, She told me I had been dreaming and to go back to sleep. This time I feel asleep but I woke again to see a black cloud float away from me.

I want to know who it is and what they want, I have asked my mum if I can see a medium but she said I'm being silly. I'm not worried or scared, I'd just like to know why me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Helen_Hamster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Japdude3 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
Might just be a ghost who wants your attention. Doubt it's a demon or I it would have done more.

Best of Luck,
Japdude3
blackrabbit (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
I woke up a lot in my old house when I swore someone quickly whispered my name. It stopped when I sold the house several years ago.
ghostluver1523 (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
I would like to say that I have had a simaller experince of things calling my name and pokeing me in the sholder. I don't know about you but it scares the crap out of me. But I have been ale to move, but I never call anyone because I know that they wouldn't believe me. I think it's a demon trying to posses you.



~~ Amy ~~
cheeky_basturd (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
you should pray and ask God... Repent first so you can be clear of sin... You'll have a better chance at getting an answer, be liek "God is it you saying my name? God is it Jesus? If this is a demon or satan do not call me again..." I've had the same happen to me
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Hey Helen. Maybe its a really old relative that had died on that date and most probably, its a one you don't know about. Its the same thing with me. My Grandfather died on October 16th, before my parents even got married and now it is going to be their 19th Wedding Anniversary. Anyways, A few years ago, on the night of October 16th, my dad's office got broken into and some things were also stolen! But this was a bad day. Similarly, maybe that is a bad day for you. Sorry, can't suggest any solutions for it. Anyways, Best of Luck!
Biemaster
mejophi (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
Helen, you say this occurs around the same time every month... Have you noticed anything in your life that coincides with this? Sometimes... Especially in adolecent girls, activity will quite literally come from them. Some experts believe that they have more "energy" that most of us.
Helen_Hamster (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
it hasnt happened since but I spose its not that long since and it doesn't seem to be happenin often, but its always around the 20th or 21st of the month. If its a relative I wouldn't be sure which one to suggest.
SaintPatricksSon (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Its probably a relative that's died and wants you to know shes okay. Pray for her, and she will thank you and may leave you alone or appear to you. If youve been praying to her and she still appears that means she is thanking you to show her gratitude.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Hi I've had that it happened on holiday when there's a voice only you can hear they say your name its really strange in a way cause they shout it. It could be a spirit/ghost sometimes they can talk about you thinking that you can't hear them. Just say hello or something. They be shocked because they don't think you can hear them. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
I have to been asking 'why me' for many years. There is no satisfactory answer as far as I can tell.

I would be a bit disturbed by being hit in the head though. Pray,pray,pray. Get a cross above your bed and a Bible next to you. Tel this to go in the name of God. Tell it to cross over and find peace.
Those would be my suggestions since actual physical contact has been made.

Keep us posted and God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Helen, I wouldn't be very happy if I got thumped on the head! You say you saw a black cloud float away, could you let us know if anything happened after that? I'd be interested to know if that was the end of things. If it was, then maybe someone/thing was just passing through and decided to bug you a little bit! 😉
Helen_Hamster (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Wahid I wasn't loged in when I submitted that story yeah id like to know more.
please help?
IamWAHID (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
if you are sayin the truth then let me tell you that same things happen to me. But the difference is that I know what these things are and how to tackle them... Reply if you wanna know more.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Why you? That is the age old question. No one seems able to answer it. Why is one person able to see or hear a spirit and yet the person next to them perceives nothing? It could be genetics, upbringing, or faith, no one knows for sure. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: