You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Haunted House 1: The Dark Hound

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House 1: The Dark Hound

 

I would like to formally introduce myself.

My name is Alex (male), and I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I am an Atheist, have a beautiful fiancé, was adopted at birth, and have since moved out from my family's house; the main subject for the following stories. I am the oldest of three, and have two sisters. One is a year younger than me, the second is a year younger than her.

My family's house was purchased the day they brought me home. The house was built in the 1950's, and was rather large for its time - but, by no means massive. After only a few years of living there, my parents decided that we should renovate. I do not remember much of the pre-renovated house. However, I remember, distinctly, a small locked corner cupboard in the kitchen. Above that cupboard was a drawer full of keys. We must have tried every single one of those keys one hundred times each. None of which seemed to open that cupboard. It was the first truly mysterious experience I had, and it captivated me. Unfortunately, when we were renovating, the cupboard was removed while us kids were out, and we never had a chance to see what was in that decaying, treasure chest-like mystical vault. Nevertheless, I became fascinated with the unknown; which likely was the cause and development of my obsessive trance towards Paranormal incidences.

I have several stories to tell regarding this house, and I enjoy telling extensive, detailed accounts of those experiences. So, after pre-writing one of them while the 'submissions' option was down these past few days, I've decided to split up each story with their own definitive presentation, as their lengths can be quite comprehensive. I don't consider myself thoroughly experienced when it comes down to paranormal events; nonetheless, these particular cases were quite intriguing for myself, personally.

The Dark Hound:

This incident had occurred on several occasions, and to at least two people. I would also like to mention that we had no pets while I was living with my family, in that house.

The first occurrence had happened in the evening. We were cleaning up dinner, most of the family was winding down for the day. It was raining slightly outside, peacefully.

As I was helping clean up dinner, I began hearing this clicking sound coming from around the backdoor. The entrance to the small 'L' shaped hallway that leads to the door is attached to the open-concept kitchen. You are first met by a small window when you enter the hallway, a two door closet to the right, and the thin hallway that runs about 12 feet to the door itself, on the left. While I was in the kitchen, the clicking was very faint. Initially, my inclination was to assume that the window was cracked open, letting some water pool on the inner ledge of the window, then drip down onto the floor below.

I go to shut the window, however, upon my arrival I notice that the window is shut. There are no cracks around the window, and I see no water on the tile below. The sound had stopped. When I first heard the sound, it had been emanating from the spot where I was standing, just before the window.

Suddenly, the clicking begins again. This time coming from just in front of the door. Though, not the sound of a single droplet, but the sound of nails from a dog's paws, stepping on our tile. I could hear multiple clicking sounds now, and they were walking in my direction. It took me a short while to realize that something was very 'off', and so I hastily ran away from the area, and up into my room. I came to the conclusion that I needed to verify what was happening, gathered my wits, and decided to go back down to the hallway. When I arrived, there were no more clicking sounds, and I would not have experienced this event for at least another year.

The second occurrence happened while I was home alone with my fiancé. My family is often quite busy, and would be running around doing whatever they do away from the house. I, on the other hand, enjoy being on my own (with the exemption of my fiancé, of course). My room is on the second story. Just as you make it up to the top of the stairs, on the left hand side, there are two doors. One to a small room, an office, and to the left of that is the door that leads you to my room. My fiancé and myself were watching some movies in there, waiting for a pot of water to boil in the kitchen downstairs. After a few minutes I made my way down there to make some dinner for us.

The kitchen is quite large - around 16 feet by 10 feet in length and width - and a very large island in the center - around 8 feet long by 4.5 feet wide. From within the kitchen - looking outwards - you can see the entrance to the backdoor-hallway (slightly to the right), a dining area directly attached to the kitchen on the right, a hallway with three doors in center view (one of those doors leading to the basement), beyond that hallway is the living room, and to the left you can see the front entrance of the house.

The hallway leading to the living room always gave me an uneasy feeling. However, the basement door and the stairs leading down was the worst. Whenever any of my siblings, myself, and my fiancé, were to look from either direction of that hallway, viewing into the proceeding rooms past those doors, there was always this ominous, dark feeling whenever the lights were off. As if something was lurking there, ready to sprint towards us, or burst out of the glass, basement door.

I had placed our food in the boiling pot of water, the lights were off in the house as I do not like to waste power - despite it getting quite late. The kitchen also has a dimmer switch in which I don't usually turn on all the way. Needless to say, the house was quite dark, visually. I had not felt any 'uneasy' feeling, even with my environment being as dark as it was. I began to get the plates and cutlery ready, when I faintly heard that familiar noise.

I turned around quickly, and in the blackened living room at the end of the hallway was the echoing sound of clicking claws. The sound was emitting from within the living room, but not in a spot where I could actually see what was making it. I could hear the sound of those nails getting louder. It was getting closer and closer to the hallway. I could hear it making its way to my direction, but I still couldn't see what was making it. I was becoming very tense, expecting to see this massive wolf-like creature materializing from the room beyond the hallway. The sound of the nails themselves had a sort of 'weight' to them. The distinguished sound a very large dog's claws makes on hardwood flooring, abnormally large. Whatever it was didn't 'feel' good, it had a darkness of its own radiating from it. It began to come closer to my direction, passing all the doors in the hallway, and entering the area just before the kitchen.

I was on the opposite side of the island and it had stopped at a point where I wouldn't be able to see it, even if it was visible. It had cornered me within the kitchen.

I slowly creeped my way to one side of the island, peaking my head over the top to hopefully see what was coming towards me. I was getting closer and closer to the end of the island, an area where I would then have to walk the width of the island to get to where it had stopped. That's when the sound of nails began again. It quickly began walking towards the direction I had chosen too, getting extremely close. It would have been within three feet of me before I decided I needed to leave, immediately! Running the opposite direction, I flew up the stairs, into my room, and told my fiancé everything. We gp downstairs together to investigate. We find nothing.

The third experience was my fiancé's. Unfortunately, I do not know a lot of the details. Nevertheless - on a separate night - she was heading towards the upstairs bathroom; which is down a hallway to the right of the top of the stairs. It was late at night, again, and the lights downstairs were off. For whatever reason - personally speaking - both staircases in the house have an unnerving feeling to them. She passes the stairwell and makes her way to the bathroom. As she passes the stairs, she gets one of her 'chilled' feelings. She immediately stops.

She hears the sound of those nails clicking on the hardwood flooring. Turning around, she peers down the staircase, seeing nothing but the darkness of the floor below. The footsteps continue in what she describes as 'pacing', as if whatever it was was just waiting for something.

She decides to return back to my room and tells me of her experience, and so we go down to investigate. Once more, we find nothing.

My questions involving this creature is mainly to see if anyone else had experienced similar happenings? I had heard a story a while ago that a young adult man jokingly read some demonic summoning passage, and then later had a large, invisible, dog-like creature growl at him and physically attack him. I hope what we had experienced was not the same. On the other hand, I have this uncanny urge to attempt to study it.

What are your suggestions with the whole case?

I have a few more questions regarding some other experiences I have had within that house. My other stories will be coming up shortly. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Other hauntings by M1cr0b1al

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, M1cr0b1al, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-03)
Totally off-topic, but I figured before your wedding it would behoove you to know that fiance (with an accent on the only e) means a male who is engaged to be wed, and fiancee (with an accent on the first e) means female who is engaged to be wed. 😳 When I first began to read your story, I thought your beloved was a male, but then soon realized she was a female. Just thought perhaps you'd like to know before you send out any formal letters or invitations! Blessings to both of you!
greeneyeswolf1972 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-16)
Hi What you experinece sound like hell hound you mean huge creature that are dark and also like the one on supernatural yes I been watch that show you can't see it but it's there I know what you mean by that but can hear the claw clicking while walk.
But I am not sure if it's hell hound or maybe what other post say maybe a previous family's dog.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-05-15)
"...as far as we can really tell, it all ends up speculation at the moment." When it comes to the paranormal, that's about the truest statement ever written, I think. I say this, because at the end of the day all we really have is our belief as to what/whom we engaged with. I suppose that is one of the maddening aspects about it. Even armed with the best of research, we can only say "believed to be the spirit of ___". There are no hard and fast rules on PROVING beyond a shadow of a doubt exactly whom you are dealing with. It boils down to belief.
Was this particular 'dog' (I use that word to simplify things a bit) a malevolent spirit attracted to your fiance? Or perhaps a wandering spirit just curious, but startled gave off a 'bad' vibe? Stray thought here (no pun intended) is it not possible that the 'threatening' vibe you felt from it, was not intended towards you, but something else that was lurking? I think you see what I am driving at. It boils down to belief.
The paranormal is a bit like a jigsaw puzzle with no picture on the box. You just have to keep pushing the pieces around until it 'feels' right to you.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-15)
Re your girl being a magnet for spirits... I firmly believe that some people have a kind of magnetism that means they attract attention their whole life. Not dissimilar to being a kind of psychic lightening rod. It's more than being psychic, it's like, having a foot in both worlds or something... The Hindi talk about a state of karma that a person is born with. Some are attractive to spirits, and some will go their whole lives without having a single arcane experience. Interesting.
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-15)
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I will be posting some other stories soon. Also, I would love to share some of my fiance's stories, but she feels quite private about those experiences (with the general public), so it will inevitably be up to her to allow me to share those stories with everyone here.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-15)
I agree with Val and immediately wanted to ask if the ghost dog showed up shortly after you and your fiancée became engaged. I'm also curious to read more stories from you, to better understand why it is you think your fiancée tends to draw more evil and malevolent spirits. Hope you submit more stories soon!

Sidenote, I had a little toy poodle, and my sister had a great dane. I also quite know that familiar clicking sound. Ugh, Zeus was a huge Great Dane. Larger than my sister, actually. Heavier, too. And he never quite realize he wasn't a lapdog anymore. 😆 I can imagine though how scary a Great Dane would be when invisible and not exactly welcoming. Honestly, I would have been inclined to greet him with a happy tone and leave a little doggie treat out. My neighbors' Great Dane once bolted toward me, randomly. At first I felt scared but I still greeted him happily "Well hello there, cutie!" and extended my arm to pet him. He ran right up and pushed against me with his body as if demanding belly rubs. So I gave him what he wanted and my neighbors apologized profusely -- said their dog must have confused me with someone else, because he'd never done that before. Good thing I'm an animal person or I might've run away screaming.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
...what Rook said earlier in this thread... That makes sense. All the universe is energy. Don't want to jack this thread by adding my own sentiments to that philosophy... Way bigger than one conversation. Just want to say that I agree and that I came to similar conclusions in my own search for understanding. Not to sound like a Rook groupie or anything. Ha. Not about to join anyone's cult... ❤
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
Doesn't sound to me like a residual haunting, because it cornered you. And was responsive to where you were? Residual hauntings don't engage with the living like that. Interesting that you heard it, but didn't see it. There are different strengths within psychic abilities as there are within physical abilities... Maybe you are particularly clairaudient.
basilisk193 (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
Thanks.
This is part 1, so there is more right? Looking forward to it!
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
Well, the framing is made of wood. Otherwise it's a pretty standard house that has been through renovations. The hardwood floors are actually laminate flooring that just looks like wood. There is no dust buildup that occurs in the way that you have mentioned, and I would also say it would be quite difficult to match that same phenomenon on tile flooring as well.

The walls and ceiling are all drywall. Also, the occurrence would have happened within 10 years of the renovation. I believe the floorboards were also replaced, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

I understand what you're getting at, however, it seems as though it is too coincidental to have such an occurrence considering some of the variables; such as walking in a direct line towards me consisting of a distance of 20 feet, stopping then circling the island (in which the flooring shifts from Laminate to Tile).

I have considered other possibilities before concluding that it is likely what it appears to be.

If you have any other questions about the structure of the house, feel free to ask, though! 😊
basilisk193 (35 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
To rule out all the possibilities, may I ask if the house is made of wood? Do you see some sort of wood dust at the feet of walls, corners or basement floors? Woodworms is the most likely of the household pests that might cause such clicking noise. The noise comes from inside walls and floors and often gives people a distorted sense of the source's location. I have heard it before and it sounds incredibly like something with long, hard nails walking around.
If it just suddenly begin after 20 years, I don't really think an entity has been there all the time. I would like more feedback to come to a conclusion if this is paranormal:)
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
I understand where you're coming from, however, I have certain attributes (neurologically) that prevent me from feeling fear like a common person without these traits would have. Essentially, it works as a 'dampening' effect in which I don't react in a panicked way. It's a bit difficult to explain, really.

However, due to this factor, and physical traits, neither my fiance or myself would be considered 'weak' in any conceivable way. Just to clarify, I wasn't offended by that statement. I too would see the attraction for such an entity towards that 'type' of individual.

I also understand your implied connection with general media and actual horrific events - or at least perceived horrific events. I assure you though, that due to this condition, this correlation between media and perceived events also doesn't nessesarily apply to this case, considering the variables.

The reason I believe that my fiance has this 'magnetism' for malevolent entities is due to a number of attributes. One would be that she is part Native American, with a family history of 'witch doctors' (I don't know the actual terminology, I apologize), who were said to be quite powerful. Another factor would simply be her own personal track record when it comes to experiences with such entities.

In relation to her experiences, they seem to spawn all around her specifically, not simply just the homes she had lived in. Following her, and so forth.

It wouldn't be surprising if whatever it was was there due to her presence. However, as I stated before, that could very well be coincident, and as far as we can really tell, it all ends up speculation at the moment.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
Well, Alex - may I call you Alex? I'd have to ask you if that " that ominous, 'evil' feeling that it was emanating during its presence", truly stemmed from 'it' or from your subconscious? A reaction to the unknown, possibly harmful event. Unfortunately, due to movies, books, etcetera people seem to be more 'programmed' as it were to view the unknown with prejudice leaning towards 'evil', but you are the only one who can judge as to which it was. If it was truly from the entity, it could possibly be that it was scoping things out - sizing up the prey as it were. Malevolent spirits tend to seek out weaker or more defenseless people to pick on. That's why children are often the target. At least that is how it appears to be in my opinion. Now, I will also tell you the exact opposite can be true. Now and then there will be one who wants the challenge so to speak of over-coming a stronger will. But they're almost as rare as demons.
Why do you feel that your fiancé is a target for such entities? A clue may be hidden in why she believes it to be so. (Yes, I do get a bit nosey in cases like this - lol.)
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
I believe that your theories could be very well likely. To further explain, My fiance has a tendency of attracting malevolent, "evil" entities, almost exclusively.

I emphasize the pluralization of 'Entities', as it never seems to be the same one, either. So it still may be a possibility that it could have been something that was somewhat attached to her. As I stated before, however, we haven't experienced it outside the house.

I suppose my aversion to the whole 'residual haunting' bit may simply be due to an ignorance factor, stemming from myself. I don't know very much about residual hauntings, and the idea that it could spring out of nowhere with no previous evidence of it seems a bit odd to me. Wander entities, on the other hand, seem very plausible. Of course, either or could be correct.

I particularly enjoyed your observation in regards to the lack of mischievous behavior in correlation with there actually not being much of any of that. I would agree that, at least from the lack of evidence in this manner, that the 'thing' could very well not be of an evil nature. However, why then would there still be that ominous, 'evil' feeling that it was emanating during its presents?

I suppose that would be my largest concern at the moment.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
M1cr0b1al,
I'm on the fence with your story. Not in believing it, but as to what it may have been. Hopefully that makes some sense. Originally, I thought I had a handle on what it might be, but then things came up in comments that made me re-ponder it.
I've been around dogs most of my life. My last dog, at age 1 year was 150 pounds and still growing. On his hind legs my face met with his chest. On all fours he was about 30-31 inches tall measuring from the shoulder. I only mention this because it illustrates how familiar I am with the 'pacing' sound of a large dog's claws on hardwood, and tiled flooring. And I can vouch that in the silence of the night that clicking is most definitely amplified. Add to this, that once your attention was caught you either consciously or unconsciously 'zero in' on that sound which also amplifies it to your ears. Now, knowing you had no dog there, so the sound shouldn't even be you have some apprehension going on and the sound can seem quite louder still. The action of the clicking sounds, as you describe it fits in more of how a dog 'investigates' something then their mode of stalking or attacking something/someone.
Now add to this, you only experienced it after you began dating your fiancé,whom seems to draw entities to her. It's possible that it was a type of guardian for her. Perhaps the feeling of 'waiting for something' she had was it's waiting to be acknowledged by her. How ever, you made no mention on if it followed you after leaving that house? If it was attached to either of you, I would think it would have. Then too, it may have been a wandering spirit, attached to neither being or location, and just very curious.
I've had a couple of experiences with what I call phantom dogs. One I initially thought meant me harm. There was the growling, the snapping sound of jaws... Different from yours as I actually saw the beasty. Darn near soiled myself to boot. My point is, if this thing walking around your house was evil, or bent on mischief there would be more indicators. And since your parents have since gotten a dog, and that dog seems happy enough, I think that particular energy has moved on.
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
I'm afraid that that is a gross misrepresentation of what an Atheist is.

All that needs to apply, in order to be an Atheist, is that you do not believe that God (s) exists.

We are free to believe or not believe in anything paranormal, and anything to do with "other realms" or outside our perception of physicality, for that matter.

I state that I am an Atheist only to dictate that I do not consider any of these incidences to be of a religious correlation.

Besides, simply because I - or anyone else - believes in something, does not mean that reality is there-fore void.

This comment from alien11able is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
Oh no, I didn't get offended. I will surely let everyone know if I ever do discover anything of interest 😊
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
I didn't mean to get you offended by my earlier comments. I know you are very keen and interested in learning the paranormal and the 'mystery' behind it. Just merely expressing my opinion because I think there are definite barriers between us and the other world. Good luck in your study and please get us informed if you find something interesting. 😊
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
Thank you for all your replies. I try and address them all, right now.

Rookdygin ~ An interesting theory. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to experience enough of these phenomena in order to formulate anything tangible, myself. Ironically, I'm not a very 'spiritual' person, in regards to religious matters or higher beings and the sorts. I enjoy dwelling in scientific matters, greatly.

Due to my inexperience and my lack of knowledge in regards to the subject of the paranormal, currently I would say that the most likely scenario revolves around our understanding of Quantum Physics. 'Biocentrism' is a relatively new concept, but may just be the (scientific) answer behind the 'life after death' possibility.

Also, the matter of Mutiverses comes into play, too. A lot of the Paranormal Events we see could potentially be caused by some sort of interdimentional mishap (or even, perhaps, Intention).

It is my personal opinion that studies like these will be the ones to most accurately assess Paranormal occurrences, and suggest that they are far more 'normal' than previously thought.

JeunaBella ~ Yes, I understand. I am not entirely dismissing an actual dog ghost to be the culprit. However, from what I 'felt' it still didn't seem as though it was one.

I, very much so, hope you are incorrect about the studying of them. It would be an incredible discovery to finally be able to definitively declare what it is all of us are experiencing, and how they work. Although, I agree, it may not be so soon as to when we will come about this information.

Twelveam ~ I am leaning more towards your inclination as well.

To answer your questions; No, we did not hear any other noises, even faint ones, when these occurrences happened. We did discuss our experiences in depth, and have only noticed similarities between all of them; rather than incongruities.

I do not live there anymore, however my family does. I don't have any way of knowing if they have experienced anything of the sorts, too. They recently bought a pet dog, and none of them are very 'in tuned' to all that kind of stuff to begin with. I am afraid that we may not ever be able to know. That is, unless, it is following my fiancé or myself, in which case we may experience it somewhere other than that house in the future.

I will be sure to notify you all if it does occur again, though! I'm glad you enjoyed my story.

Bio_logic ~ There seems to be a commonality with stories like ours. I've noticed a few other stories popping up around this website that references Dog-like entities. Thanks for sharing!

Shadowmonster ~ We have considered that, too. I'm not sure if I mentioned this in another story of mine, or in this one, but my fiancé is very aware of Paranormal Entities, and they tend to be drawn to her.

The experiences only occurred after we started dating, initially. However, this could very well be a coincidence. Although, this does lead me to believe that it may be possible to to be something new that is attracted to her, rather than the house itself.

This may be startling to some on this site, but no matter how "dark" it may be, I look at it more so as an opportunity, rather than a burden. I wouldn't ever want to get rid of them, so the whole cleansing routine will likely not take place. I much rather have them around to study.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, though!
shadowmonster (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
The fact that it took 20 years makes the possibility that a spirit latched onto you. If it wasn't something already there. You said the first occurrence you thought the window was open and that is a possible entrance wether the window be open or not even your doors. There are spirits that wonder and roam everywhere and feel your energy and what your giving off. Especially fear and acknowledgement to their kind. Those are the two brightest beacons for a spirit in the dark. As far as the heaviness of the animal I can't agree that it was a dog. Id say a beast of some sort. As long as it is not harming you physically burn some sage around the house especially around the entrances of your home doors/Windows. ❤
Bio_Logic (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
I heard barking and growling at my backyard too. We checked it out but no sign of any dogs or other animals. Our backyard gate are pretty high, solid and locked most of the time. I have no idea too what's going on?
twelveam (74 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
Although it makes the most sense that the sounds are coming from a "spirit dog", another spin on the case just MIGHT be that it is not a dog at all, but a different kind of entity. Given the fact that you are not able to see it, and can only hear it, opens up more possibilities of different theories. I know you didn't mention anything of the sort, but I would like to ask if out of any of the 3 instances was any other noise, even faint, heard in conjunction with the "clicking"? Did you discuss and compare your experience to your fiancé's to see if there was any differences at all? I also want to say that my opinion concurs with Miracles, that sometime things can be dormant for long periods of time and then just happen. I have seen this on several occasions in some investigations I have done, at least that is according to the owners of the properties I have encountered because their descriptions are what is initially base things on. Either way, I would suggest that what Miracles also said about it being a possible residual haunting, you try to set up a sensitive digital recorder for a period of time, possibly at different times to try and see if you pick up the same sound when you ARE NOT present. It also may be, that it happens more frequently and you or your fiancé' are just not there to hear it. Great story, and I was enjoying the read. Best of luck and would really like to hear any developments in this.
😊
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
Maybe the dog was hybrid type? My uncle used to have this Great Dane breed back in 2006. The dog was tall, big and I think more than 5 ft length but I am not sure the exact measurement.

And personally I think no matter how much we tried to learn or study about 'them', we will never get the perfect answers as what we have are all theories. Theories can be tested but to trully understand the nature and occurences, that was beyond our capabilities as human. Who knows what really are in the other side of non-human world.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
M1cr0b1l,

(Love the screen name 😁)

I've been working on a theory that Spirits/Entities are some form of Intelligent Energy. This energy is able to occupy our physical bodies... These would be human spirits... Think of it like this... Once the body reaches a certain stage of development this intelligent energy 'moves in'...this is the spark of life... Or does that seem 'far fetched'? Once the physical body dies the intelligent energy is released...

This energy can be measured... And is perhaps a form of EMF.

Just a theory... One that can be tested...

Respectfully,

Rook
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
Hmm, I see where you're getting at. The only issue then, is why it was perceptibly larger than any normal Large-Dog Breed.

I want to understand everything there is about the Paranormal. It is my personal belief that all of these occurrences are otherwise perfectly natural, it is our ways of studying them that is imperfect.

I want to know how things work and why they work the way they do.

In all honesty, I have no idea how to study these things. However, I do not believe that the current methodology behind Paranormal Investigations are able to give any sort of answers with any form of solidity. Though, they are on the right track.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
M1cr0b1al - my opinion, for what it's worth, is this could simply be a residual "haunting". Ghost guard dog (I'm imagining a Rottweiler or something equally big and fierce) who used to live in the home that still feels possessive and is still taking its duties/responsibilities very seriously. Add to that hearing the sound of a large animal that you know full well is not in your home and that would scare the crap out of anyone. And would also make anyone paranoid.

As for 20 years, there are things that happen all the time that just "suddenly" occur. Maybe the conditions were right for the instances you and your fiance to have experienced it then.

You mentioned studying it. How? And why?
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
I have thought of that as well, SpiritScout and BadJuuJuu. The reason I feel it may not be so simple, is due to it's perceived size. Although I couldn't see it, I could hear the weight of it as it walked.

It had sounded larger than even the large dog breads I can think of, and that is what leads me to believe it is something other than a normal house pet.

To answer your question, BadJuuJuu; No, I haven't attempted to summon anything or do anything that would possibly bring this upon the home.

I find it curious, too, that it only began occurring over 20 years after being in that house, rather than intrinsic to the house from the beginning.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
Is there any particular reason you are worried this is similar to the story you heard? Have you tried summoning stuff you have no business messing with? 😕
I think spiritscout's suggestion is perfectly reasonable. It's very possible the dog lived there, and isn't happy to find strangers in the home instead of the family he knew. Dogs can be extremely protective of their home and humans, and don't always take kindly to strangers in their space.
spiritscout (1 stories) (7 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
my opinion of what "it" is is that its dog that has passed away and it was the pet of the previous family and that its not happy with your family living there and is trying to get you away from its home.
That's just my opinion,

Spiritscout. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: