You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Everything Shook

Real Ghost Stories

Everything Shook

 

Hey everyone. First off I just want to say I am addicted to this web site! I love reading everyone's stories! I've been a reader for a long time and this is my first and probably only story. I'm not writing this with the expectation of comments or feedback, I'm just simply writing for your enjoyment just like I enjoy reading all of these stories. So with that said here it goes.

A few years ago when I was in my preteens or maybe even younger I lived in an an apartment with my parents on the second floor above my grandparents. One day my aunt, who lives on the third floor (everyone in the apartment was family), moved out with her husband and my two cousins and her friend moved in shortly after.

Well everything was fine when my aunt was living upstairs but when this girl moved in, I didn't know why this happened, but the whole house started shaking like there was an earthquake and I would hear footsteps at night.

I first noticed the shaking in my room and then in the living room where my parents noticed it too and then it was the whole house. I would wake up at night with my bed shaking and sometimes even footsteps outside my room. I once saw something white run really quick past my room. It looked like the outline of a person but I wasn't sure because it moved so fast. I went out of my room to investigate but, of course, there was nothing out of the ordinary. But every time my bed would shake at night (which happened frequently), I would go and sleep on the couch and that's where I would spend the rest of the night. There are never reports of any earthquakes in our area so this is very unusual.

Now my parents would try to explain this away by saying she must have a dryer up there or something that vibrates but I've been in her house to play with her cats and her daughter, who was two at the time, and I've been in the room that was right above my bedroom where the earthquake-like shaking would mostly occur and there was nothing in her house that would cause a vibration and this didn't happen until after she moved in, that I've been aware of anyway.

I'm not sure if this is related but before that, when I was about eight or nine, we (my parents, brother, and I) moved temporarily into the basement that my grandfather made into a house-like setting (kitchen, living room, bedroom, you get the idea) while our house was being remodeled. I've been told by my dad after we moved out of that apartment that at night the whole basement would start shaking without any cause, but I was apparently asleep when this happened so I never noticed. He checked the news and researched the area but there were no reports of any earthquakes and it was only in the basement.

I tried submitting a story like this before a while back ago but it wasn't excepted, but I've read a few stories on here about rooms and objects shaking without any cause or explanation so I thought I'd give it another try.

So there it is! My story. I know it's not too exciting but it is real. I'm not creative enough to make up a fake story and I wouldn't waste my time with that anyway. So I hope you enjoyed. Take care.

Erica

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hazeleyes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
We may not have ruled out all the explanations (I can't think of any others), but it does seem as though this woman brought something with her. I've read enough case studies from paranormal teams to know that debunking the occurrences is the first step before deciding it is paranormal, however.
hazeleyes (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
And to answer Valkricry's question this shaking did not occur until after she moved in with her daughter. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. 😊
hazeleyes (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
It only happened after she moved in. There wasn't any construction going on, I didn't live near any factories and as I mentioned there are no earthquakes where I'm from. I understand there are many causes that could cause vibrations but that still doesn't explain the footsteps I heard and the quick flash across my bedroom doorway.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
-1
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
The problem with the preceding theories on what could cause the shaking is would they have not been experienced prior to the cousins moving in? Although, like Argette suggested a new construction project perhaps.
The OP could check with neighbors and see if they also experience the shaking.
Argette (guest)
-1
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
Perhaps the vibrations are from an outside source, a factory or piece of machinery. The timing could be a coincidence. Is there a construction project nearby?
awakentaken (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
Spirits have a tendency to attach themselves to the young. Perhaps her two year old daughter had a poltergeist attached to her?
kariorit (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
Every house I've lived in had shaking when the washing machine hit the spin cycle... (we tend to overload) Not saying that's what happened to you... But it's possible.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: