You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Haunted Hotel In Vietnam

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Hotel In Vietnam

 

My last paranormal experience took place two months ago during my trip to Vietnam. My wife and I were staying in room 215 at the hotel Vien Ngoc Xanh at 397 Le Van Sy Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh, in Saigon.

On March 5th, at 2:30 AM, a violent argument broke out in room 216 and woke me and my wife up. We distinguished a man's voice and that of a woman who quarrelled together, but curiously we could not hear a word of what they were saying. It was like a confused hubbub. We also heard smashing objects, knocks banging our wall and doors slamming.

Suddenly, someone opened the door of room 216 and slammed it fiercely. Then we heard somebody running loudly in the hallway and banging on the walls and doors (including ours). The person ran down the stairs and climbed back immediately before continuing hitting the walls and the doors. Out of the blue, the individual started to turn the handle of our room violently as if he wanted to enter. I sat up on the bed to put my pants on, but my wife was holding my arm. She refused to let me go have a look. It was our last night in Vietnam and she did not want anything to happen to us. Suddenly, I heard a liquid spreading outside our door as if a bucket of water was poured. I then get up from the bed. My wife told me not to go, but I told her that I had to do it in case a crazy guy pours gasoline on our door before setting in on fire. I grabbed an empty beer bottle on passing and I opened the door.

There were nothing and no one! No trace of liquid on the floor or on our door. I heard only crickets. The whole floor was quiet. I closed the door and said to my wife that there was nobody. My wife asked me to call the front desk. I told her we will see it in the morning and for now, it's time to sleep. My better half paralyzed with fear gripped me tightly and was unable to sleep. For my part, I pretended to be asleep, but I was as scared as her. With my feigned carelessness, I wanted to reassure her and make her think that with me by her side, she had nothing to fear.

In the morning, we went straight to reception to tell the clerk what happened during the night. The employee replied to us that he was behind the counter all night and he has not seen or heard anything. Moreover, he assured me that the room 216 was unoccupied since Saturday. My wife retorted that it was impossible, we were not hallucinating. The boy repeated that all the rooms on the second floor were unoccupied except ours and the room 214, but customers of the other room had left early in the morning. The conversation went on for 10 minutes and obviously it was not going anywhere. Tired, my wife told me that we should have our breakfast and get ready to go to the airport and pulled me away from the counter. Before our vexed air, the employee suddenly revealed to us that he remembers now. Customers from room 214 had returned completely drunk late at night and had forgotten to take their key card at the reception. They then started banging around and became noisy. The clerk then went upstairs to give them their card. I asked him if he really believed what he said. If things really occurred like that last night, why did he wait for 10 minutes to explain it? How could he forget such an event? And how to explain the noises coming from the room 216? The employee looked down. He lied, but why?

During our lunch at the terrace, the waitress told us she could not help but to hear our conversation with the clerk at the reception. She told us that we were not the only ones who experience strange things on the second floor and many stories circulate about this hotel. Finally, she informed us that the corridors are equipped with cameras.

We thanked her and after our meal, we headed to the reception. The clerk had finished his shift and it was now a young girl behind the counter. We explained to her our misadventure of last night and required to see the video recordings. To our surprise, she complied immediately without waiting. She did some research on her device and invited us to go behind the counter to look at the screen. At 2:30, nothing happens for 5 minutes. At 2:35, we could see me open the door of our room and look in the hallway. After my inspection of the floor and the door, we could see me go back to the room and close the door. That's it.

Unlike my previous paranormal experiences, I was less afraid this time because my wife saw and heard the same things as me. If we could assume that I dreamed or hallucinated my other ghostly encounters, there was someone else with me in the hotel. It seems highly unlikely that my wife has had exactly the same dream or the same hallucinations. In addition, video recording shows that I indeed moved to open the door and do an inspection.

Other hauntings by Taycaoco

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Taycaoco, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MOLLICALAZZARO (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-15)
A very nicely written piece; absolutely chilling. The best story I've read for a while. Some years ago I cycled across Vietnam and also stayed in some spooky hotels although I never saw anything.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
Wow very nice story and it is perfectly written. There must be some murder or something bad had happen so you was getting the noise as same.That's why hotel staff was lying to you.

It is said that if any strange like murder, suicide whatever happens in any particular time. Then they was perpetually repeated on the same time. It's good that you was not harmed.
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
Very well written, thanks for sharing! I have read a similar story to this one on this site just a few days ago. The couple also had been in a hotel (not in Vietnam), heard some ruckus in the second room, and felt a presence in their room. When they investigated, nothing was there, as well.

Same sort of "everyone would have heard it" type incident, although they never had the chance to look at video footage.

To confirm, it is actually impossible for an individual to hallucinate the exact same thing. So, your wife most certainly didn't hallucinate.

I would say that your experiences is quite genuine.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
Wow, I like this. Its very unnerving and creepy. Did the video footage have any sort of sound recording at all?

Have you looked into the hotel? Age, and any harrowing events that could have caused you and your wife to experience such an event?

Thanks for sharing😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: