You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Entity With Unknown Intentions

Real Ghost Stories

Entity With Unknown Intentions

 

I'm not sure what I'm dealing with. To start off, I live above my dad's workshop in a large studio apartment. My parent's house is only a few yards away. I moved into the studio apartment when I began college. That's when things really began to get strange.

Mostly it was things being knocked over when I shut the light off to sleep. I would pull the covers up, roll over, and hear something fall off the dresser, heavy stuff like lotion or boxes.

Another time, I put in a DVD to watch before bed and walked over and shut the light off by the door. The DVD was already playing as I walked back to bed and climbed under the covers. It was a night where the moon wasn't out, so it was pitch black outside, and I distinctly remember thinking "I don't want to be in the dark." Almost instantly after I thought that, the tv shut off and I was in the dark. I was creeped out, but tried to laugh it off, like "well the ghost must think it's time for me to go to bed," something stupid like that. I used my flashlight app to make sure I hadn't sat on a remote or anything or pulled the plug, and I hadn't.

A while later things picked up. This was the most that happened all at once: My boyfriend and I were laying in bed, watching a movie, when all of a sudden the box of cookies that were on the counter went flying off and skidded on the floor. At the same time, something hit me on the back of the head-- a crumbled up paper that hadn't been crumpled up before, and the lights turned themselves on.

The thing that scared me the most was when my parents went on vacation, leaving me alone. This was in 2010, and my boyfriend didn't live with me yet. I had gone to my friend's house and locked all of the doors before leaving.

I came home around midnight and pulled into my long driveway and looked up to see the double doors in my studio wide open. Those doors not only are always locked, but they are never open because there is no staircase beneath them, and the doors lead to empty air.

I'd lived there for over a year at that point and hadn't opened them once. When I saw them fully open I just drove right back to my friend's house because I was too scared. In the morning I went back, thinking I must have not locked the door to the workshop and a burglar got in. But when I checked, the locks were still fully engaged, and nothing was taken from the studio.

In the winter, it gets really cold above the workshop, so my boyfriend and I sometimes sleep in the actual house in the spare room. Last winter, we slept there for almost three months. When we came back, it just felt weird inside the studio. We got settled in but both felt like there was someone watching us, and that they felt hostile. Like they had taken over the room and didn't want to give it back.

Another time, my boyfriend and I were trying to go to sleep, when we heard faint music coming from the workshop underneath us. But the weird thing was, every time we tried to listen closer, it would stop, and when we weren't trying to hear it, it would pick back up.

So that's the thing that's been in the studio. In my parent's house, my entire family including my boyfriend has seen a black, blurry shadow fly into my parent's room from the bottom of the staircase. No one knows what it is. Personally I think they might be two separate things.

The most recent thing happened a few weeks ago. I was sleeping in the guest bedroom, because my boyfriend was away and I no longer like sleeping in the studio without him out of fear. I got up to go to work (at 5 AM) and heard someone in the library, like someone was shuffling around. I was surprised anyone else was up, so I looked in and saw a dark figure moving around. I didn't keep looking in case it was someone changing (my dad keeps some of his clothes in there). I asked my family when I got home from work who had been up and why. No one had been up at all.

I have no idea what I'm dealing with. I also get really creepy vibes from time to time, but not always. Any feedback would be awesome. Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, decemberruby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-18)
I wanted to give you some quick tips that will cut down on supernatural manifestation drastically.

1. Get a bowl of white vinegar and mix it with sea salt. Let it evaporate in the area where the manifestations are occuring.

2. Burn some sage in the area twice a week. You can youtube how.

3. If there is a direct manifestation right in front of you, you can shine an LED light at it and it will diminish. Also passing things made of Iron through manifestations work well to dispel things.

4. Saying psalm 91 or a protective prayer before bed works for many people.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-15)
If yo look up rookdygin, who is a poster here, he has a non religious cleansing that you can do in your apartment.
Jack-o-lantern (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
Anything supernatural, you gotta be brave enough. The instant, you let go of your guts, you will be weak and vulnerable to the entity. Judging by your story, I think the entity has been there before you and now just sees you as a disturbance. Be bold, be strong!
decemberruby (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
I appreciate it, it's nice to hear from someone who has had similar experiences. I will try to say it without fear and see how it goes. If it's not bad or evil then it shouldn't bother it anyway 😁
Daniel_Marrin (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
One more note is that I'm not preaching in anyway at all I'm just simply stating what has worked for me on numerous occasions and allows you not to fear staying in your own home by yourself
Daniel_Marrin (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
These types of things have happened to me my whole life, I guess I'm just one of those few that are highly sensitive to the supernatural and spirit world. This sounds a little crazy but it has worked for me and you MUST do this with convidence and no fear. But if it keeps happening and you've had enough straight out say, " You are not welcome here and you must leave now" and then pray to your God (I'm a Christian so I pray to God and Jesus Christ to command the spirits to leave my house in His name). I have had a lot of success this way but you can't show that you're afraid of it in anyway. Hope this helps and if you're not a Christian than you can pray to however you believe in.
decemberruby (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
Hi, thanks for your input! No, neither places have been blessed, but I'm not sure about a death. I feel like there is probably a slight difference in the feelings I get; in my parent's house whenever I see something I'm kind of in awe, but I don't feel as scared as when I'm in the studio. Maybe because I'm more isolated out here? I've thought about it being a demon as well, but I have a cross hanging on the wall and it has never been moved, and I've never had scratches. I will try to get my hands on some sage or have it blessed, whichever comes first! Thanks so much for reading and responding!
Daniel_Marrin (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
Hello Ruby,
Let me first ask if the house or the studio has ever been blessed or if there was any death before you moved in? As you stated there could be two different entities, that being said is there any difference in how you feel being in your familys home vs the studio? The reason I ask is because I had a similar experiences where a lot of people said it was a poltergeist bc it happened a lot more at night but now I know it was a demonic attack due to religious things at my home being turned upside down or thrown on the ground and scratch marks when I would wake up. I would def say try as hard as you can to as you said "laugh it off" because I'm sure you know they feed off of your fear and the more you notice "it" or try and communicate with it the more things will happen to you. Praying for you though and remember to keep strong! I would def have the house blessed though if it hasn't been already.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: