You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Power Out

Real Ghost Stories

Power Out

 

One morning I was getting ready to leave for school and about 30 minutes before I left I heard a weird noise and then the power went out for about 10 minutes. It wasn't raining so I wasn't sure what to think and I was the only person in the house, everybody had left an hour before.

My room was the only room in the whole house that the power went out in. I was scared so from my room I had seen a ghost shadow in the darkness in the hallway. I was quite freaked out. Before I left the power came back on and I made sure to turn out my bedroom light. I didn't know what to do so I just hurried out of the house and left for school.

Well, when I was at school I asked other people if their power had gone out to, but everybody said no. Well, when I was at school that startled me and during the day I kept thinking about it.

When I got home from school at about 3:00 pm my mom was home and I didn't want to tell her because she would think I am losing my mind but the ghost that I saw in the hall was clear. I just tried to pretend like nothing had happened.

Then again that night I saw the ghost again so I just went for a bike ride and took a little breath and I thought maybe it was all in my mind, but when I was laying in bed watching a movie that night before I was going to go to sleep and I felt a cold breeze coming from my window that was open a bit. I had not had it opened it previously I had it locked and shut. All I had wanted to do that night was get some sleep because I had never experienced anything like that before.

I've had a couple of other experiences too that I am going to write about.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CrazyCats19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-16)
CrazyCats19 - sometimes a power outage can occur in just one room of a home. I know there have been times when my breaker has tripped (meaning it has shut off) the electric service to just my living room. There have been other times the breaker has tripped and a couple of rooms have lost their electric.

If this was the case in your situation, when your mom came home, it's possible she realized what had happened and flipped the breaker back on, restoring the electric to your room as well as the other rooms. And since you didn't mention it to her, she had no way of knowing you thought something paranormal had occurred. Just a thought 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-16)
hi,
Short & crispy story. Can you just describe the overall ghost shadow? May be this can helpful to you finding any solution.

Take Care 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: