You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Laughing Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Laughing Ghost

 

In my 17 years of being on this earth I've only had 3 paranormal or ghostly experiences. One when I used to live in Danville and the others more recently, but I want to talk about the one that happened to stick out more.

My house is small but accommodates 3 people and is comfortable. My room is on the 1st floor. The experience happened a few weeks after I moved up from the basement. I have 3 dogs: a toy rat terrier named Hermione, a Pomeranian Chihuahua named Snowy and a red terrier named Molly.

When I had first moved into my room all three of them would sleep in my room (I didn't find this odd). Then a night or 2 after I moved in my bigger dog Molly would just growl and growl and with every passing moment the growl would become more guttural and violent sounding.

Molly was a very loving and passive dog. She would just growl at the left side of my bed (I have a queen bed so I had one whole side of the bed and it was completely empty).

Every night her growling would become more violent and eventually two weeks after her violent growling I awoke but I couldn't move. I was fully aware I was awake, but I was terrified to the point of not being able to move. At this point all 3 of my dogs are barking and I'm so terrified that I can't yell.

So as I'm trying to move and get up I noticed it... This shadowy figure darker than anything I'd ever seen standing over me. Right then I yelled (I to this day have no idea how I was able to finally get words out of my mouth) "What the holy f***ing h*ll!?!?" And it slowly faded, but not without chuckling. It chills my bones to talk about the event.

If anyone knows exactly what that could've been I would love input.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RomieBear96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RomieBear96 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
It was the scariest experience I've had. Hopefully it's the last cause I can't take that stuff. I'm the biggest chicken when it comes to the paranormal lol. Maybe I should post about my other 2 experiences. Thank you guys for your comments. I appreciate all of incite you've given on the subject.
johnnycashmuse (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
I think that dogs are sensitive to the spirits around us. And that your 3 dogs, because they are close to you and are very protective of you were just letting you know that someone or something was around you and them. And that they were just doing what comes natural to them, protecting you from this spirip who is an unknown person to them.
Your lucky they are so protective of you.
JACQUIE
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
Terrifying Story! Dogs are truly mans best friend! I would be sleeping with them from now on... I shudder to think what the entity could have done to you if your four-legged friends hadn't been there. I don't know if your religious or not but if this was me I would be praying for protection every night before bed. Good Luck xx
numbersix (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
i think that is was probably good that you woke up... I don't think that the "thing" would have hurt you but better safe then sorry right. I would also like to say that this is a really freaky story
GoldenCrystal (1 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
It makes me remember of that one Time I was sleeping and then suddenly something paralyzed me, I could clearly feel someone on me, and then I heard a very loud and repeated cough in my ears.
I tried to move again and thought "go away from me!". I slowly begun to move and opened my eyes, but I couldn't see anything, then when the coughing stopped, I could move freely again.

I think it was one of those ghosts who will joke around with people. 😠 that's not very nice of them, but well they go away and search for other people to play around with... Or maybe...
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-18)
sheetal,
Of course we are all entitled to our opinions. Yours is valid. I just disagree with it. I hope your not offended. No one here is a expert, especially me. 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-05-18)
Well, Romie... Unfortunately the paranormal seems to come with it's own question mark. Meaning, we never know the entire story. And it is possible your dogs were simply reacting not to the nature (good/bad) of this being but more to it being an 'intruder'. Simply alerting you to the fact something/someone is there. As to who it was, what it wanted... Well that's just part of the mystery. Sometimes a spirit is just passing by and pops in for a look see. Maybe they had a friend who use to live there, or are just being curious.
RomieBear96 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-18)
I don't know if it wanted to hurt me. I don't even know what it wanted. I feel as though it didn't want to cause harm. If it wanted too it definitely could have.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-18)
(at) mamachong I am not a paranormal expert. What I wrote was just a thought of mine... Nothing else... 😁
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-17)
Valkricry- You are so right about dogs being indicators of the paranormal. My rat terrier has been a great spirit detector. I had an experience at my old apartment with my dog, when I was laying in my bed one night. He started growling at my bedroom door, as if someone was there before I knew it he jump back as if this spirit was advancing towards us. I said out loud if your intentions a bad you are not welcome in my home. That experience freaked me out!
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-17)
Hi Romie, welcome to YGS.
If this was a particularly bad ghost, I think it would have done more than chuckle. However, your dogs were acting negatively towards it, so I wouldn't write it off as harmless. Dogs are wonderful indicators as to the true nature of beings - living or not.
I'm thinking this did not happen in your current space, because you seem more curious as to what it might have been then how to be rid of it. You could try researching the place and see if anything turns up in its history.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-16)
I have to disagree with sheetal. I don't think it was trying to possess you. It sounds more like it wanted to get your attention. Mabie to get a reaction from you and when it did, it sounds like it was the reaction that it wanted. I'm curious though. Did it try to harm you? Have you seen it sinse and has it interacted with you after this?

If you are scared and don't want this entity in the home, there is a non religious cleansing you can do. It is posted on rookdygin's page. Many people have tried it and more say it works than not.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-16)
Hi,
May be the ghost want to possess you. It's good that your dogs were there. Is your house has some strange mystery just find it. This could be helpful to you.
Regards,
😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: