You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Small And Creepy Experiences In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Small And Creepy Experiences In My House

 

This is my first time submitting anything on here but I have been looking with full interest at this website for a couple of years now as I have always had a keen interest in the paranormal - ever since I was a little girl. I'm not sure why I developed such a huge interest in it to be honest, even before my family began to witness strange things happening in our house I've always wanted to hear people's experiences with ghosts and other paranormal elements. In fact, one of the first few things I ask people who I have recently met for the first time is whether they believe in ghosts.

I mentioned that my house has been subject to paranormal activity, this has been occurring for the past 10 or so years. Before I get into telling a couple of stories about what I have experienced in that house, I want to talk about the history of it. My house is 21 years old, it was built next to my grandparents dairy farm and the farmhouse dates back to roughly 300 years ago. My dad and his two older brothers lived in that house for a number of years when they were young before building another house on the farm land. My dad has always been sensitive to the paranormal and from a young age he saw various spectres and was exposed to weird things happening in that house. My aunt and uncle now live in that house and I have always got horrible vibes from it, especially in the long winding hallway. Overall it's not a pleasant place to be in. There was a time when my dad was a little boy and ended up getting locked in the bathroom by an unknown force for over 30 minutes in the middle on the night. For years, my dad was very private about his experiences with ghosts and I don't feel like it is my place to regurgitate any of his stories, but when I was younger, that was the only story he would tell me and it still does send shivers down my spine. He has lots more stories that are very intriguing, so I will ask his permission if I could publish them on here!

Anyway back to my house. I've moved out of the house now because I'm at University in the city so I only come home about once a month. My little sister is 16 and still lives at home. From a young age, she has seen ghosts. Perhaps because of her age now, she rarely sees them but she used to see literally just a pair of legs from the waist down in her bedroom. The first time she saw them was at aged 6 and she saw them walking from the bathroom into her bedroom. This was clearly a horrifying experience for her because she used to always be inconsolable whenever she saw them and it got to the point where she refused to sleep in her own bedroom in fear of seeing them. However, my parents were very open to her with told her that there was nothing to be scared of and they couldn't have harmed her in any way. This worked because my sister grew to become very accommodating of them, and even was upset whenever she didn't see them!

On the other hand, for me I didn't witness a lot of things happening in my house when I was younger. I have 3 stories which I am going to tell, the first one involved my boyfriend at the time.

When I was 17, I my boyfriend staying overnight and seeing as my parents were weird about us sleeping in the same room, he slept in my lounge upstairs. One particular night, my boyfriend was trying to get to sleep but he couldn't because he kept hearing the sound of a man whispering 'get out' in his ear, progressively getting louder and louder, and then getting quiet again. This lasted for a good 5 minutes before he decided to bravely sit up and see if anyone was there, then it stopped and somehow after about an hour of being too scared, he managed to fall asleep. Goodness knows how. In the morning when he told me this, he was still very scared and for a week or two refused to stay at my house.

The second story is quite an interesting one that happened a few weeks ago. I got a weird text from my mum asking if I wrote the word 'sorry' on the door of the shower with the condensation. Confused, I said no and bluntly asked her what the hell she was talking about. Apparently, when she was having a shower, she could see the words faintly appear on the shower door before fully appearing. She's asked my dad and my sister (it's just the 3 of them that live in the house) and they both reacted similarly to me. When I was home, I was taking a shower and the condensation caused me to see the mysterious sorry written down. It is written very very thinly, I tried tracing it with my fingernails but the lines were not thin enough and I have pretty small skinny hands.

The final story I am going to tell is one that happened just last week actually when I was at home. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and my sister was speaking loudly through to me from my bedroom. (quick layout of my house: I have a long hallway which contains the bathroom at the end of the hall, my sisters room next to it and then my room) As I finished brushing my teeth, I saw what I assumed was my sister walking into her bedroom, so I naturally followed her and when I got into her room, no one was in it. I ran out of her room and ran into mine, and noticed that my sister was still in my room sitting on my bed looking confused at my horrified face. The figure I saw had long dark hair like she did, but was all in white and their face was blurred, I don't know why I decided to follow it, I was just absent mindlessly day dreaming. The split second I followed the figure into my sister's room, I could feel my spine shiver and my body feel cold. It did shake me up quite a bit, but thank goodness I was leaving that day to come back to my flat in town!

Thanks for listening to my stories, sorry they're a bit long but please comment and share any similar experiences you have had with living in a supposedly haunted house!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, J_ham, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
I too had a little giggle at your parents decision to make him sleep in the lounge... My Father is the same!

Maybe the 'Sorry' on the glass was the ghost apologizing for frightening your Boyfriend? The third story gave me goosebumps! Thanks for Sharing xx
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
The incident with your boyfriend, sorry, I laughed a little at that. It struck me that maybe the resident ghost knew your parents were a little uncomfortable with him staying over, so the ghost said what your parents were too polite to say. I probably shouldn't have laughed at your poor boyfriend's experience, but my sense of humor is a little warped.
The word "sorry" appearing in the shower is odd. I wonder who was sorry for what? At least they had the courtesy to apologize, even if your family may never figure out what for. Maybe the ghost was apologizing for some antic it pulled on your family, or maybe for something it had done in life.
The third incident sounds like you caught the resident ghost mostly, but not quite fully, manifested. It takes quite a lot of energy for a ghost to do anything, and a full manifestation seems to be particularly high energy. I think that's why shadow people are so common, while clearly defined ghosts seem more rare.
Anyhoo, just my thoughts. Interesting series of events you've shared here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: