You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Is My House Hanuted?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My House Hanuted?

 

I'd like to start off by saying this is my first post but after reading a lot of the stories on this site I know I can get some sincere answers. I am 28 years old and live in Dallas, Texas. For as long as I can remember I have felt the presecense of something or somethings around me.

When I was around 4 or 5 my family and I (Mom, Dad, older Brother, and older sister) moved to our house in Dallas, Texas. Everything from what I remembered seemed fine up until a few years after moving in. Let me also state that our house is built from an 1800 Spanish Mission Church that the previous owners had bought back to Dallas. It's hard to explain but a lot of things in my house are from that Spanish Mission Church (this is what I've been told by my parents). Everything from our front door that is a huge wooden door with latches for locks and a metal handle for a doornob (it looks like something out of the 1800's). Even our sinks in the bathrooms were made from the "tiles" from the Church and even actual tiles of our kitchen floor are said to be the exact tiles from this church. I've looked and looked for the Church name but have had no luck so far, not even with my parents becuase they don't believe me.

Now that we have had some background I'll begin by saying I remember being 14 and making a sandwhich late at night, everyone was either asleep or in their rooms. While making the sandwhich I could "feel" something by me so I turned thinking it was my brother but nothing was there so I kept making my sandwich thinking it was just my imagination until I hear my name being yelled right by my right ear. It was the scariest and creepiest voice I've ever heard and typing this gives me goosebumps thinking about it again. Well as soon as I heard my name being yelled in my ear I took off running through the house, don't know why I was running it wasn't like I had a lot of room to run from something. I also would hear my name being called a lot but more like from a distance never was it like that one night thank God. I would always go to my parent's room or ask them what they wanted once I heard my name being called and they would always say they didn't say anything. It happened so much they took me to an ear doctor when I was 15.

Fast foward a few more years and I'm in college for my freshman year. I would always wake up like I had no energy and feel like I didn't get any sleep. I didn't understand but didn't really think about it too much since I was in college and you're supposed to be tired. Until one night my roomate in the dorms said they heard my talking in my sleep (not saying anything that they could understand from what they told me). As they turned to look over at my area in the room he saw a shadowy figure standing over my bed looking at me. He thought it was my girlfriend at the time and told her to leave before we got into trouble since we couldn't have girls in the dorms past certain time at night. Once he told her to leave he said something stared right at him and he said that he never felt such fear in his life, he actually moved out into his own room about 5 weeks after that experience. It took him a while to tell me that something was standing over my bed because he thought it was a dream until things would start moving like books would fall off the shelves, bathroom paper would be thrown over the room, etc but that could be just college dorm pranks but he did move out weeks after this event had happened. My question is how long has this been happening to me and could this be why I have no eneregy when I wake up no matter how many hours of sleep I got?

A lot of people have told me they don't think it's my house because ghosts or supernatural events happen at locations and not actual artifacts but I'm not sure how true that is or not. I'm sorry this was so long but I need real help here because now I'm living with my fiance and I've been seeing shadowy figures out of the corner of my eyes all the time no matter day time or night time. My dog has stopped even going into my room now and will just sit right by the door. Please if anybody has any ideas please let me know as I need some serious help here and not one person from my family belives me or has admitted to having any experiences like me which makes me think something is wrong even though I'm not crazy or have any type of medical or mental issues.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Daniel_Marrin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Sheetal, I think called him possessed is going a bit far. There are a lot of connotations to that. We should not worry someone about evil spirits when the situation has not presented itself as necessarily evil.

Since it's follow you for so long and so far, its pretty safe to say that whatever is around you is attached to you and not a place (it also takes away a lot of the theories I use for earthly reasons). Especially since there have been people who have seen it following you.
This also takes away the mental issues and medical worries. If it was your mind, other people would not be able to see it (or your animals). Take some comfort in that.

I would say that blessing according to your own personal beliefs would be a really good idea if it happens again (I saw your blessing comment. If it works, keep it up.).

If you believe in crosses or crystals or such things, I would invest in owe- even if it just brings you peace of mind, that is worth something.
leticialopez (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-05)
Hi Daniel, I am very sensitive to this type of thing as well. I always see shadows and there are times where I even see people with the color of clothes they are wearing for like five seconds and then disappear. When I was younger, I thought I was nuts but as I got older someone explained to me that I was just a sensitive. Most of the time I ignore what I see but when I feel that these things are evil I tell them to leave my home in a very firm voice. There was one two years ago that would not go away and I also felt very tired during the day, extremely drained I would say, but I prayed about it for a couple of weeks, blessed my home and it eventually it did go away.
Daniel_Marrin (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
Yes I see shadow figures everywhere not just at my parents house. I see them at new apartment with my fiance (who doesn't see them but notices cold spots and things moved). I'm just wondering if it's a spirit haunting me did it come from my parents house with all the Spanish Mission Church artificats and if it is why is it just me that this spirit is following. I am sensitive to these things but this one has followed me since I was around 13-14 years old and nothing I do will have it leave like the other spirits I'm around I can get rid of them if I need to and they become violent.
spiritscout (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
Hi, I think its true, ghosts can follow you. I have read many stories saying they have been followed. I agree with xSusanx that its you being haunted not the house. 😐 hopefully nothing bad will happen to you. Have you felt presences anywhere away from home? If so its you being haunted. By the way I am not an expert...

Spiritscout
Daniel_Marrin (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
Thanks pearlangel:
I have cleaned my new place and had it blessed and so far I've about 5 days of nothing really extreme happening. I guess I'm so sensitive to these things and usually can find a way to make them leave or "cross over" as some people say but this one will NOT leave no matter what I try. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
pearlangel (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
HI Daniel_M: It is certain that your room is not good as your own pet don't want to enter it
TRY TO CLEAN the house/room and always be positive 😁
Daniel_Marrin (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
Another quick post I forgot is I do believe it's two spirits for this haunting. Like I've said I've always been sensitive to this stuff and have helped a lot of people get rid or help pass over ghosts and even demons and religious hauntings but this one is either being extremely stubborn or really really wants my attention. I've tried talking to it to see if it needs anything like some spirits but to no avail. The past five days have been good so far in the new house but if anyone has anymore suggestions I'd really appreciate as I've tried everything except seeing a psychic or medium.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
Daniel, I know you mean well by the offer but we generally discourage people posting their experiences on other people's stories. Things can get a little chaotic if that happens too often. 😊
Letum, the submission page is up so if you'd like to share your story this a great time to submit it. ❤
Daniel_Marrin (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
Letum:
If you want to post your story on here that's fine with me.
Daniel_Marrin (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
Thanks for the responses guys. I just moved so I just got my internet hooked back up. I do see shadows a lot even at work in my offices.
Valkricry: I have been checked by the doctor for all of those you mentioned. I have been sensitive to the spirit world my whole life and can ALWAYS sense when one is around. This one does feel very angry and evil though than the other ones in my past that I've experienced. I got used to it growing up but this particular haunting will not go away no matter what I try. I agree that I'm the one being haunted as my family and fiance don't really mention anything to me about seeing anything. I have had my new place blessed and my dog and cat are coming into our room now but we will see. If it persists I will go see a psychic. I do think it's from my parents house that has all that Spanish Mission Church artifacts. I've been able to get rid of all the spirits that have attached themselves to me (because like I said I've always been sensitive to this stuff) but this one is very diffcult to go away. I've dealt with a few demons before haunting me and like you said it's not like the movies at all but this one will not leave me alone. Right now its been 5 days since we moved in and after I blessed the new house and nothing has happened yet. I will keep you guys posted though
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
Hi, Daniel I think some bad spirit is possessed you. Possession is not in the sense like we saw in movies. Sometimes we are under the possession of ghost and we didn't realized that until they become worst. I've seen this in my home. It can be your house ghost (not sure) because ghost attracts and they never leave body of victim.

You should start chanting name of lords. This helps you to overcome from this situation.
numbersix (2 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
ok first of all I want to say that I don't think that its your house... I think that its you. Certain people tend to attract ghost more then others (like myself) and its because of our personalities. We are very open minded and are able to except these things as paranormal or ghost like. I would actually consider yourself lucky that this ghost has chosen you... But if these happenings start to turn bad (like if you get hurt or someone else does) then next time it happens just try asking it why it sounds dumb but sometimes there is just something the ghost wants before it can move on... But if you are content and like your ghostly friend then just smile and move on... I have studied this stuff science I was 5 or 6 and I hope this helps (oh yea don't try to go to a priest to get rid of it or anything like that because one it doesn't really work and second of all you might make it mad..._
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
Welcome to YGS, Daniel. First off, whomever told you that ghosts/supernatural haunt locations and not artifacts wasn't quite right. There must be umpteen million stories about 'haunted' artifacts. Spirits can be attached to objects, locations, even people.
I'm of the mind that the entity at college and the hearing your name called is two different beings. You didn't mention being tired all the time prior to college. Now, before we go straight to paranormal reasons for exhaustion, have you been checked for more mundane reasons like diabetes, lupus, or anemia? These are just off the top of my head, and I'm sure that exhaustion can also be a symptom of many others. You say you have no medical issues, but still that needs to be addressed prior to saying something COULD be paranormal. Stress can also sap one's energy. However none of those things would explain what your room mate claimed to have seen. I guess the easiest way to explain this is apparently, energy is to the spirit world what food is to man. The more energy a spirit can absorb the stronger they are. It's possible that this spirit is siphoning off your energy while you sleep. Now that you have moved in with your fiance, do you still feel tired all the time? Do you still hear your name being called?
As for seeing shadow figures all the time: is it only at home or no matter where you are? Again, you might want to check with a doctor just to be sure this is not a symptom, perhaps with your eyes, but I have heard it mentioned in conjunction with other ailments.It's best just to have those things ruled out.
We have a member on this site named rookdygin, who has a cleansing and shielding method on his profile. Many have used it and say it's very effective. You might want to give it a shot: http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
Please keep us posted.
Val
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
Letum: I'm sure all the members of YGS will be interested on reading your story.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
Hi Daniel_M: you might be sensitive to the paranormal and that's the reason why nobody else in your family has experience anything in the house; and yes, energies can get attached to artifacts, and the parts of the old church used to build your house could be soaked in somebody else's grief.

Good news: you are not crazy and this is a good place to find lots of good advice from many of the members of the site.

Thanks for sharing your story and good luck!
xSusanx (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
After reading this, I got the feeling that you are the one being haunted, not your house. If your family doesn't notice anything, then you are most likely to be the one haunted. And you're not crazy, lol. It's very normal for someone that's being haunted to feel drained of energy. I don't really know how this works, or how to get rid of it. But after reading this, I just wanted to tell you that you're not crazy.

And by the way, it doesn't appear to me that this spirit is bad or evil. But because he was yelling your name, and is draining your energy you might not me in contact with the nicest one. But again, that's just what I understood from reading this:)

-Susan
Letum (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
Hello Daniel, I just finished reading your post. I'm not an expert on these types of occurrences, but have you thought of possibly seeing a psychic? I know finding one might be difficult but its a suggestion. I'm curious, have you had your apartment blessed prior to or just after you moved in? In my culture, having your new living place blessed is if anything gives you the peace of mind. My family recently moved into a new home 3 years ago, since we were new to the state and area, we did a raw salt blessing on the entire perimeter of home. Shadows around you, in my opinion is not good, especially if your own pet won't enter your room. Thats a definite sign something is not right. Its possible *Something* from the old church/home has attached itself to you since you were young. Hearing your name said is very disturbing as well. I had a similar experience when I was 14, and to this day it still haunts my wandering mind as to Who or What is was... I have a good idea, if you're interested to hear my story I'll post it up here. Hope my reply post to you gives some help to your situation. Good Luck and keep Faith! Letum*

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: