You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Apartment Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Apartment Experience

 

The year was 2004 around the month of February. My children were ages 9 months and 5 year old. My deceased husband and I were asleep in bed when I woke up out of a dead sleep. I don't recall the time of this incident but I am sure it was early morning around 2-3.

I was laying on the right side of my bed furthest to the wall. Beside my bed was an aquarium with our ball python Angelus. I was laying there when I heard the wood in the hallway creak like someone was walking. I lay there paralyzed with fear because both of my children were sound asleep, my husband was right beside me sound asleep. So, being the chicken that I was back then, I covered my head up and rocked myself back to sleep (LOL).

The next experience I had happened to me around the early morning hours same situation, kids asleep, husband asleep and I wake up out of dead sleep. I lay wondering what in the world? When out of nowhere I smell this sweet aroma coming from where my snake's aquarium is. I mean a nice smelling perfume. I am looking around the floor for something that could of spilled but could not find anything. I just fell back to sleep.

My husband woke up to take his shower on the way back from the bathroom, he was like, "I smell perfume." It was right in the doorway of the bedroom. I went on to tell him about the perfume smell I experienced earlier on.

We have experienced smelling food cooking when we clearly weren't cooking anything. I never before had this happen until we moved into this apartment.

Other hauntings by Darkangel73

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Darkangel73, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
That sort of thing happens in apartments- you can often smell strong scents coming out of vents and such. Not trying to be a spoil sport, but in my old studio, I could always smell what the neighbors were making. If the next door neighbor walked, my floor would creak.
johnnycashmuse (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
Sounds like a passed over loved one is watching over you. The sweet smell near your snake and the purfume and cooking smells. Then the feeling of being watched in bed, sounds similar to experiences I had after my Grandma Marlena passed away in 1988, I experienced virtually the same things happening both in my house in TN the night she died in Baton Rouge and during the funeral and wake in the house her and my late Papa Joshua shared the weekend we went down to send her off. My brother Luke and cousins experienced the same things twice when we were all together.
So maybe its someone you have lossed come to check on you. If they haven't tried to harm you I wouldn't be worried. Someone misses you. Thats all.
JACQUIE.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
skeptic_not_sceptic: He was alive during that time when I had those experiences. He passed away Aug 20th 2010. Sorry for the confusion.
BlessedWildAppleGirl (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
Darkangel73 and sds,
I have also had the experience on three occasions, of smelling something after my boyfriend's dad had passed away, that smelled of him. As soon as I recognised it though it was completely gone.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-21)
Hi Darkangel73, I cannot comment about the first experience because of lack of input. As far as the aroma is concerned, it could mean a presence. But it is better that if these experiences continue even now, to maintain a journal. That will help.

I will tell you my personal experience that happened on 24th April, 2014. On that day, my father died. He was in hospital for over a fortnight and he died around 8 a.m. We have cremated him on the same day evening. When I got back home, it was around 10 p.m., I felt suddenly that I inhaled something like the smell that would be in the hospital ward, much like where my dad was admitted. It was there for about 5 minutes and then I could smell nothing.

Thanks for sharing and it gave me a chance to share my experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-21)
Skeptic_not_Sceptic: I think she means her husband passed away some time later, but he was alive and sleeping beside her during this experience. 😜
Skeptic_not_Sceptic (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
I am a little confused. When you say "My deceased husband and I were asleep in bed...", did you mean that his spirit was lying beside you?
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
I am the person who has cooking smells in the middle of the night, and they range from bread to pancakes to cinnamon toast.
They are regular - 4-6 times a year, maybe more. But I do get perfume smells on rare occasions, too, and sometimes, footfalls on the stairs.

Just recently, I have begun smelling an oily, greasy outdoor smell, and it it comes the feeling that I am being protected. One night I had both baking and outdoor aromas, and that was the message I somehow received.

As for the perfume, at first I thought it was perfume that had spilled onto the carpet by a previous dweller. Now I know better.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
Oh it was that believe me, I have yet another story about this apartment.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
Sounds like an interesting place to live. One of our members experiences cooking smells regularly. I'm slightly jealous of you guys lol. Pleasant phantom scents must be nice. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: