You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was It a Last Good Bye?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It a Last Good Bye?

 

My story took place 11 years ago, in 1996, few days after having experienced the loss of my best friend / ex-boyfriend Phil. In the night of the 5th /6th of march, a party was planned in a club, it was the birthday of one of our friend. As I hated clubs, and still do, I just refused the invitation to stay home with a girlfriend of mine.

My friend Phil was a bit upset and disappointed that I couldn't come, but he managed to take it quite good in the end, we were very close for many years, same school, same hobbies, we were seeing each other every day but each evening, we were spending hours on the phone, talking again about everything! My mother couldn't easily understand but she was ok with it though...

Well, back to this night. After having spent the entire eve talking funny things with my friend Julie, I had a bad feeling, I don't know where it came from, but still, I got pretty upset concerning the birthday party, and I almost regretted not to be there, I told Julie that I had a bad impression. We carried on until late in the night, with this bad feeling around.

Night over, no news from Phil... That was a bit strange. I lived in a house, with a garden and a gate some meters away from the front door, and in the beginning of the afternoon, I went in the garden to wait for "something". I just felt that I had to wait here.

Some minutes after, a bunch of friends came over, I saw all of them at the gate and I didn't understand why they were all here, but it was not good at all.

I opened the gate, they were all livid, tired, and some of them still crying. I understood. Something happened to Phil. And yes... He died this night, in a car accident, after the party, on his way home. No one could get him back home, so he got into a car of a stranger with another friend. He died 100 meters away from his house in a violent death, I will spare the details. The other friend died too, but not the driver... Well, as you can guess, I got totally destroyed and at the beginning, I couldn't even cry, I still don't understand why.

Before the burial, I spent 2 nights at his place, in his bedroom. I must add that he was in the bed. His mother wanted to keep him home before the very end. Once again, I will spare the details of that view during 2 days, you can always contact me if you want to read them... But it's far to be nice.

Few nights after this terrible event and the burial, I remember sleeping in my bedroom. I felt some cold air running around, which woke me up, in the middle of the night. I saw nothing but a halo of light on the right corner down my bed, and few seconds after, I saw my beloved Phil, sitting down, quietly, no smile on his face, but well, he looked quite good. Oh my, I was so amazed by this, I couldn't barely understand, I was not afraid at all, I sat down the bed, and after a very short while, he was still there but lifted up his hand, I ran to him, I sat on the floor to touch him, my head on his knees and my arms around him, believe me or not, I could feel him as I feel the computer right now! It was such an intense moment... I asked him 3 questions, and he answered.

Where are you? Very far away.

Are you alright? Yes

Will you come back? I don't know.

I remember that so well, it was a deep instance of bounding love between us 2, I could feel it. Few seconds after, he disappeared, I don't know how, where, and when exactly. I woke up the next morning, I was crying, sitting down the bed, same place... It was the first time I cried after his Death, the very first time, something like one week later. I never saw him again, he never came back to me after this night. Did he come to say good bye? The last good bye? I would not know... I will never forget, nor him, neither this night. If you have some experiences that are close to mine, please, light my torch, I will be grateful :)

Take care everyone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hexe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
Haii Hexe!
In fact I have not had the same experience, sorry for your loss. And as in your a 'girl' why do you have a girlfriend? As in BFF? Okay whatever. Could you please tell me the whole story ASWELL? I would love to give you some advice on the WHOLE story:)

Regards
WIckedWitch2000
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
I'm afraid my comment is reaching you a little too late but, regardless, I need to say that I'm very sory for your loss and I hope that you're feeling a little better now although the pain of losing someone so close to us can never go away completely.

It's quite evident that the love and bond you both shared had been the moving force behind his visit. Yes, he was far away but the love I have known and felt, can cross oceans of time and space. He was there, no matter how consuming his journey was, to let you know that he's well, to ease your pain, to let you be, once again the last he sees before he "lays down to sleep".

I also think that he has come back again and again to have another look at you but, had he told you that when you asked him, you wouldn't have been able to go on with your life. And I am absolutely sure that those who trully love, know when it is time to let go.

I have felt the pain you've experienced then and never had the time to say goodbye. Consider yourself lucky that you were granted that and let him be a warm and sweet memory in your heart;he deserves to find peace.

My best regards

Tammy.
Hexe (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
OMG444,
First, I am not a dude hehe ;)
Second, what do you mean by whole story? Do you want the details of the terrible accident and the details of the moments I spent with him, dead in his bed? Well, that´s not so nice to hear I guess...
But tks for your comment indeed ;)
omg444 (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
dude! Am so sorry! 😭 ! But can you give me the whole story its a really intresting story! 😊
Hexe (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Morning everyone,
Well yes, it was straight from the heart!
Thanks again for your comments, helpful, kind and honest!
As I found out about that website few weeks ago, I will give my "opinion" on some of your wonderful stories soon!

Take care! :)
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Once again, another story that proves not all ghost are out to get us as some would have you believe. Thank you Hexe for sharing your story with us. It was wonderfully told and very heart felt.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
I am very sorry for your loss.

I to have had visits from loved ones lost. Sometimes only one visit, other times many.

It is possible Phil wanted you to know that although he suffered the crash, he was not suffering any longer and is at peace, which by his conveyance of this, he wishes for your peace as well.

God Bless!
Hexe (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Ohh well, thank you for your interest in my story.
It is truly great that I still remember all the feelings after more than 10 year, don´t you think?
It is true, I do not really try to check the signs out there, but maybe he is still around me... I am not a part from the catholic church, but of course, I have my own prayers. I think of Phil very often, and of course, it happened that I dreamt of him!
I will come with some more stories from time to time as I don´t check the net every day!
Take care everyone! 😉
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Dear Hexe,

My condolences at the loss of your loved one. I can relate as I have had many pass and cross over. Those loved ones who have passed will visit their family and friends as soon as they but think of it. Most will go to those living loved ones or others who are more open and sensitive to them. They have but to think of their living loved ones, and they will be there at their side immediately. They generally will visit everyone they can after they first initially pass, as well as view their funeral. Sometimes, they will just cross over, meet loved ones on the other side, get instructions and return to visit loved ones and attend their funeral. It is based upon each ones belief system and level of awareness.

You are blessed to have had a visitation almost immediately. Just because you have not had another one, does not mean that your loved one has not checked in on you. You can look for him in your dreams, as well as ask him to send you signs. You may ask for something to be the sign that you both have in common or know about between the both of you that would be the perfect sign or signs to use. An easy sign might be asking to have a favorite song play during a day in your life or as you go about your daily life. You could hear the chosen, favorite song on the radio, TV, net, someone might sing it or whistle it, you might see the sheet music and so forth. Well, you get it. There are so many ways to contact spirit and many times they contact us, but we are not being as open, quiet and observant as we could be.

It never hurts to talk out loud to a beloved who has passed, just as if they were alive. They can hear you just fine. Most of all, always send prayers up with your conversation. This helps all tremendously who are on the other side, as well as those caught in the earth bound void or in-between worlds.

We are never alone, and our loved ones are always with us in our memories, heart and even when they have passed and crossed over.

Blessings, Abby
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Wow that was a graet story. It must have been very hard on you. I think he came to you and said his final good bye to you. I think he gave you the impression of life after death. He feels great on the otherside and wanted to let you know that he will allways be your best friend. He will be waiting for you on the otherside. See you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: