You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Cold Nose

Real Ghost Stories

Cold Nose

 

I am a dog lover and I have spent my life with 3 dogs since my birth. The first one was 'Moti' who died after 12 years, the second one and the most loved by me was 'Scooby', both of them were the adopted stray puppies. This story is about Scooby, my naughty son. He used to wake me up in the morning at 5 am daily by rubbing his cold nose over my hand to go out. I don't know why but he always came to me only even though his bed was near to my mom's room.

A day before my birthday Scooby fell ill because of cold and fever as it was winter season and he died that day in the afternoon. A night before his death he woke me up several times and I just scolded him for doing so but he didn't let me sleep. After his death my family became very upset and I was in tears all day long, unable to sleep at night as well.

In the morning at 5 am, I felt his cold nose over my hand and I just uttered the same words yawning, "Scooby, wait I am getting up" and I suddenly realized that Scooby died yesterday only. It was a shock to me but I thought it was because of the habit of getting up at that time but when I discussed it with my mom, she told me her experience of hearing the scratching of our main door at the same time Scooby used to come back in the morning. We didn't pay much attention to that and the same thing happened to me again next morning, the same 'cold nose'. Was I imaging things or it was Scooby who was still with us? I wanted him back but not like this. So, I changed the side of my bed where I used to sleep and nothing happened afterwards. I still can't sleep there.

We have our third dog now, 'Lucky' who resembles Scooby a lot but he is very peaceful. I miss Scooby sometimes but whenever I see Lucky I know Scooby also feels happy as we gave another stray a home.

Other hauntings by AnksCutie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AnksCutie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AnksCutie (3 stories) (7 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
Hi everyone! I did sleep at the same spot, but I can't feel Scooby now. I think he is at peace finally. Thank you for your responses. ❤
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-23)
Aww! Very sweet story... Even I'm a big dog lover and we do also have a female Spitz "Deepa".
I agree with SDS... Sometimes it happens that our loved ones remains with us for a particular reason... May be he was trying to wish you a good bye. Well its upon you. If you want to check then shift your bed at the same place...
BTW very emotional incident...
AnksCutie (3 stories) (7 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-26)
Thank you all for your sweet comments. Scooby don't visit me anymore and now I feel that he is still with me in Lucky.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-26)
Hi, ankscutie... Sorry for your loss. It's very sweet that he is still around you. I know it's strange but he is still loves you. 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-25)
Dear AnksCutie, thank you for sharing this wonderful experience. I go with yadira and lady-glow that you should definitely sleep as usual to check if scooby is still around. I feel that he has come to say either good bye to you because you have scolded him the night prior to his death for not allowing you to sleep or he wanted to make sure that you know that he is still around.

I will tell you this, out of my own experiences, love and affection, be it human or animals, go beyond the realm of life and death. It is a wonderful experience you had. Once again thank you for sharing.

Please post your experiences, if you have any, with scooby after you started sleeping in your original position.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
johnnycashmuse (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
Sounds to me like your SCOOBY still is making himself known to you. I think its because you two were so close and obviously had a special bond, the one all good dog owners know all to well where it still breaks your heart when you think about them so long after the dog has passed on.
SCOOBY was just making sure that you knew he still was around and probably didn't like seeing you so sad.
I bet he is very happy that you have adopted another dog like you did with him and Moti. He wouldn't want you to not help any others or share your life with another dog just because he has passed on.
Rest in peace, Scooby!
JACQUIE.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
Such a sweet story!
I agree with Yadira, you should try to sleep on the usual side of the bed and see if he is still around.

Thanks for sharing this bittersweet story with us. ❤
yadira91 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
I think that Scooby has not yet accepted his death and he may still feel obligated to do his daily routine. Or maybe he wants to tell you that even though his body is. Gone his spirit will always be around. I would move Back to that spot it's good to communicate with Scooby it will keep your insanity and mind at peace.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: