You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Guardian Angel Or The Opposite?

Real Ghost Stories

Guardian Angel Or The Opposite?

 

I am sensitive to ghost in a certain state of mind or event happening in my life, I don't see or feel things on a day to day basis but I do get visited quite often.

This story is from about 7 years ago, but I remember it like it had happened yesterday. I just never really had anywhere to post about it. I was about 7 or 8 at the time, I am now 16.

I live in a pretty normal town, nothing out of the ordinary. When I was younger my mom had multiple eye surgeries because of an event that had caused problems with her eye.

After my mom getting one of her surgeries, she had come home to rest and be with her family. Later in the week one night after dinner, my family had decided to stay downstairs as I decided to go upstairs to my room and play! (If you look out from my door you see a hall that leads to my brother's room and parents' room.)

I had been upstairs alone for a little while, and I felt the urge to go back downstairs to my family. As I started to stand up to leave, I looked out of my door to see a tall black figure in the hallway, moving towards my parents' room. I didn't know what to think or do, for me being so young I yelled for my mom. The moment I yelled, the shadow was gone.

When she had gotten to my room she had found me on my floor purely scared out of my mind. I couldn't even begin to tell her what had happened, I only had gotten a couple words out but she already had an idea of the situation. She knew it must have been her dad (who passed away many years ago) coming to check on her. I wouldn't have known because I had never met my grandpa.

Any ideas as to what it could have been?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HaileySanders, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-27)
Hello HaileySanders, welcome to YGS. You said that your mom knew it must have been her dad. Well, did you discuss with your mother later about this incident and what was her reaction and also that if she had any such experiences on her own? Again, what about others? Please keep us informed.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Letum (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-25)
I'm going to go with your mothers explanation. It seems she's already have had other experiences and believes them to be her father visiting to check on her, maybe for comfort if she was feeling worried for/with her surgeries. To me, it doesn't seem this figure you saw meant you or your family any harm. Though it would most people, of any age see anything like this would be unsettling. Also, since that incident, it seems you haven't had any further experiences negative, or otherwise. Thank you for sharing, and hope your moms doing a lot better now!...Peace, Letum*

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: