You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Boyfriend's House on an Island Off the Coast of Iceland

Real Ghost Stories

My Boyfriend's House on an Island Off the Coast of Iceland

 

This is my 2nd story on this web site and this one has nothing to do with my previous one. This one happens at my boyfriends house, I've been living here since February with nothing seriously paranormal happening until This Saturday.

The first week I was living here I did see an apparition in my boyfriend's brother's room. It was of a boy, about 10 years old with blonde hair. Everyone was at work or school when I saw it. Other than that nothing happened until this weekend.

On the Saturday morning I woke up and there were children laughing loudly, it sounded like it was happening in mine and my boyfriend's room. It went on for about 3 seconds and it was at about 12 pm. I went to Rósa, (My boyfriends mum) and asked her if their were any children in the house. She said that there wasn't.

The 2nd incident happened last night (Sunday 23rd September) I went to take a shower and I had this feeling that I was being watched, I regularly peeked out of the shower curtains to make sure there wasn't nothing there. The feeling didn't go away. After I had taken the shower I was still in the bathroom blow drying my hair, when my hairbrush started rocking backwards and forwards. I aimed the blow drying at the hairbrush and it didn't move until the blow dryer was next to it. There was no draft in the bathroom.

The 2nd incident happened about two hours later (at about 11 pm) I was on my laptop when all of a sudden something fell off the computer desk. It fell off the front of the desk and somehow ended up on the back of the desk. I didn't see or feel it move until I heard it land on the floor. It was just there, it wasn't tipped over or anything. I told my friend at school about it and they said that my boyfriend probably died (He works out at sea as a fisherman) and was cleaning the room for me.

However, someone did die, but it wasn't him. This morning I found out that someone that was very near to me died. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but I found it to be a little coincidental. As far as I know my boyfriends family are the 2nd family to live in this house. However, this little island (I don't live on mainland Iceland, I live on a tiny island off the coast with a small population) has a lot of history.

First of all in the 1600s some Turkish people invaded this island killing or enslaving everyone that lived here. During the viking years there was a lot of 'Revenge killing' So if someone killed or did something bad to someone the family is allowed to make the person suffer for what they did. So I'm sure that there are many unhappy ghosts around here and around mainland Iceland.

I would really appreciate some help with this.

And if you ever want to talk to me about this experience or something my e-mail is matty.doesnt.know [at] gmail.com, I will also read the comments.

Other hauntings by Patch

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Patch, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sonya (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-16)
I'm from Iceland its really nice there though but really cold on winters. There are many ghosts on Iceland nobody should be scared of them because many of them are harmless.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
I never thought of it like that, He did have a granddad that passed recently but they weren't on the close side and he doesn't have any relatives that were over-protected of him, They kind of got disappointed when he went from Christianity to Nordic Religion. Thanks for your help all of you. <3
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
To those on the other side 8 months is the blink of an eye. Could be, not saying it is, but could be a very protective relative of his watching over him and his family. Maybe you could sit down with him and discuss possible relatives who have passed that were watchful of him or overly protective. Thanks again for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
I've been living there for the past 8 months. At first they did appear, but then this weekend they just started being really active. After I posted my response yesterday my friend saw something behind me on my webcam, My webcam tends to freeze a lot, Once it did and there was something behind me. I don't know what it was, but it wasn't from the room or me.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Patch, sorry I didn't get to respond to this sooner, but maybe that is for the better as I now have a response from you to accompany the story. I believe the reason it took place during that weekend was because you were a new more permenant presence within the home and by you being there you disturbed the "natural order of things" that this spirit/s have come to know and trust. They were just letting you know their displeasure with things. I am sure things will settle into place once they have grown use to you being there. If you need further assistance you have but to ask and I am sure you will receive.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
I don't think his parents have or my boyfriend, but his younger brother has, He's heard footsteps in the basement a lot (Creepy place) but I think that's about it. I'm not allowed to talk about ghosts really to his brother because he gets scared and paranoid. My boyfriend is open to this and we did share an interesting experience in the house. I just found it weird that it happened in the space of this weekend.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I found the history of your island very intriguing. Has any of these incidents occured with others in the home? Has your boy friend ever mentioned anything about these occurances?

SOme suggestions may be to place a cross in your bed room and a Bible. Read from the Bible and pray, pray, pray.

Keep us posted.

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Hey, Patch! Your story was very interesting. The history of your island sounds quite violent but your spirit's mischief sounds fairly innocent. You probably shouldn't worry too much unless the ghost/s get overly active or start to really scare you. Maybe you should count yourself lucky you aren't bothered by some of the Turks or Vikings that were so miserable and caused so much suffering! That would be truly awful. ❤
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Dear Patch,

You may wish to ask others in the household if they had similar incidents. Find out the history of the house. Research the history of the area and find out as much true information and history as possible.

It may well be a ghost. Only time will tell, if it is a one time incident of a being just passing through or one that resides at your boyfriend's house permanently. So far, this uninvited guest does seem to be harmless, but annoying.

Please read the stories, comments, articles and other sister sites, as well as investigate, research and find solutions that work out the best for you per your belief system and awareness level.

You can read my comments, as well as others here and decide on your own which things might work for you and even if you believe if this is a ghost or not.

The final call is your call. ;) --Abby
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Hi Patch. I read your other story and this one And I find them quit interesting. I had the same thing happen(the papers) to my step brother when he was living in England. Did the family before you have these kind of paranormal activity happen? It maybe like the house was haunted before you starrted living there. I hope to hear from you8 soon and take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: