You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted House in Minnesota

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House in Minnesota

 

My family (husband, 2 daughters and 1 son) moved to Minnesota. My husband at the time wanted a career move and wanted us to come with him. We purchased a 5 bedroom home for the occasion. My husband moved into the house before we did. He was already in the State of Minnesota and waiting for us to move our belongings to the house from Illinois.

There were three entrances into the house. The front, the side and the back where the deck was located. There was no furniture in the house because the furniture was to arrive when we arrived at the end of the week.

The downstairs housed 2 bedrooms, 1 large family room or den, a full bath, and a laundry room. The upper level housed 3 bedrooms, kitchen which was by the stairs that lead to the lower level, dining room, living room, a full bath. The previous owners had left a bedroom set in one of the downstairs bedroom. My husband decided to sleep in the furnished bedroom. Sometime during the night, he heard the (side door) open, someone walk down the stairs and up to the bedroom door to where he was sleeping. He said the footsteps stopped directly in front of the bedroom door. He waited for someone to turn the knob and walk in. He jumped from the bed and ran to open the door and upon opening the door he found nothing but pitch black darkness. He grabbed the bedding and ran upstairs and laid in the living room. He slept there for a week until we arrived. He did not tell us this episode until months later.

My son would be bothered the most. His bedroom was down in the lower level. Sometimes he would see someone walk from the back of the other bedroom to the stairs. That would scare him. His door knob would turn and no one would enter. He would say "hello who is there" and no answer. Sometimes he would lay down on the couch in the family room area, and someone would push his head down into the couch. He always felt a presence. If he was bothered to much, he would come upstairs to my room and lay across my bed. My children would tell me they would feel safe in my bedroom.

I even wrote to a psychic and was told there were two ghosts and they are fighting for ownership of the house. That gave me a fright. I did not know what to do.

One time me and my husband was late for work because we could not find the car keys. We would car pool together to alleviate parking expenses. We looked over the entire household. What makes it so weird, is that everyday we would hang the keys on this key rack. Everyone in the household that drove cars would place their keys on that rack. This particular morning we could not find our car keys. Finally, when we were tired of looking, my husband went to the refrigerator to get him something to drink and there was our set of keys on the top rack next to the milk and juice. We were outdone. I could not tell my lawyers whom I worked for that a ghost was playing hide and seek with our keys.

If you're in the kitchen, (like washing dishes or cooking) your back would be towards the lower level. It would feel like someone came up from the downstairs and would stand behind you. You can feel the hairs standing up from the back of your neck. Whenever this happened to me, I would just say leave me along or go away and it would.

My next to the oldest daughter would be afraid of her closet in her bedroom, she kept it closed all the time at night. We had some guest over spending some time at our home. They were laying in the bedroom watching tv when they heard a click and the ceiling fan starting running on its own. I never told them about the spirits in our home. They were really scared. When I returned home, they came out of the bedroom and told me of their experience. That is when I decided to tell them some of our ghostly antics.

One night (I never liked sleeping by the door. I always had my husband to sleep by the door in my bedroom. This stemmed from when I was a kid.), I decided to be brave and sleep by the door in my bedroom (which is the upper level) and went into a deep sleep (which is unusual for me) and I was awaken by a tap on my leg. When I felt the touch and turned towards the doorway and saw no one standing over me, I jumped over my husband and slept by the wall with my head partially covered and fell back to sleep.

We had quite a bit of activity in that home. We lived there for 13 years. I finally sold the home during my divorce and I still wonder if the prior owners have some of the same ghostly encounters.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BbyBuffalo (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
- sounds creepy. I used to live in Mn. It is pretty haunted. I just get scared when I feel something next to me. * ugh, hateee that feelingg.
newport3783 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
wow that sent the creeps up my back... Thanks for sharing... You know it may seem strange but for some reason I find it that things happen to boys more than girls... Is it because boys seem to have stronger hearts
Hope to hear more though...
Missamyboo0806 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-25)
I can imagine how scarey that could be. Did it all become mundane after living there so long? 😁
thelmafountain (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-01)
I would like very much to share some more of my experiences. I am glad you guys enjoyed them.

At the time it was happening to me I did no enjoy them!

Look for more... Tee
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Tee, that was a great story, I enjoyed reading it. You sound like you handled things pretty well, with a sense of humor. You probably feel relieved to be in a less active environment and I'm sure your kids are breathing easier without all the unwanted attention! 😊
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Wow...interesting story! Have you ever had any expiriences in your new home?
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
strange sounds like a ghost to me. They don't talk. Interesting story you have there. I enjoyed reading it. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Thank you for sharing. What an interesting story. Sounds like polergeist activity. I would also be curious to know if these occurances are still continuing.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Tee, very interesting story, thank you for sharing it with us. Please do share more when you have the time.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: