You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The Baseball And Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

The Baseball And Mirror

 

This event occurred about 2 years ago. I was at a friend's party and his basement is haunted or at the time so he claimed it to be because, allegedly while the house was being worked on one of the workers had died. Here is how we proved that his house really was haunted. I was with my entire group of friends, we were all a bunch of scaredy cats but we all loved the idea of the paranormal, and I am still a huge fan of the paranormal.

All 5 of us are down there for a few seconds and nothing happens, so we all head back upstairs then I get the idea of we should all go down there but in groups so the first set goes as a group of 2, they hear a loud crash and so we all go down there to see what happened. We find that a mirror had broken on the other side of the basement, when there was absolutely nothing around it and it was laying flat on the floor.

Then the next group goes: Me and two of my other friends make our way down the stairs while the other two stay upstairs two floors above us, one of my friends had brought a baseball with him to try and freak my other friend out. So we get to a few steps before the basement floor and my friend throws the ball far into the room -thunk- the other friend freaks out. Well not seconds later in that same room -thunk- we all got the hell out of there and we go tell our friends what happened, a few moments later we all go downstairs into the basement with the lights on to find the exact same baseball sitting at the bottom of the stairs. It's safe to say nobody went back downstairs for the rest of the night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trilinkinn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trilinkinn (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
All:
I wish I still had that evp cause it was probably borderline class A but I don't remember what happened to it cause this investigation took place about two years ago...

Nectarvore: your comment I find amusing for lack of better word because me and my friend well let's just say he and I don't really see eye to eye when it comes to these types of things (religion) cause well he is a devout christian and well let's just say I chose a darker path...

I will keep everybody posted and try to get back over to his house sometime in the near future to see what else I might be able to dig up cause back then I was still a rookie to this type of thing
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
johnnycashmuse,
If you read the comment right above mine, the o/p has already answered your questions. I had the same questions. You should post your stories.

Trilikinn,
It does help to have the extra details. It makes more sense now as to why you think it's paranormal. Do you still have the evp? It would be good if you could post it here. If you have more stories to post we would love to hear them.
johnnycashmuse (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
Trilinkinn,
Oh Boy, interesting sort of way to check if the basement is haunted. As a young ghost hunter myself, my cousins and my twin sisters used to dare each other to go into this old fishing shack a ways down the road from the house I grew up in, in Louisiana. We too had a few freaky things like you had happen to us too. I should post about it I guess, it would probably get more laughs at us silly kids than anything (we were a bunch of real daredevils back then, I still am!).

Mirror thing would flip me out. Was it on the ground already and then it broke or was it hanging and fell and broke? If it was on the ground i'd think it may be something letting you know it was there. If it was hanging Id be looking more at the nail on the wall or whatever the mirror was hanging from (Wire,Cotton etc) to check if it had broke.

The ball bit, you say it wasn't thrown hard but it made a THUNK? Sounds to me like it hit the wall and rolled/bounced back and bumped into something else (The second thunk) before it came to a rest where you saw it when you went back downstairs. But if it didn't hit the wall either time maybe something was playing with you down there?

I don't know about this one, I just don't get a real strong paranormal feel from it. If there is a ghost at the house its nothing more than an echo I feel.

Jacquie.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-31)
Hey is it possible that you post the EVP? Cool story. It might be nice for one of you guys to have the place blessed, you know? Poor old ghostle lol
Trilinkinn (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-31)
No the mirror was flat on the floor completely flat on the floor and there was nothing around it.

As for the ball say you were looking straight down the stairs right? About halfway down the stairs the right wall becomes an open storage space that is where the ball was thrown and it wasn't thrown very hard

And I actually did capture an EVP of someone screaming besides us but the scream sounded like it was moving like from farther away to closer to us plus this was about the second time I went to his house after the party I stayed downstairs with nothing but a flashlight and my iPod and it was just me I did manage to catch a shadow figure move across the light of the flashlight and it looked like it was the other side of the room proving that I didn't walk across the flashlight

I hope this provides what you need/Wanted
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-31)
Was the mirror leaning against the wall before it broke, or was it already laying flat then broke? If it was leaning against the wall then it's possible that it somehow slid and broke from the impact.

As far as the ball, you say you threw the ball far into the room. It sounds to me like it hit something, wall mabie, then bounced around and ended by the stairs. Balls do bounce. Even hard baseballs do, if thrown hard enough.

Do you have any more details that you could share with us that mabie could explain it a little further as to why you think it might be paranormal?
I'm not trying discredit your story, but sometimes we need to look for other possibilities first. This dosent really sound paranormal to me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: