You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Am I Being Followed Or Paranoid?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Being Followed Or Paranoid?

 

About a year ago my boyfriend and I lived in a trailer with our then 18 month old daughter, I was pregnant with our second. During our stay there we became dark angry people.

It started when we were just moved in, I would hear loud footsteps down the hall and he would convince me it was just the house settling in. I brushed it off, but after a while I couldn't stand to go into my room, my stomach would hurt just walking towards it.

One night while laying in my bed I heard a yell. That's it, just a yell in my face and I sat up instantly. Later we had a friend stay with us. We left to go to the store and our friend stayed at our house waiting for a ride and when we got home he was shaken up, said he had been sleeping and heard a yell in his face. I had never told him about when it had happened to me.

For the next few weeks our oldest daughter would wake up screaming and crying in terror, literally scratching her door to get out. When we would go get her she would cling to us and refuse to go back to sleep.

It settled for a bit the week I was to give birth. My mom watched our oldest the night of my c-section. We had a friend house sit. He came to the hospital the next day, saying he didn't want to house sit anymore, that someone had yelled in his face and was stomping down the halls. My other friend and I hadn't told him about our experiences either.

Then our dog started to lose it, bit me and my oldest daughter over nothing, always barking with hair on end, but regardless I refused to let her go. My boyfriend left for work at 4:00 am and I needed her in bed with me when he left. I wouldn't sleep after he left, I would just sit up with all the lights on, waiting for the babies to get up.

Things continued to progress, the baby would cry all day until she went to sleep at night and my boyfriend and I were always screaming at each other, all day over nothing. Angry for no reason, we just hated each other.

In our living room we had a massive bay window with no curtains on it. I felt safer sleeping in the living room with no curtains where anyone could look in at anytime than I did going to my own room. We had many people tell us our house gave them the creeps.

Since all of this we have left that trailer. Things got better, the kids sleep through the night without crying, my boyfriend and I no longer have explosive fights. But sometimes there is still an eerie feeling that I can't shake, like I'm being watched. Even though my boyfriend now works a 9-5 job I still don't sleep well. I stay awake for hours watching the doorway of my room. I get up when he does so I don't have to be alone. Sometimes I still get twisting feelings in my stomach. Everyone else if fine.

I don't know if I'm still shaken up or if there is something following he or I and it only effects me. All I know is that I just want it to stop.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ncrr94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
Ncrr94 - this is one of those times when I'm not sure whether or not to say I'm sorry 😕 but I am glad things are getting better 😊
Ncrr94 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
Well, my boyfriend and I were driving to his brothers house the other day and passed by our old trailer and it burnt down and completely collapsed. Not sure how to feel about that. Things are getting better as time goes on here though. 😁 ❤
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-05)
I agree with the others that you are likely spooked by your past. Even so, it would probably be best if you just blessed your new residence. Also, keep an eye on your pets. If they bite or scratch humans, they likely will again. So be prepared for the social and legal incriminations.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
I wanted to give you some quick tips that will cut down on supernatural manifestation drastically.

1. Get a bowl of white vinegar and mix it with sea salt. Let it evaporate in the area where the manifestations are occuring.

2. Burn some sage in the area twice a week. You can youtube how.

3. If there is a direct manifestation right in front of you, you can shine an LED light at it and it will diminish. Also passing things made of Iron through manifestations work well to dispel things.

4. Saying psalm 91 or a protective prayer before bed works for many people.

If you have any more questions feel free to email me at supernatural.services [at] gmail.com
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
Ncrr94 - having lived in several trailers, and currently do, I swear there's something about them that just invites paranormal activity. Unfortunately for you and your family, your experience wasn't a very good one 😢

I agree with BadJuuJuu. I think you could be a little gunshy, worried that whatever it was in your old place followed you. Always looking over your shoulder, worried that every little creak or groan is whatever it was there. For your sake, and your family's, a cleansing wouldn't be a bad idea. Even if there is nothing in your new place, the peace of mind would be worth it.

Thank you for sharing your story and the best of luck to you and your family 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
To be honest, it sounds to me like you're still on edge from experiences in the old house. Living through that much anxiety takes a toll, and it may be awhile before you can truly put it behind you.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to cleanse and/or bless the new house in accordance with your beliefs. It may help you feel more comfortable in your space, and like you've truly left the old house behind.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: