You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: A Terrible Night With The Ouija

Real Ghost Stories

A Terrible Night With The Ouija

 

To set the scene, it was early JAN 2012 and I was hanging out with 5 of my military buddies; Kenny, James, Dino, Warren and Milton. I was celebrating the fact I was finally leaving operational duty and getting stationed closer to home.

We had a few beers in my barracks room and Kenny asked if we could use my Ouija board. I knew how to use one, well mostly, and said sure. I brought it out from my closet and set it up on a makeshift table.

I told them in order to use it, you have to take it seriously and DO NOT JOKE. Of course, no one listened and we went on with the board. I started to pray to St. Michael for protection and Milton laughed stating, "I don't believe in God and this thing won't work". A very large mistake on his part.

Me: Is there anyone here with us tonight?

Spirit: Yes

Me: Is it just you?

Spirit: Yes

Me: Are you a good or evil spirit?

Spirit: No

Me: (with a more stern and serious tone) Spirit, are you good or evil?

Spirit: It responded "good" with no hesitation (I started to get an uneasy feeling, but I went with it.)

Me: What is your name?

Spirit: It spelt MILTON.

At this point, everyone thought my friend Milton was joking around but he had the look of intrigue on his face. He then asked if he could communicate with the spirit and I obliged.

M: Are you related to me?

Spirit: Yes

M: Are you my grandfather?

Spirit: Yes

M: Why are you here?

The planchette began to move rapidly in a circle on the board and immediate stopped in front of Milton. My friends were scared at this point and I had a feeling of nausea and dread come over me. I knew it was an evil spirit and immediately took over the board.

Me: Goodbye spirit, we no longer wish to talk to you.

Spirit: Immediately moved to no.

Me: Leave spirit!

Spirit: Goodbye.

The sense of nausea and dread lifted from the room and everyone seemed fine. We then decided to contact another spirit and see where it would take us. I was about to start when Milton decided to ask the questions.

Milton: Is anyone here with us?

Spirit: Moved to yes and said H-E-L-L-O.

Milton: What is your name?

Spirit: L-O-C, then it moved to the center of the board and stopped pointing at Milton.

Milton: Are you an evil spirit?

Spirit: Yes, and it started to spell its name again over and over.

Milton: Who are you?!?!

Spirit: L-O-C repeated over and over.

Milton: Goodbye spirit.

Spirit: No

Milton then jumped up from his seat and yelled, "Holy S*&t!". He ran out of my barracks room and we chased after him. He said he felt someone touch him and it felt like a red hot poker. We checked him out and he didn't have any marks or burns, etc... We put the board away and had a drink or two. We calmed down and started to relax but Milton started to act different. He had no emotion on his face and his eyes were blank. He then tried to get the Ouija board and I stopped him. This is where everything went bad.

Milton forced me to the wall and in that moment, he looked as he just killed a man. I was terrified because I knew that it wasn't Milton doing this. Out of an unknown thought, I grabbed my cross from around my neck and placed it on his head. I began to pray to the four archangels and Milton's body went limp. He hit the ground and didn't even as much as whimper. After several seconds, he woke up screaming and crying asking if we drugged him. At this point, my buddies were scared out of their minds and couldn't explain what happened. After we got Milton to calm down, we told him what happened and he was at a loss of words. After that happened, I felt physically and mentally drained. I was, in terms, dead tired for about 3 days after that happened.

From what I know, nothing has happened to Milton since then and he is a firm believer in God. After talking this over with my pastor and one of my close friends who has had similar experiences, they believe the shadow being that has been following may have influenced Milton. What are all your thoughts on this?

Other hauntings by Charles_Edward

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charles_Edward, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Slenderman (33 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
The Rosary is the strongest weapon of all.

Keep it real,

Slenderman
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-06)
I KNEW the comments to this story were going to be as good or better than the story! You know what's sad is problems arise when we don't take persons seriously, because all of them are living, right? We all want people to include us, and we all forget to sometimes and get in trouble. Good story, and learned a lot.
Evan_Divine (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-06)
[at] Rook

My bad. I somehow got mediumship and channeling mixed with each other. I understand exactly what you mean.

Welp, it was a misunderstanding on my part.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-05)
Evan,

Being a medium BASICALLY means 'one who can speak with spirits' If Christians could not then how do you explain Prophets, Divine Inspiration and Praying to the Saints ASKING for their intersession (sp)?

Yes Christian religions call them by other names but it is still 'spirit communication' You 'speak' with Heavenly Father and His Son do you not? You also receive answers from them...ergo...by the strictest definition you (and myself) are mediums.

Lets not drift to far into religious debate here... If you want to continue, simply reply on one of my experiences.

Respectfully,

Rook
Evan_Divine (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-05)
[at] rook

I find a Christian even being a medium a curiosity. But that's just me.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-06-05)
"Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right" - Ani Difranco

I have never personally experienced anything awful with Ouija boards even thought I have experienced some *creepy* things with Ouija boards. I even wrote down a story in my teen years that a "ghost" told us. Did I save it? Nah. Wasn't something that made much of an impression on me.

Meditation, however, did prove somewhat dangerous. I used to go into self-induced trances, and by the time I was 14, I opened myself up to things I didn't even remotely understand (if they even exist).

All I can say is that I'm very glad is that the OP and friends survived these circumstances and I hope they learn whatever they can.

I don't really see a reason to fear the dead. They are dead. Unless they had some terrible agenda whilst alive, why would they harm the living? If the dead can affect us, they'd probably do what they can for an actual reason.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-03)
Rook - I personally know a couple of women, both of whom profess to be Christians and Mediums, and they use a Ouija board... Only they call it an Angel Board and it does have different graphics on it than a Ouija board. Does this make a difference? Maybe, maybe not 😉

Anyway, there is a point to my rambling. Maybe there is no difference in Christian Mediums using a board than there is Christians using a board, or Mediums for that matter. Maybe it is just intent 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-03)
Nectavore,

It's not the being Christian and believing in or being a medium is hard to believe... Heck I am a Christian and I believe Spirits/Angels/Christ can talk to and through us, else wise there would be no Prophet (s) in the World.

Its just that I find a Christian Medium using a Oujia Board a curiosity.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-03)
Moravian... That's funny... If I had a dollar for every story I heard where some soul goes yelping back to Mother Mary's bosom when they managed to get the attention of a real bogeyman... Lol... Curious Wiccans are just as bad. Curiosity yells louder than righteousness in my experience...
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-03)
I agree with Miracles... Not all Christians are susceptible to dogma. One of my best friends is a medium. And a Christian. Just what I call Spirit, or channelling, she calls Christ and being guided. Horses for courses.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
Charles,

Thanks for sharing.

As far as the shadow man is concerned I do not feel something from your past effected what happened in the barracks room that night (see the O/P's other experiences for more details).

I think that something mischievous got through... You all had been drinking... Your regular 'protective opening' was interrupted the first time and from your description not preformed the second. This coupled with the 'spirits' answers to your questions all points to some'one' or some'thing' messing with you. Had this 'thing been truly evil I think it would have tried harder to gain your trust... But this is just my opinion.

As far as Milton being possessed... He must have really opened himself for it to happen so easily... Or perhaps he is a medium... But does not know it. It's good he found Religion, a belief in Christ can help keep his mind 'closed' to the spirit world. You may, if you still talk with him, ask if has had other 'experiences'...either before or sense this one.

I to am curious... The Arch Angels and a Oujia Board... Not a very common combination...what's up with that?

Respectfully,

Rook
Mossy_Oak_Queen90 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
I honestly don't know how you could have even been around one... Yet have one. I had a terrifying experience with one when I was in 5th grade and that was 11 or so years ago, and that was enough for me to never want to be in the same room as one. I'm glad everyone is ok though.
Ronnie (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
Ouija boards are really unstable... Using them never ends well...! So you were really lucky!
Grace2020 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
Ok ouija boards can be good and bad. They can be used to communicate with someone you lost or they can be taken over by demonic entities. For instance there is something that happened to0 me and my friends (check out my page)
It did not end well. Once you encounter a ouija board and a demonic entity will not leave get the hell out of there. Your friend could have angered a entity causing it to be angry towards him and the rest of you.

Watch out for ouija boards.
Thanks
Grace:*
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
Hello Charles, this is one of the reasons why I have been constantly telling people not to use the Ouija Board. Many people learn it the hard way. This is a gateway for the spirits to enter our realm and we do not know what is in store on the other side until we experience like you, Milton and your friends did. But I would like to ask the same question as Letum. Why you carry the Board with you? Now, what has happened to the Board? Did any of your friends have any further experiences in this regard. And as far as the narrative goes, the Board was not properly closed. So, I am just curious if you have closed the session later? As far as the shadow person is concerned, I would like to ask except in the last paragraph, you did not mention anything about the shadow person pursuing any of you. You said you discussed with your close friend and a pastor. But that did not give me any clues. Did you see the shadow person that followed Milton or any of you and if so, when it started before or after the session in the Ouija Board.

Please clarify.

Once again my sincere advise is that please do not have any session with Ouija Board. I know you won't and I am consciously not using the word "play" because Ouija Board is not a toy.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
I am sure that you won't ever touch that board again! My question is was this "shadow" person before or after the session?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
moravian - not all "Christians" follow the same beliefs. They are as varied in their beliefs as...well, socks have colors I guess. I'm guessing Charles_Edward didn't feel what he was doing was wrong.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
I have to ask; why would you bother God's angels with calls for protection for a situation you knowingly put yourself in? Think about it. If you are a Christian, you should know better than to try and communicate with the dead.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
Hi Charles_Edward nice story... I am glad that milton was not so harmed by spirit. Why people want to play with Ouija board as they know it's not good. Please don't try it again.
Letum (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
Hello Charles. Good read thanks. I'm curious. Why did you have a OB with you there? Is it safe to assume that up until that experience nothing negative has happened to you or anyone you've used the board with? I'm asking because to me, its very unusual for anyone to have something like that with them especially in the barracks. Its obvious your have an interest in the paranormal, which is fine in itself. Its unfortunate your friend Milton had to experience something so soul shaking. He most likely will Never forget it, things like these will always be with you. I'm glad for your friends sake he has found his faith. Also, maybe I missed the section where the *shadow* was mentioned, sorry if I had. Was this shadow following you or your friend prior to playing with the OB?...Whats become of the board since then? Have you looked into the name of this entity that made contact with you and your friends? I'm interested to know more, please post if there is more to know of this incident, it would be appreciated! Thanks again...Letum*

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: