You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Guardian Ghost 2

Real Ghost Stories

My Guardian Ghost 2

 

On one summers night a couple of months ago, I was feeling particularly emotionally exhausted. I was feeling extremely down and depressed. I didn't know what to do or where to turn. I decided to go for a walk, hoping the fresh air would clear my mind. It helped a little.

There are two parks near where I live. I walked to the one that was closest. I realize that going to a park at nighttime is not the most sensible idea in the world, but I've been there before and it's usually deserted. There are many houses nearby so on the off chance I do see some people lurking about, it's because they're heading to or from their house. The park is situated right next to a school on its left and the houses are on its right. In between the park and the houses is a huge field with a path going around it so, for someone coming from that row of houses to end up in the park, let's just say they would have had to go out of their way.

Anyway there I was sitting on the swings, minding my own business and gazing up at the stars, just trying to mull things over in my head. I'm not sure how long I was sat there for. It was mostly quite except for a stray fox and the distant sound of passing cars. Then suddenly, on the opposite end of the park, I heard the gate open. I looked up to see a tall, shadowy, hooded figure marching straight toward me at a rapid pace. "Uh, oh" I thought. This had never happened to me before.

I immediately bolted up and hastily made my way to the park's entrance. I dared to look behind me and saw that he was much closer. Now terrified, I opened the gate and ran for it. I ran as fast as my legs would take me. I had to run all the way to the main road because all the other houses were too far away to hear me if I screamed! I did make it to the main road or, well, close enough. When I got there I turned to look behind me. There was nothing for a few seconds and then he appeared, though thankfully at a far enough distance. He stopped, turned to look at me and then just simply walked away at a casual pace. I didn't see his face, but I did see that he was wearing a gray hoodie. At that point I was convinced I was safe when as I was walking along the path a black van pulled up and a group of young men, all dressed in black climbed out. They all looked my way and grinned devilishly. This was all the motivation I needed to hurry home and fast!

Needless to say I never went back to that park (and I don't plan to). I don't know for sure what would have happened to me had I stayed, but I do have a terrifying suspicion.

Only later though did it occur to me that had the tall shadowy hooded figure not appeared, who knows how much longer I would have sat there in that park? Had those men then found me there would have been no escaping them, of that I am certain!

More and more I began to think about that strange figure that stalked towards me menacingly yet did not give chase even though I was clearly the only reason he was in the park. If he had given chase I would most certainly have not escaped. There was something ominous about the hooded figure but just not in the way I would have thought. It was like when I had seen the shadow man. He reminded me of that night. I've had lots of incidents where I've been given signs that I wasn't alone.

Here are a couple of instances: One cold February morning I woke up to see a beautiful and brilliant red flower that seemed to glow on a tree amongst dead brown leaves and nothing else. At first I thought it was a bird like a cardinal when I saw it move in the wind but when I looked closer I saw that it was a flower that looked like a mix between a rose and a poppy. I looked away for a second and when I looked back it was gone!

Another time I was letting my dog out and it had just started to rain and I looked down on the wet pavement in front of me and saw a beautiful clear white feather with only just a few tiny drops of rain on it, meaning it had fallen to the ground mere seconds before I had opened the door.

I read up some more about how to make contact with your guardian angel. I read that you should sit outside with your back pressed against a tree, close your eyes and picture yourself in a sacred place. I did all this; the rich autumn breeze helped me to zone out. I half expected to see an indistinguishable and featureless figure in my mind; I saw nothing in my mind. I did, however, hear someone close by approaching, the fallen leaves crunching under their feet. When I opened my eyes, however, I saw that nobody was there and the sound had ceased.

I tried to dismiss this as a stray animal or perhaps someone gardening nearby even though I couldn't see anyone in the adjoining gardens. I tried this process three times with the same result; every time I would close my eyes and imagine myself in this sacred place I would hear footsteps getting closer and closer yet when I opened my eyes the sound would stop and I would be alone!

These are, of course, just a few instances of strange things that have happened to me recently that incidentally may not mean anything but somehow I don't think so.

The other night I must have been suffering from sleep apnea or something like that because I found that in my dream I was suddenly unable to breathe! A figure, whose face I couldn't quite make out, reached out their hands to me and pressed their cold fingertips to my neck. I heard a voice say that they could feel nothing and then the voice said I could breathe if I wanted to even though I felt that I legitimately couldn't breathe. This person moved their face towards mine (yes even though I was face to face with this person I still couldn't make out any features). At that moment I woke up and had to inhale a big gulp of air. I could still feel those cold fingertips on my neck.

About four nights ago I was suffering from extreme back pain. Prior to this I had been suffering from this back pain for at least a week and on top of that I'd had trouble keeping anything down. In fact, my parents were concerned that I was suffering another kidney infection. Nothing I did seemed to help in any way. As I was tossing and turning in bed, I silently begged my angel to take the pain away. I didn't think that would work but I was at my wits end. Shortly after I prayed for this, however, a warm feeling crept up my spine (not ridding me of it but numbing me so I couldn't feel it). This numbness crept down my arms and legs until I was warm all over. I was overwhelmed to say the least that something so fantastic would happen and so quickly that I was more certain than ever that my guardian angel existed. I told my angel that I loved them and then I could feel the intensity rise up into my jawline and around my lips. Since at that point I just wanted sleep I asked as kindly as I could for my angel not to kiss me. I felt a slight tingling in my lips but not the pressure I had felt before so I feel like my angel understood. I was able to finally drift off.

Anyway to finally get to the point, I was browsing through the website and came across this picture that stunned me to my core (the artist has not given me permission to use it). It was a picture of the hooded figure down to the last detail, even the way he walked! I realize that most tall hooded figure tend to not look dissimilar but there was something so uncanny about this picture that I couldn't make myself dismiss it. I saw this picture long after the incident (and at that point I hadn't even told anyone about the incident).

Other hauntings by Prosperina

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Prosperina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-07)
Fascinating story! I am glad you got out of that park in time.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: