You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Angel Of My Bulldog

Real Ghost Stories

The Angel Of My Bulldog

 

Back in 2009, my 12 year old English Bulldog had passed away. I had just gotten out of school for the summer and of course we were all devastated! Her and I grew up together and I was only a year older than her. She had such an amazing and funny personality that she was very hard to forget. She had a collar that was purple with paw prints and we lost it about a month or two before she passed. I know she didn't mind though, that wasn't her favorite collar and my mom always thought she hid it. We also have a towel closet outside of my room and she would always lean against it and the closet would make a certain noise. She would sit against that closet at night and she wouldn't go to bed until I fell asleep. I feel like she did it to protect me and keep me safe until I fell asleep. I heard that certain noise for a few weeks after she passed.

About a day or two after she passed, my mom and I were watching tv. My mom had left to do something and I was just focused on the tv. When my mom came back she picked up a collar and said "Where did you find this?" I looked at her confused. I told her I didn't move it and that I didn't even know where that came from. It was in the middle of the floor! The same collar that we had lost.

A free a week or two after she passed, I had a dream of me crying in the back yard by my her grave. She flew down from the sky and licked my face then flew back up. The common noises of the towel closet stopped. Every now and then I will hear that same towel closet noise and it's always when someone in my house is having a hard time.

Other hauntings by EllBell1415

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EllBell1415, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-13)
And I'm sorry for your loss, I would be sad if my pet died too. 😢

-ERizzy
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-13)
Aww what a sweet dog he was trying to comfort you when you were having a bad time 😊 It seems like you were very close to him/her.

-ERizzy
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-13)
Hi EllBell1415, thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience. I go with BJJ. Human and animal bondage, love continue even after death. It is definitely sure that the dog came back, in your dreams, to comfort you when you were crying.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
EllBell1415 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-11)
I'm so sorry for all of those who have lost an animal dear to them. I'm very glad that my story put a smile on some peoples' faces! God bless you all!
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-10)
Yes, our pets are with us for a reason. Neat story, a guardian dog, kind of a cool concept.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-10)
Hi EllBell1415, thanks for sharing your experience. I'm so sorry for your lost. I do believe your dog is still around. It brought back so many memories about my own. I do believe there is a special place for animals, and I do believe they have souls. I had one hell of an experience with one of my dogs who died. His name was Neelsie. God showed me exactly where Neelsie was and he came to say his last goodbye. Like BadJuuJuu said, the bond of love between human and animal is unbreakable. Take care. Trix. ❤
Lou85 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-09)
I recently lost my beautiful cat, Merlin who was taken too soon. Both my husband and I have seen him around the house. We don't see him all the time, but he comes by sometimes to say 'hello'. The night he passed away, my husband saw his fluffy tail down the hallway. One the weekend, I was cleaning my car and I saw him walking towards me down the side of my car. We miss him terribly and sometimes I think it's my mind playing tricks on me, then people tell me that Merlin comes by to tell us he loves us and that he knows we did everything we could to save him.
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-09)
Losing a pet is one of the hardest things to go through. I had a 13 year old Border Collie pass away in 2005. I had a really vivid dream a few months later that I was at an empty amusement park and she was there running around all happy. That dream sticks with me to this day. My dog is 4 now and I seriously lose sleep over thinking he's getting older and has less time left with me! I believe if there's a heaven, our pets will be there too... Or else for me it isn't heaven and it won't matter anyways.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-09)
oh my goodness, I loved this story. I'm a huge animal lover and truly believe they have souls just like us. I think she really did come to console you and let you know she's back to the Good place and will be watching you. ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2014-06-08)
I believe that the love between human and animal is an unbreakable bond, and that love continues on even after death. It seems like it's just a dog's nature to give comfort and joy to their people, and that they will go to any lengths to do so.
This is an incredibly sweet and touching experience, thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: