You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Prayer

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Prayer

 

Let me give you a little background before I start my story. I'm the youngest of three siblings with two older sisters. The older of the two (Anne) and I still live with our parents and the younger (Beth) is in college in another state.

This happened the night before my medical college entrance exam. I studied until 10 and went to my sister's (Anne's) to tell her about my exam schedule for the next day. After that, we said goodnight and the moment I went out from her door, I heard my other sister (Beth) saying something. I couldn't make out what she was saying but I know it was Beth's voice. I went back into Anne's room and asked if she was talking to me but she said she didn't, so I went to my room and slept peacefully.

The next morning, my sister (Beth) called me like she always did before my exam and I asked her if she was praying for me the previous night and she said she did. I don't why I assumed she was praying, I guess it was due to the low tone of her voice.

That night, I studied until ten again and went to bed. After around 15 minutes or so, I clearly heard my sister's (Beth's) voice again. I could make out few works like "good health" and "faith". I was totally baffled at that point that I decided to call her. She didn't pick up her phone and called me back few minutes later. I picked up and she told she was praying while I was calling her. I asked her if she said things like "good health" and "faith" and she said she did. I told her to be truthful and she even told me the exact lines she said in her prayer. I was suddenly overwhelmed with emotions and I started crying.

I'm neither a religious nor a spiritual person, but that experience was too strange not to share. I still don't know why I was crying so much that night. I would like to know if anyone has faced the same incident. Any explanations will be welcomed, I need some enlightenment here.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AndyC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Crying may also be due to the fact that you, without being overly religious, connected with something holy and it touched your heart.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-13)
Dear AndyC, a neat explanation indeed. If we are close enough to someone and true, then at times, I don't think that distance is not the factor and many experienced such incidents like you did. I feel you and your sister are quite close and that you were able to hear her prayers. I forgot to welcome you. Welcome to YGS.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
I've experienced similar with very close friends. I don't know how it happens but sometimes we just hear what our loved ones are thinking and/or saying. I've had some personal experiences in this area, and I think it's perfectly normal, even for non-psychic individuals. When you're super-close to someone, you just kind of wind up on the same "wavelength", imo. You may also be interested in posting this to YGS's psychic and medium experiences sister site. Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/ They might be able to help you even more. Thank you for sharing your story! 😊
Anushkasabre (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-11)
It was the dedication of her prayer due to which it was heard by you. I cannot believe you studied only until ten. By the way which state
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-10)
This was a really interest and neat story. I could understand why you cried. Such an extraordinary experience! You guys must be very close ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-09)
AndyC - love. Sometimes there is a bond so strong that it allows people, whether we are siblings, parent/child, lovers, friends, to "hear" the other even though she, in your case, is in another state.

It just sounds like your sister loves you very much to pray for you over your exams. I think that's pretty cool 😊

Of course, this is just my opinion 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: