You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Red Eyes And The Guardian

Real Ghost Stories

Red Eyes And The Guardian

 

My multiple experiences... Part 1

Hello everyone. I will start by letting you know that I am a big fan of the paranormal. I often go to reputed haunted places to see if I can find anything for myself. I have several stories to share, and I am happy that I have found this website to share it on.

So I will begin with one particular experience that took place in a trailer I was renting in St. Mary's County, MD, off of route 236 (Amish country).

I have always known that the woods in Mechanicsville have been haunted, either by feeling or seeing strange things or hearing the stories from my mother's friends. The trailer I was renting was backed up against a very large wooded area, neighboring several Amish farms. On one particular night, I awoke at exactly 2:33 am with a strange feeling that I was being watched. I noticed what appeared to be a shadow in my window, so thinking that maybe a friend of mine was outside of my window trying to wake me, I looked out of my window. No one was there, or so I thought. As I peered into the darkness, I saw a pair of red eyes staring in my direction from the wood line, pacing back and forth as if it would not leave the woods. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things, and sure enough, it was still there. I got up and grabbed a flashlight to check what was out there, against my better judgement.

Before I made it to my front door, there was a loud banging all the way down the side of my trailer, as if someone were running down the side of my trailer banging on it with their hands. I chose not to go outside after this took place, as fear gripped me.

These events happened every single night, and no one believed me. I had a female friend that stated she wouldn't believe it until she has seen it for herself, so I invited her over to see what happens. I warned her ahead of time that at exactly 2:33am, the events would unfold.

We stayed up talking about my other experiences, and as we did I looked at the clock several times waiting for the time. At the proper time, I told her to look out my window and see if she could see it. Sure enough, she immediately gasped as she saw the red eyes pacing back and forth as I had stated.

About 10 minutes later, after she decided it was time to leave (she was terribly frightened), the banging happened. She decided to stay until it was morning, for fear of what might be out there. I have not heard from her since, she would not return my phone calls and refused to come over to my place even when I had some of our mutual friends coming over.

I continued to see these eyes for months, and eventually got used to the noise so much that I could sleep through it. This only angered whatever that being was, as the being became more annoying. It started to bang on my doors, walls and windows, at times all at the same time. I became so frustrated that I confronted the eyes in the woods; however, while doing so a voice in my head told me to run inside repeatedly. I did as the voice said, and no sooner had I closed the door and locked it, it started to violently shake and the doorknob was being twisted.

A friend of mine, his mom was into dark arts (Wicca, witchcraft, etc), she said she would summon a guardian spirit for me to protect from the being in the woods. I didn't really believe it, but she told me that the guardian would make itself known by knocking gently on my window and that I would see his shadow outside my window.

As I said, I didn't believe her, until it actually happened. As was said, it happened 2 nights after she told me that, a light knocking on my window followed by a very large shadow that nearly blocked out the moonlight. The eyes remained, but further back in the woods, and the knocking stopped on the trailer.

I have since learned that the guardian is a bit of a trickster, he likes to play jokes on me! Turning on my TV, moving things around and whispering things I can't make out to rouse me from my sleep. I do not feel threatened at all by this guardian, and have since named him Kinto. He is still with me to this day, and whenever I go anywhere at night, my shadow is bigger than it should be and does not follow the light. In fact, I have 2 shadows. I love to freak out my friends when they see the two shadows!

Sorry this is so long, but I think this is a good story to share. I will post other experiences soon.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, redthunder_80, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-30)
Amazing ❤ I just love the story... But did you ever try to find out what the red eyes meant? I mean I would like to know you wish to find out. 😊 A very interesting story...!
Haunting_Marie13 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-30)
You should defiantly post more! I'd love to hear about your guardian. Also I was wondering if you saw those red eyes any where else? 😁
IzzyC (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
I wonder if the peculiarity with trailers is because they aren't attached to the ground. It just seems like that would give the building a non-permanence that would allow anything roaming around the area to simply pass through, almost the same as when you're camping out in a tent with no actual walls to protect you. Just an idea.
redthunder_80 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-15)
I was not told what kind of entity or being it is, and it does seem to listen to me. He doesn't stay around 100% of the time, with the exception of my shadow being changed. I call on him whenever I feel only what I can describe as a dark energy or feeling around me. I wish there was a way to ask her, but her son and I lost contact years ago when he moved to another state not long after his mom did this. I wish I did have video of the eyes or my guardian. I will be trying to go back to the woods this summer to try and capture the red eyes. I do have some videos on youtube from a house I lived in, it is in oxon hill MD. The husband died there, and about 20 years later, the wife died there a few months before I moved in. The videos are sideways, which makes it hard to see what's going on. I will post that story soon as well, when we are allowed to post again.
basilisk193 (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-14)
Damn, a really cool story! I really wish to see some one with an extra shadow.
About the guardian spirit, I'm a bit curious. Did your friend's mom give you some instruction on dealing with it? Like possible mischief, how to control it or any need to to 'feed" it in certain way? It seems the guardian is an intelligent natural spirit contracted to protect you and but why it submits to that is an interesting question. Anyone with knowledge of Wicca can answer me?
The_Dark_Knight (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-14)
Hi there thunder very interesting and frightening story. I think you were very brave to still stay there for months with all that going on each night. I have a few questions pertaining the guardian, did your friends mom say what kind of entity/being this is? Have you ever tried to communicate with it? Lastly, have you ever captured the guardian or red eyed thing on camera or video? Thanks
redthunder_80 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
The nickname given ro me by sensei Leonard Dorsey, is Kinjo (the characther from american ninja), so being that kinto is a part of my shadow I used a name close to mine. The amish farm houses were almost always at the front of the property, with the woodline being at the back. I am not sure if they would have ever seen it, but I also never asked. I have heard stories from some of my friends grandparents about the woods in great mills being haunted by a creature with red eyes that is shaped like a large dog or wolf, but I have never gone to investigate those claims. Not really sure if I want to for that matter, because, honestly if it is a large predator I don't like my odds against it! Lol
Thanks for the feedback everyone!
randomassociate (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
What a great story and as incredulous as it may sound to some, I also believe that you experienced what you did. I really enjoyed reading this!:)
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
Like Miracles, I'd like to point out that Wicca is not "black magic". I wouldn't even write that it's "not usually", because Wicca is absolutely 100% NOT black magic. (Also, btw, my generation of Wiccans liked to write it as "magick". 😊 I find it funny that someone else here spelled it so differently, but I won't say that's incorrect. I think the spelling is a cultural/generational thing.)

I also find it amusing that you named your guardian Kinto. In Japanese, that can mean something like somersault. Depends on the characters, of course. Are you an anime fan? I'm guessing so. Anime tend to paint Wicca with a "dark magic" brush.

It would be really cool to see your double shadows, assuming they are not a product of regular lighting.

This may seem odd, but I believe your story; I'm merely skeptical of your interpretation.
iveaquarius (9 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
Lucky you that have a guardian, how can I summon my own guardian (good one). I was wondering if you ever asked the amish neighbors about this creature? Or if they had any stories or they new the name of what is in those woods. Maybe is also an guardian just protecting the woods?
redthunder_80 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
I definitely agree that the intent behing the spell will determine whether it is dark or light. My nephew lived with my brother and myself there for a while, he has repressed his memories of some of the things that have happened there. We used to hear subtle noises coming from his room, but nothing like what happened to me while living there alone! Thank you all for your feedback. I should be posting my experiences from crybaby bridge today.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
I would love to know what was banging on the walls, but sometimes a story comes along that just spits on logic. Yours is like that, but not in a bad way. This just doesn't seem to fit neatly into any category, and the genuinely perplexing nature of it makes it so much more believable.
I've always wondered if it's something about the shape of trailers that just invites paranormal activity. They are built basically like one long hallway or corridor, a passageway. Sometimes I think entities are just drawn to passageways.
Also, I agree with my fellow posters. As this lady used her knowledge to provide you with a guardian, it doesn't sound dark.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
I moved into my current trailer about a year and three months ago. I've only had two encounters with a shadow in this trailer and nothing more. In my last trailer I lived in we had several things happened. Trailers do have something strange to them.

Your experiences sound terrifying. I'm not so sure that even I could get comfertable enough to sleep through something like that.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-11)
redthunder - creepy! I swear there must be something about mobile homes that attract these things. Personally, I've never lived in one, but everyone I've ever known too, has odd encounters or so it seems.
Majik (not magic like a rabbit getting pulled out of a hat), spells, etc. Are neither bad nor good, black or white. It depends on how it's used. That's what I believe at any rate. The 'power' for lack of a better term, remains the same, it's the intent that differs.
At any rate, thanks for sharing this. I hope we hear more!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2014-06-11)
redthunder_80 - there are stories like yours that are so completely unbelievable that even as I'm reading it there's not a doubt in my mind that you experienced exactly what you said you did.

I've lived in so many trailers throughout my lifetime and experienced banging on the exterior walls, knocking on my doors, etc. I can't say that I've ever seen red eyes before but I have seen 1 red beam of light, similar to a pen light, when there was no one outside to have cast it.

People have differing opinions on Wicca, witchcraft, etc being "dark arts" and I am one of them. Not going to hold that against you or your story. My opinion is, unless your friend's mom practices black magic, I don't consider it "dark" arts. And since she provided you with a guardian, I wouldn't consider this "dark" or black magic. Anyway, that's just my opinion LOL

There's good and bad in everything 😊 Thanks for sharing your experience with us and best of luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: