You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Do Children See What We Don't?

Real Ghost Stories

Do Children See What We Don't?

 

Hi I'm whitney dampier. I'm 14 years old and this true story happened when I was 3-4 years old. I don't know how can I remember all of this. I actually only remember very little but I do know what happened. I was at my grandma's house, sitting in her living room alone. And I was just playing with a buzz light year toy. I looked up and saw a black figure. It wasn't blurry or disappeared fast, it just looked at me and walked threw a wall. It was pure solid black and had the shape of a cowboy hat and boots. I screamed and my mom and grandma ran in there and asked me what was wrong. They say I said "man walked threw wall". I asked my grandpa about this house when I was 13 years old. He said it was a civil war battle field when the war was going on. They built their house on that land. His grandma lilly saw a black boy get hung in the trees. And my grandpa said he saw a little civil war girl at the end of his bed. He looked closer she disappeared. So the ghost I and my family had seen must have been civil war people.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

ghostlysmile (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
Definetly children can see what we can't but, in your case your family members to saw those ghosts

Ghostlysmile
Dontbeafraid (13 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
Hello, kids do actaully see djins. Because there are this type of djin that play around with kids, usauly they grow out of it. It should be dangerouse if the kid grows attached to the djin it would get really bad.
Phantom380 (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-17)
An old family friend of mine, Dorothy shares a beachhouse with my family that she lives in full time. It is very haunted. Dorothy told me:

"The reason why children are more connected to the spiritual world because it wasn't long ago that they were part of it. I believe that before God determines whether we go to Heaven or Hell, we stay down on earth. Before babies are born, they are in heaven and on their descent to earth they come in contact with spirits".

That may seem pretty far-fetched but then again, we are talking about the spiritual world which doesn't seem to make much sense at all.
Larka (4 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
I firmly agree with the theory that children are closer to the spiritual world, but would like to add something. I don't believe that this link must be severed. I am in my early teens and often see 'hallucinations', as does my friend who is nearing eleven.
😆 Larka
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
I may be posting something that someone else has, and for that I apologize. I am a bit late in getting to this story.
It is MY theory that the reason that children SEEM to be able to see things that others do not at an older age is simply for the fact that they are "closer" to the spiritual world in terms of human life years. For instance, an eleven year old is only removed from the spirit world by twelve years, and can perhaps remember things more clearly.
Also, children are innocent of all the things adults seem to think are "true". Children tend to take things at face value and do not over analyze or ir-rationalize things. Simply because they do not THINK to do so.
Thank you.
puppy_posses_me96 (14 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
no it relly isn't to awnser your question... I am also 11 I have been involved with the paranormal since I was 3...at least that was when I realized I go to l.c.p.a middle school and "it" follwed mE to the school and every one I meet gets in danger...(im kind of sure its not me) 😆 hehe...
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Dear GhostLuverrr90,

I don't think seeing is confined to any age. Apparently your age was not seen and missed in regards to your comment and past authoring of stories?

Just a reminder:

This site is not for kids! Considering the nature of this site, some content may be troubling to very young minds, we therefore do not recommend it to anyone 13 and under. Please find a more appropriate web site. Immature and unintelligible comments will be deleted.

--Abby
GhostLuverrr90 (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-03)
Uhm hi, I am 11 and I feel things and hear things other people dont... Is it normal? 😨
GhostHunter777 (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-07)
oh God the shadows are evil?
A couple days ago I was home alone and I heard footsteps in the kitchen for a couple minutes, then when I heard my parents car pull up I saw something that was all black run by into the room next to mine.
kodagirl2121 (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-28)
Children see ghost because of their innocence. I also can remeber, through my dreams, things that have happened when I was two. I honestly don't know if that's normal.
My aunts best friend is a physic/mediums and see says that shadow figures are evil so if you would ever see one get out.

koda
JPing (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
The title really doesn't fit seeing as how your grandparents also saw them.
Buttons4me (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
Children are indeed intouch with the spitual world, more then adults, or teens. Its usualy up to age 9 I believe anyway
yoshie257 (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-28)
i can see ghosts and I see em 9 times a day black figures are shadow ghosts one was pearing around the corner at me I'm freaked out
Cole (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-08)
i see ghost and I hear them a person told me so because when I was in my friends hose I saw a man and told my friends mother and described it to her and it was her great grandfather and I was banded from that house lol
Katy (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-02)
I have been researching this on the internet lately, because I think my daughter might be seeing or interacting with something in our house. She keeps talking about Jenny (we don't know anyone named Jenny) and kind of freaked out the other night, worried about whether or not the little girl was going to burn her face again. She is afraid to go into the hallway by herself and sometimes talks to someone in the hall from the kitchen. She also occasionally talks into the fireplace. The last few days she has been wetting herself constantly. She is 3 years old and is potty-trained. Not sure what to make of this.
Kayla (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
Hey Katie. In response to your question, I have always been able to see things. When I was 3 1/2, I was playing in my room and my mom and grandma were downstairs. I went downstairs and said "DId you know grandma likes to watch croquet. I was refering to my great-grandmother who had passed away 30 years before. My grandmother looked at my mom and said "how did she know that"? Nobody had told me, my great-grandmother did. Also, in our house I have always had the feeling that someone is watching me.
Tori (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
Welll you just say what happened!!!!!! you don't tell how to prevent that!
Lisa Taylor (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
Plenty of people can remember things from when they were that young and I am one of them. I have never seen a ghost but I did dream of my sister 5 years before she came. I know that my 2 yo dd sees 'something' that she plays with and laughs with. I believe your story!
nikki (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
I believe in your stories. Katie I understand completely where you are coming from. When my daugther was about 1 1/2. She woke up one morning if the little boy was alright. I asked her what little boy. She said the little boy fell off the bed. She walked around the apartment looking forhim. I few days later she was sitting on the couch and I was in the kitchen and I heard her say "My mom said I can't do that." About 2-3 weeks later she was walking down the hallway and she came running back into the living room saying she was scared of the girl in the wall. We ended up moving and she has done fine until amonth agoand it has started up again. Now she is seeing things in her closet when her closet is closed. I really don't know what to do anymore. The mostrecent thing that kinda freaked me out was when we went bowling. I took a picture of her bowling and when I looked at the picture her right hand was see thru. I dont know if I should take that as a sign or if the camera messed up or what.
Katie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-25)
I have a two year old, and we live in a house that is 100 years old. We sometimes hear things, that we can't explain...but recently my 2 year old daughter has been acting in such a way that makes us believe she sees "ghosts"...or spirits, or angels...we're not sure, but something. She'll be playing, and will run to me saying, "Mommy, i'm scared", and i'll ask her, and she tell me she sees "ladies"...we didnt even know she knew the word "ladies". Does anyone have any clues? or comments?
Rebecca (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-29)
Hey Mase - Yes, it's true, not everything "has" to be a spirit, but sometimes, that's the only answer, even WITH research. Read my postings and see what other explanations you can come up with...I'd be veerrryyyy interested.... Tell me - do you believe the earth is sherical (yes, I realize it's more egg shaped, but bear with me here...), or that germs exist? Both of these things cannot be proven firsthand by our normal senses, but are deduced by looking at the clues in the world around us. Same with ghosts. It's basic scientific procedure...
mase (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-27)
must have been civil war people????? omg woman do some research not everything has to be a spirit/ghost!!!
courtney (guest)
-2
17 years ago (2007-01-27)
soooooooooo are you sure it true and now can you remember thing that long ago seeing something like that right whateva
briana and madison (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-24)
briana- I believe in ghosts because I have one in my house
madison-i believe in your story
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-23)
Hey Witney, I think that the civil war spirits are not harmful, they actually seem like they somehow want to get your attention. Next time you see one of those spirits, don't get scared, instead try to communicate in a way, and find out why they were stuck here and fix the issue. well bye for now and I will tell you more later.
CenterCore (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-22)
We should listen to children more when they say what sound like crazy things, because they could be totally serious and not making anything up.

But I like your story; do you have any others?

- Core
CenterCore (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-22)
Children can definitely see what we can't. I know this from first-hand experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: