You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scary Night at my Cousin's New House

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Night at my Cousin's New House

 

Hi, this is my first story here so it's not going to be the best one. I have a brother and many cousins who are guys, they play pranks on me like hell which sometimes scare me, but now I'm used to it. One night while I stayed at their new house in Palawatte (it's outside the main part of the city), their mom and dad had to go out on some work, so me, and 3 of my cousins explored the house.

The security guard was downstairs and we know him really well, he told us that some guy died here. We didn't believe him so we kept on exploring. We decided to go to bed at around 1 am. And at around 1.45 we can all hear these foot steps. We all got freaked out. And all of us made sure we weren't making any of those noises. And it wasn't the security guard because he was asleep by 10 in his room, And he doesn't come up at 1.45 am (may I remind you that none of the furniture was brought since it was the first day. No curtains nothing. So it couldn't have been any objects making such noises.) We started getting freaked out more and more, and all of a sudden the ceiling fan comes crashing to the floor and lands on my leg. Nothing happened to me, I just got cut, but it's nothing compared to other ways I've hurt myself. And it could have been a co-incidence... I don't know.

But the security guard had a worried face the other morning. He was like. "a journalist used to live here, and he killed himself by hanging himself by a chain from this very ceiling fan"... We sold the house 2 weeks later. That was ONE of the scariest happenings ever. Even though this happened. My cousins still play pranks on me. There are more stories to come so keep in touch.

---Shenny---

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shenny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Shenny, that was a very frightening story!

And I would have done the same

Sold the house, maybe you should have believed the Security Guard!

You should look at the history of the house and see who the man was and why he killed himself!
Maya (8 posts)
+3
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
hey shenny!
now that was a really nice stuff... I mean first of all I must say that you people were daring to just ignore the watchmen when he warned you about the journalist who had died there... And also I the last part of the story you hav taken this incident in a sportive way where you say" this is nothing compared to the pranks that my cousins play"...haha...😆.that was hilarious... Overall I liked your story and that horrifying experience that you had. Take care. God bless!

Maya😊
Shenny (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
Dear GibsonFlyingV,
I'm so sorry for not replying your comment a.s.a.p, I'm very greatful to you that you took the time to read and comment,
once again, I'm really sorry.

Take care and much love,
Shenny. 😊
GibsonFlyingV (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
Wow, that is creepy... I never heard noises before for I have only seen things... So in my opinion hearing things is a bit worst... Well thanks for sharing your story and I do hope all is well now...
Shenny (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-30)
Oh. Thanks Martin, I can't say I know what you're going through, because I don't...but thanks for taking the time to send me a comment. ❤
I couldn't come online for the past 2 days to check out anything and I'm really sorry, the reason I couldn't come was because I had another encounter with a ghost and I had fainted on the spot 😢
Thanks again to everyone for your comments.

Take care and much love TO ALL,
Shenny.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Sorry Shenny, I have a quick comment to Martin. I always knew you were busy but the pre-halloween rush never even crossed my mind! You must be going mad! I'll try to get a bottle of advil out to you a.s.a.p.! With sympathies, Bell.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Hi I know some of these stories are made up but I swear down I have experience the things which I have wrote you should read my stories there on the psychic experience website I have 2 on here as well. The owner on this site is busy and he can't have any more stories sent in until he has finished the others. I should Of just stayed on the psychic experience website
but every time I send a story in and it gets publish people start to lie and say they have been through it which is a total lie it gets on my nerves why do they copy. If they had been through what I have been through they would of wrote a story about it wouldn't of they which they hadn't done so. When they start to read other people story they copy.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Shenny, Shane is right, I'm receiving more stories than my time allows to process and, none the least, that this web site can handle. I don't see any points in publishing 20 stories a day when no one would have time to comment and help out. I figure about 5 a day (on average, sometimes none, sometimes 10) is about right for every author to get at least a few days in the spotlight and get some valuable feedback.

Starting about a month prior to halloween, I get a serious surge of interest and I will have to control it with disabling the submit page more often. Also, many people in this time of the year get a kick out of scaring others for fun and aren't always serious and honest about publishing real experiences, so managing the false stories is also more difficult and taking more of my time.
Shenny (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
I'll Be Patient 😊
Thanks Shane 😁
And I'll Be Looking forward to stories from you as well 😊

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
The Pleasure is all mine! I figure it is going to become a lot harder to post stories here as Halloween approaches. My dear friend and our webmaster Martin is a very busy man, give him a little time he will get things straightened out. Once things are back to normal I look forward to more stories from you. You take care and thank you once again for your kind words.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
WOW that must of been horrible in that house and thank god your ok Cause those ceiling fas can do a lot they are dangerous. It sounds so creepy that house don't it it is haunted by the man do you think he keeps repeating what happens to him every time someone moves in repeat repeat his death. I enjoyed reading your story it was interesting and creepy in a way. You didn't see him though but he made footsteps and a bit of damage interesting. I see ghosts I have seen 3 altogether and the 4th one I could just hear her really which is strange. Thanks for sharing your story with us it was really good. 😊
Shenny (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Dear Shane,
You have no idea how greatful I am to have a post on my story from you!
I couldn't be more thankful.
I've been trying hard to put more stories up, I have so many! But they have disabled the story submits. I've been trying everyday, because I know this site is good for me to let it all out.

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Shenny, first off let me thank you for all the wonderful comments you left on my stories. Without readers such as yourself none of us would be here. Your story was just fine, you told it very well. What happened that night I couldn't say. But I do like the fact that you have kept an open mind about it and are willing to accept that it might be paranormal or just something that happened.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: