You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mommy's Back

Real Ghost Stories

Mommy's Back

 

Hi, I am sixteen years of age and have always believed in ghosts since I was little. My mother believes that there are no ghosts but I am positive that there are. In september my oldest sister who owns an apartment asked if I would like to come over for a couple of weeks and help her with her little boy. I said yes naturally and went over. While I was there I was stationed in the living room on a air mattress. My sister's husband and I were sitting in the bedroom playing W.O.W when he told me that he could see his deceased mother.

She used to come to him in true form ever since she died. But about seven years ago he told her that he couldn't deal anymore and to please leave. He then told me that she only comes in his dreams every so often to check in. I was sitting with my sister's son and he was playing on the floor, he was only 10 months, and then he looked up and started talking baby to nothing. I got down on my hands and knees and asked my nephew what he was talking to and he looked and pointed right at the picture of my brother in laws mother's picture and then continued to talk to nothing. I was quite scared and gently asked the 'force' to leave. I could feel a change in the air after I said that.

The next day I was going to go into my nephew's room to check on him because he was sleeping and I saw a small lady leaning over his crib. She then looked at me and started to walk towards me. She walked through the wall and I was shocked. I then quickly checked my nephew then realizing that he was ok, I walked back to the living room. I was scared so much. I sat down on the couch and looked back at my nephew's door to see a head poke out. I let out a little scream and stood up. It was definitely my brother in laws mother's face. I forgot to tell you guys that after my brother in law told me about his story, I went into the bathroom and asked his mother to please show herself and to grace us with her presence.

The other time that I saw her I was trying to sleep and she was in the hall. My sister and brother in law were sleeping and the ghost was glowing white. She was smiling and then she walked out the patio door. She then walked in thin air and disappeared.

Oh and my sister and brother in law were smoking a cigarette in their room and my sister told me to keep the door closed so that liam wouldn't get the smoke smell. I usually closed the door but the one time I didn't all the doors in the apartment were closed and I was on the PC. And the door closed all by itself. It closed and I could see the door handle turning. The weird thing is that my sister was napping and my nephew was asleep. My brother in law and my sister don't know that I saw his mother. And I don't know if I should tell them... What do you all think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krystal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Hi Krystal. It sounds like Grandma's just keeping an eye on her son and the grandson she never met. That's sweet. I think you should tell your sister and her hubby that you've seen her. It's obvious hubby has seen her since he's the one who told you about it. Do you know if your sister has ever seen her? Maybe your sister would like to meet her (so to speak). Let her and her hubby decide what to do about things. She sounds harmless and she wouldn't cause trouble for the ones she loves.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Hi Krystal I enjoyed reading your story it very interesting. You shouldn't be scared of this spirit it won't do no harm. I don't know why it is there but I do have ghosts and spirits in my house and they have not harmed me. Thanks for sharing your story with us. If you want to get rid of it go to a priest . You can also fill half a glass up of holy water put it at the side of your bed while going to sleep I'm not sure if it has to be on a full moon DON'T DRINK IT! I also got told to put salt on the walls. Never play with a ouji board.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
First allow me to thank Melissa for her kind words. Krystal, you have nothing to fear from this spirit. She respects the wishes of those within the home and is obviously not trapped there. She is able to come and go as she pleases. She is just checking in on her family from time to time. You did just fine by speaking to her in a gentle and respectful manner. Once her grandchild is older she will probably show herself less and less. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
krystal, thanks for sharing your story. It was a very good one. Like I've said before, I have had "experiences", but have never had an apparition appear to me. THANK GOODNESS! I just don't think my heart could handle that! Lol. I don't know what I'd do if that ever happened to me. But Shane is a frequent visitor to this site and he always has great information. Hopefully he will see your story and give you some good advice. I personally don't think it's something to worry about.It's obvious this woman just "loves" her family and still wants to be around them physically. Which to me seems obvious that's why she stays around.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: