You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost At The Backdoor

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost At The Backdoor

 

This happened last year when I was preparing for entrance exams for some of best engineering colleges in India. School & tuitions consumed a lot of daytime so I had no other option than to study late at night.

That day started in the usual way, school then tuitions. I returned home from tuition at 7:30 p.m. I was exhausted. I took some rest, had my dinner & opened my books at 9:30 p.m.

My parents & brother went to bed in the adjacent room at around 10:30 I think. It was a chilly December night so with soft, warm quilts & blankets on their body, they quickly fell to sleep. Here I had finished covering 2-3 topics & decided to go further.

There are many parks in my colony near my house. They are full of trees, plants, bushes. On the backside of my home, there is a narrow street. If you want to enter it, first you have to go through a metal gate which is closed by our block's watchman sharp at 9:30 for security reasons. Guards then patrol our block for whole night.

Here I realized that I was not able to put more efforts. I looked at the clock & it showed 12:30. I decided to call it a day & closed my books. I was feeling quite thirsty so I opened the fridge which is near to the back door of my home. I took one chilled bottle out. As soon as I opened the cap of the bottle, a breeze started flowing & I could hear the sound of dry leaves falling in the street behind my home. Suddenly I heard the sound of crushing of those dry leaves by human foot like someone is walking on them. I assumed him to be the watchman & continued to quench my thirst. Suddenly a thought struck my mind. If watchman has to enter the street, he has to open that metal gate & we could clearly hear the opening/closing of that gate. But I didn't hear it! I was lost in all this then suddenly the footsteps became louder & closer. I put the bottle back in fridge & tried to listen carefully. At this time, footsteps were loudest & then suddenly stopped exactly at my backdoor. The breeze stopped flowing & everything was dead silent. I don't know why I did this but I went closer to that door & stood 3-4 steps from it as I was a little scared too. It was so dark that I was unable to see anything outside. I waited but no one knocked. To my horror, suddenly a strange human figure like a shadow passed through the door & came towards me at a blazing speed! When it was like one step away from me, it suddenly vanished! All this happened so fast that I couldn't even scream. All I did was turn back & place my hands over my head like in a defensive way.

Now everything was normal. No breeze, no footsteps. I was so freaked out that I rushed to my room, covered my whole body with blanket & slept with lights on. I didn't even tell my parents about this because I know they will just say "it's your mind only" and all that. Moreover I am normal just like before, no change. I still study late at night but it never happened again but whenever I think about that night, I still get goosebumps.

Thanks for reading it & sorry for any confusion/grammatical mistakes as I am a bad narrator but all this is real.

Any suggestions/comments regarding that creature/story are welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vin96n, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cutiepie11 (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-27)
Hi vin96n, as you have described that you saw a shadowy figure, I would like to tell you that it might be ghost because they often stroll around during midnight specially in areas like garden, forest, river side and roads
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
Dear mimerkki,
Thank you for considering me to be your compatriot, even if only by name.
After all, there is an old saying in Sanskrit, which states that the whole world is family❤

Regards
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
Dear rook,
No worries 😊
So much data to be arranged in our heads, some less frequently used may surely be misplaced 😆

And yeah, sure feels good to have feet firmly planted😉

Thanks for agreeing.

Regards
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
Wow I should have remembered you were from India Ari.

But yes... For us here in the States those Temps are indeed mild for a winters day, but for someone from the area I imagine its quite chilly. I also agree we need answers from the O/P.

It seems we all keep each other 'grounded' around here.

Respectfully,

Rook
mimerkki (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
Oh, I noticed just now that Ari was not from Finland! It is a male name in Finland, and I didn't even think it could be anything else 😆
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
Dear rook/G 😉
Thanks for bringing me back to earth 😐
The chilly weather is cold enough for us Indians to go brrrrrr, though it might seem comparatively higher in temperature to the US weather. Though I cannot imagine an Indian guy wanting to face the elements willingly when he can be behind closed doors 😲
I shall chalk it all, along with the 'chilled water' scenario, up to personal preference, as you so graciously suggested.
Though, without intending to offend you in any way, I would request a confirmation from the O/P, too.

Thank you again rook.

Regards and Respect.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
SA,

India's Winter Temps tend to be a wee bit higher than those in the US and other locations around the world. Around New Deli the highs run from 70 to 80F (80 being a really mild winter day) to lows near 50 to 60F (50 being a chilly winter night). As far the O/P drinking cold water goes... Chalk that up to personal preference.

For the O/P,

Could any of this been over active imagination due to your long hours of study? Is there a chance that you missed hearing the gate open because you were so intent on your studies... Or maybe you did hear it but because it's a sound you are used to hearing you simply dismissed it and there for do not remember hearing it. Then in your already frightened state of mind a gust of wind blew through the door further scaring you? These are the questions that have to be resolved before the paranormal can be considered. Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
Dear vin96n,
Thank you for sharing your story, but I am puzzled 😕
You say " It was a chilly December night so with soft, warm quilts & blankets on their body, they quickly fell to sleep.", and yet you "opened the fridge " and "took one chilled bottle out"! In mid-winter you were drinking chilled water from the fridge!
Then, according to your story and your explanation in the comments section, "a breeze started flowing" through the screen door! Only a screen door stood separating the inside of a house where people are trying to keep warm inside quilts and blankets and the very cold winter night of December! A screen door through which the dastardly weather can pass through to freeze the bones of those inside!
And you were standing there ready to drink a bottle of chilled water infront of an unblocked screen door in mid-winter mid-night!

I apologise if I am exclaiming too much, but my bewilderment still stands.

Regards
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
Hi, vin96n Thanks for your reply... Our stars are responsible for seeing such spooky things. God bless you 😁
vin96n (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
Thanks sheetal, letum & pragya for the comments.
Pragya, it is a screen door. Sheetal & letum, I got to know through my friends that 5 years ago, a tailor died in a road accident a few blocks away from mine. But none of my friends, neighbours have experienced this. That's all what I found out.
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Hi vin I did not understand whether you came out of your house or were inside. If you were inside was the door glass door that you could see Shadow
Letum (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
Hello vin96n... Good story thanks for sharing!. I was especially happy to read how you kept your cool and tried to analyze your situation by way of reasoning of things! It was a chilling experience for you and I totally understand not telling your family later the next day, as most times they'll tell you reasons you know for yourself, it was a true experience and not due to fatigue or bad lighting. I'm glad to hear you had no further scary experiences, but maybe more aware of Other things do exist around you! I look forward to read also if there might've been a death had occurred in or around your area that might bring some light as to this specter that came face to face with you. Peace...Letum
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
Hi vin96n... Nice story... I believe in your story... I want to ask is any unnatural death like accident occured in your area? Any other person from your area experienced something like this? Looking forward your reply... 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: