You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The House I Hated

Real Ghost Stories

The House I Hated

 

If you have read my other stories you know a little about me. There was one house I hated, my mom had to live in this house, and she said she was "called" to it. My first night there I was the only one home my mom and step dad and brothers were at our old house. Some of our stuff had been moved already and someone had to stay with it. There was some old furniture still in the house because it was too big to fit through any of the doors, but we had left a big bed in the living room. I spent the night there with our four big German shepherds. We all sat on the bed, I was trying to watch TV and they were "on guard" as if someone was in the room randomly growling and snarling, very unlike them. They were well trained and generally friendly. That was the first hint of what I would go through in that house.

The kid's room was a huge room generally divided in three by the shape of it and the floor sloped, the house was very old and had several deaths in it. There was one room between the kid's room and the bathroom, I would walk all the way around the house to get to the bathroom, so I didn't have to go in that room, my younger brother tried sleeping in there but had terrible nightmares. Two young children had died in there during a fire, they had been locked in for the night by their mother and unable to get out when the fire started.

There was a back room add on that no one really used. I never felt comfortable in there. My room was small and had one big window; I had double French type doors on it that opened in, no matter how secure I closed them they would open in the middle of the night. I still wonder if it was my friends making sure I had a way out. At first the activity wasn't too bad, I would see stuff or hear talking. Several times I heard yelling, thinking my mom and step dad were fighting again I would get up only to find them asleep. Then I was washing dishes one night and felt a hard push in the middle of my back, thinking of my brother I turned around and no one was there. It progressed fast, I was pushed, scratched had hair pulled out at night when I would try to sleep. One night was particularly bad and I was scared things were moving, I got scratched, it was just very upsetting and every time I tried to run out of my room I would get pushed back. I was kneeling on my bed trying to figure out what to do when my closet suddenly opened on its own, now you had to really pull to open this door and turn the knob hard, the frame was warped. It was a small closet maybe 4ft by 3 ft. It just felt safe, seeing an out I ran in there and the door closed its self behind me! I spent the rest of the night in there, listening to all the noise in my room, and repeated pounding on the closet door, something would turn the knob repeatedly, but it never opened. I like to think my friends were helping me. After that I put a hasp type lock on the inside of the door and slept in there. Often when I came out in the morning my room would be torn apart. Eventually we moved, we lived there about 11 months. The next people who lived there lasted a month and had it torn down and built a house on a different spot. It is horse pasture now. But there were many times I felt like my friends helped me in that house.

And for those who asked yes my gremlins made my mom miserable many times, along with her boyfriend and my step dads. But they got me in trouble a lot too, I often got blamed for things they did or took. My mom would often buy herself sweets and they would take them. One night my mom had been drinking and had spent a good hour cussing and yelling at them for something they did, I don't rember what. We woke up the next morning and the kitchen was trashed, everything out of the cupboard and fridge was pulled out and dumped out everywhere. They can be a big help or they can be a big pain. More stories to come. I have many to tell, not all of them about my friends. Again feel free to contact me here, email, or Facebook!

Other hauntings by bbydoll

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bbydoll, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bbydoll (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
feel free to ask any questions you might have, I will answer all I can
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Thanks for sharing, I was just curious about your little friends.
bbydoll (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
actually I have a couple times, and never will again! Lol it makes them very mad. Do they show up? I don't know. The cameras and/or film always dissapears and then shows back up destroied. I even tried putting it in my car to keep it safe, found it 3 days later in the laundry soap smashed. So I stoped, any one who comes over and makes fun of them or says there not real I dare to stay for 48 hrs. And honestly I don't talk about them much to many people, so there has never been any real pressure to "prove" they are real.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
Winipu thanks for the explanation on how to use the site.
Bbydoll, have you ever tried capturing them on film or photographs?
bbydoll (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
well thank you for reading them, I do plan on posting more, any one can feel free to email me or find me on facebook!
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
Hi:
Samtillie, there's a bunch of discussion and theorizing in the comment section of bbydoll's original story "My Little Friends". If you go to the very bottom of the comments, there's a link in very small font "read previous comments" which will take you back to the beginning if you wish to read them chronologically.
I think many of us are of the impression that they are a type of Fae (Fairy); perhaps a Brownie, based upon the behavior bbydoll has described.
I think it's fascinating to to hear actual firsthand accounts from someone they are attached to and have followed an entire lifetime.
Bbdoll, I LOVE reading your stories! Please keep filling us in. I look forward to reading your stories, probably because I also have a mother that bought (as she called them) "enchanted" old houses. Growing up this way gives one a unique perspective. I am fortunate that I never had any bad experiences and also believe I am protected, albeit by more traditional spiritual guardians. Thank you for sharing your stories with us and I'm eager to read more.
Kind Regards 😊
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
Thanks for replying, I know you have stated they have been with you for many years, what do they look like?
bbydoll (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
they are my little friends that have just always been with me. I don't know for sure what they are, there are different thoughts on that. I don't know why they stay with me.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Hi bbydoll, I always read your stories when you post them. I hope I am not being ignorant but what are these 'gremlins' you keep mentioning? I am struggling to understand what they are and why they have been with your family for so long. Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: