You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts In The Duplex

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts In The Duplex

 

This is my first story I'm posting to this site and more are to come. This story involves my parents about a year after they were married in the mid to late 1970s.

My parents moved into a small duplex in Nashville, TN and were both in their late teens. My mother has always been a sensitive, and to this day can still see and hear things. My father does have the ability but it seems to not be as strong as my mother's. There are four different experiences they have told me and I will share them all in this one story.

The first incident happened when my mom was in the kitchen making food for my father and young cousin who was visiting. She could hear them in the living room talking and joking around when, all of the sudden, she felt two pokes on her left shoulder. She turned quickly but of course no one was there. Five minutes later the same thing happened while she was cleaning some dishes and again no one was behind her.

The second incident involves my father who had just awoke in bed to the sound of the shower running in the bathroom. The bathroom was attached to the bedroom and was the only way into the bathroom. He figured it was my mom in the shower getting ready for work and after about five minutes he heard the shower turn off. No longer than a minute had passed that the door opened and out came a woman in her mid thirties dressed in a twenties style dark blue dress. She looked over at my father then disappeared right in front of his eyes. My father jumped out of the bed and looked outside and the car was gone, which means my mother had already left for work. This is the only spirit my father has ever seen.

The third incident was late at night when my parents were sleeping in the bed. They had a night light on in the bathroom and my mom awoke for no particular reason. She lay, there facing the opposite side of the bathroom door trying to go back to sleep. She glanced into a mirror they had on the wall facing the bathroom door. In the doorway of the bathroom was a young male in his early twenties staring right at her. As soon as she saw him she screamed and smacked my dad to wake up. He jumped up, grabbed a baseball bat, then searched the entire place. They both thought it was a burglar but every window and door were sealed shut and locked.

The last incident involved my mother again and she was laying in bed trying to take a evening nap home alone. She was facing toward the bathroom door with her eyes closed but then felt the other side of the mattress sink down. Assuming it was my father home from work, she began to turn to look but then saw a pitch black shadow hovering over her. Frightened, she jumped out of bed and ran outside to the neighbors to call my dad home from work. She was too scared to go back in the house so she waited outside in the freezing cold until he got home. She refused to stay there alone after that and they moved shortly after.

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by The_Dark_Knight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The_Dark_Knight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
I am agree with Miracles51031 for not looking mirrors at night. One of my friend has seen ghost in mirror at night. I have also heard about this... So I never looks in mirror at night. Coming to your story... The incident happens with your father freaked me out! Ghost in front of you! OMG... I am curious to know the history of that duplex... 😐
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
I had the experience of someone unseen sitting on my mattress once, it's definitely unsettling and to see a pitch black shadow over me? I probably would be breaking the 100m sprint record if I were your mom. Great to hear your parents moved out of that place.
The_Dark_Knight (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
Miracles thank you for replying. I can't imagine the feeling of laying in bed and having something sit on the bed. It would definitely freak me out! To answer your question I don't think they know anything about the history of the duplex. I'll give them a call to make sure. My mom said the man was wearing blue jeans so I don't believe they were together while living. I will definitely post my other stories on here soon.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
The_Dark_Knight - this is exactly why I hate looking in mirrors in the night. No joke. Hate it. I would rather walk into a room with my eyes shut than look into a dark mirror 😨

I've had the "visitor" sitting on the bed happen several times and it is unnerving every time. Even when it's just our ghost cat, it's still a little unsettling at first.

From their experiences, I would assume (there's that word LOL) the man and woman may have lived there together; however, just because your parents saw them during the same time period doesn't necessarily mean they were a couple does it? They could be two totally unrelated spirits who happened to show themselves to your parents during the same time span. Intriguing
😊

Did your parents know any of the history of the duplex? Might shed some light on who they may be.

Thanks for sharing their experiences with us and I look forward to reading more from you.

(By the way, don't worry about the paragraphs 😉 The rest of the story was a breeze to edit.)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: