You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unexplained First

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained First

 

I have experienced strange things all through my life, but one of the times I clearly remember was when I was house-sitting my late grandparents' house.

I was around 18 years old and house sitting with my two cousins of around the same age, while waiting for the house to sell. My cousins slept upstairs because they believed strange things where going on in the basement. So, being the only male there, they voted and elected me to have the downstairs basement bedroom. I did not mind, I just thought it was funny that they were so spooked.

One day I was taking a nap and I woke up to what I thought was my door opening and closing again. The room was dark so I kept my eyes closed. I figured my cousins were trying to scare me. This was confirmed when I heard some quiet females giggling. So I decided to turn the tables on them and jump up at them when they reached my bed. I stayed still and listened to the quiet suppressed laughter and the slow footsteps approaching my bed. Step by step they came closer. When I heard that they were right beside me, I launched out of bed with a giant ROAR! Only to see that not only was the room completely empty, there was nobody in the whole house at that time.

Once I told the two girls, it confirmed that I would have the basement to myself because, after that, they would not even go down the stairs. I was not scared at all though. I felt no fear for the playful spirit, so I had no qualms about staying there.

A second story to tell and I would like some input on it.

I was in college in London, Ontario and driving a friend home around 10 PM one night.

She lived in a residential area a few blocks from the river. I dropped her off and headed home, but on the way home not far from where I dropped her off, I took a wrong turn and ended up on a street that must have been right beside the river.

It was dark and there was a light fog on the street. I started noticing that it was not a usual street. The first thing I noticed what that there where no street lights, or any lights at all. The second thing I noticed was that the road was made from bricks instead of asphalt.

Looking at the houses I noticed that they all looked older and lived in, but there was no movement anywhere. Kind of in a daze and feeling a little goosebumpy, I was about 3/4 of a block down the street when I turned around and slowly drove back to the main street.

I have been back to that area to see that street to figure out what was going on. I have never found the street again though. Any time I pass that area when I am driving around town, I keep venturing over there to see if I can find it, but I have never had any luck or explanation for it.

I can assure you I was not on any drugs, or extra tired. I would believe that my mind was playing tricks, but it all seemed so real. Yes, it could have been a new development, that would explain the no lights, but all the houses were finished and like I said before, they all looked older and lived in.

If anyone has heard of this before I would love to hear a explanation for it.

Thank you

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chewbacca, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jetson (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
Thanks Chewbacca... Given what you saw and the absence of people and the lack of sound and eerie quality to the experience I have to feel that you did enter into some sort of time slip, just as I had experienced in France. Like you we tried to retrace our steps but to no avail and so I gather the answer to your experience is like ours, left open and puzzling.
Chewbacca (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
It was an eerie feeling, like something just was not right. Sounds were dulled, like the calm just after a rainfall, although there was no rain. I just attributed that to the fog at the time.
Jetson (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Hello Chewbacca... I am the author of the experience that BadJuuJuu sent you and yes I totally agree that your experience in London, Ontario really does really sound very similar to my experience which occurred so many years ago Dieppe, France. I wanted to ask you though, were the feelings of being goose bumpy mean that you had some overriding sense of foreboding or doom? I also wanted to ask, by daze, are you trying to convey that your experience was that of having no sound at all or that at the very least the sounds were muffled as you drove?
Pebbles_Keeper (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Chewbacca.
Got your Dr. Who reference 😊
Like you said if you did experience a time slip you would be the only person with a car.
I had a thought. What if a hundred odd years ago someone was looking out their window and saw your car driving down the street. They would have been freaked out
😜
The_Dark_Knight (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Sorry I meant multiple, dang you auto-correct! Best regards bro.
The_Dark_Knight (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Chewbacca- Your first experience I think the ghost knew you would think it was your cousins which is funny to me. I would have freaked out though after finding the room empty. The second experience I believe you were more lost than you think and found a driveway that leads to multiple homes. They are most likely all related who reside in the homes and were probably passed down from multiply generations. Just my thoughts.
Chewbacca (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
I figured the reference would not go un-noticed, lol.

The second situation, I was driving. I thought the area had a black out until I noticed that I did not even see any street light poles.

It was more then that though, you would think that you would at least see candle light/flashlights in the windows, but there was really no life. I was raised to be sceptical so I have really looked at this and this is one of the first times I have shared this story.

Was not so grand as the story you referenced Badjuujuu, that was pretty cool. Wish I had checked things out further, but on the other hand, if it was a time slip, I would rather not be stuck there. Although I would have the first car, just no gas, lol.

Like I said, I have been back that way a few times, but there are only a few side streets off the main and I have taken them a few times over thinking I missed something.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
Well...at least you didn't see any weeping angels. 😉 I take it you were on foot for your second experience? I don't think you need to be depressed to experience a time slip. Curious you did not see at least a gas light, but not all towns had those. And since this was apparently pre-artificial lighting, you wouldn't have seen much activity. Folks rose early, and went to bed early too.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
Well, that link didn't work. Let me try that again...
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=14944
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
A Whovian?!? I salute you, sir!
Some of the older areas in the city I live near still have brick paved roads. The houses in those areas are old, the whole thing can be a tetch surreal as one block over is perfectly modern. Granted, the street lights, house lights, etc all work in those neighborhoods and there are usually people around. I would think if you just stumbled into a historical neighborhood you'd have found it again by now, though.
This story might be interesting to you, as it's pretty similar to your experiencehttp://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=14944
Chewbacca (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
Wow, I have never heard of that before, thank you!

It does sound right. Reading about it now and comparing what others have said on it, I cannot remember feeling depressed but I do remember the absence of sounds and the stillness over everything. I attributed that to the light fog.

As I was seeing it all with a lot of moonlight, I can not determine whether the colours where fading like I have now read was common with that.

Kind of wish I had stayed around longer now, maybe listening for the Tardis, lol.

Of course I am still open to the possibility of someone just pointing out a road that is paved with bricks and showing me how far off I really was that night, 😉
Pebbles_Keeper (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
Yes Argette is right.
Your second experience sounds like a time slip to me.
A very famous and credible one was two English Edwardian ladies, both respectable scholars who experienced a time slip whilst visiting the Palaces at Versaille France.
You were very brave in your grandparent's house. I don't think I would have got much sleep in that situation. 😊
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
I have heard of it, but I didn't know it was called a time slip. I have never heard that anyone had met any actual people during such an experience, so I dont't think it is just going backwards in time per se.
Argette (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
It is your second experience that intrigues me as it sounds like a time slip. Can you pull up a Google map and locate the street that way?

A time slip is defined as a incident in which a person or persons travel through time accidentally. You might be traveling, get lost, and find yourself in the same place but in a different time. The most famous time slips have taken place on Bold Street in Liverpool, England, but there have been some reported in France and other parts of the world.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_slip

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: