You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Hooves

Real Ghost Stories

Hooves

 

When I was about fourteen I was dating an older boy who absolutely adored me. I told him I wanted a Ouija board so he tracked one down on eBay for me. I tried to play with it a few times and nothing ever happened.

One night I had some friends over and my sister, who's three years younger than I, also had some friends over. We lived on the farm and had this old grey round bin, it had a huge opening but no door and it faced the yard light and house. We used it for storage and a warm place for the cats to hide or sleep. Behind this bin was my dear dog, Foxy's, grave and then the corner of the horse pasture (usually where we'd called them to give them oats).

So there was five of us girls sitting around this Ouija board and candle, late at night and about a hundred yards from the house. We made a nice little circle and sat there with our hands on it, asking questions. I remember reading that if you see the flame flickering but the shadow of the candle doesn't move, something is there. I saw the flame was moving but the shadow wasn't and I pointed it out to the other girls. Everyone was already a bit jumpy just from using this Ouija board so watching the flame move but the shadow not, we got even more jumpy. We kept trying but it didn't move.

Suddenly we could hear what sounded like a stampede of horses running right behind the bin (past where the fence ended and we only had three horses, this sounded like a herd of them!). So I figured I'd walk around the bin and see if the horses were there. They were nowhere in site! All us girls kind of freaked out, grabbed the candle and board and ran to the house. A few of us were holding hands and I remember we were all so freaked out and not really paying attention, just trying to be the first to the house, that my sisters friend got clothes lined so we had to stop and pull her up.

A few days later my sister and I came home from school, my parents were both still at work. We came walking down the driveway, across the grass and up the steps. I kind of glanced around the yard because something seemed different. I noticed the horses were out and were eating oats off the ground in front of the oats bin. I glanced around the yard and it took me a minute to realize the round grey bin was gone! I walked over there to check it out and there were pieces of wood everywhere! Some pieces the size of a door were scattered and literally thrown through the horse fence. There were small pieces and slivers scattered around where the bin was, but the biggest pieces took out the corner of the horse fence.

My old man said plow wind but the bin was the only thing touched. The weirdest part of it all was that I walked around, looking at all this wood everywhere, trying to figure out how it could happen like that, and I noticed there was not a single sliver of wood on my dog's grave. It was like it was completely around, to the point it looked outlined. Still gives me shivers to this day.

I have a few more Ouija board stories but that one was the scariest.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ADCJ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ADCJ (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Thank you for all the comments everyone! I was young and not very smart, we only used it a few times that summer then my old man hid it because he didn't want it in the house. My parents have since split and the board is long gone, he claims he's sold it but either way, it's not my problem anymore lol.

Sds- I only have two other stories. There were three or four of us sitting in our basement, we had the board and a candle and we sat in the middle of the open area at the bottom of the stairs. It was an open ceiling, where you could still see the beams and the furnace ducts, and we were sitting under one of the ducts. As we were asking questions we could hear tapping on the duct right above our heads. It was a consistent tap tap tap tap, almost like the echo tin gives off when you slightly push in with your finger and then let it bounce back to shape. We couldn't figure out what was making the noise, it was only right above our heads and in the summer when the furnace wasn't on. We ran upstairs pretty fast.

The other was in our old camper, same thing- board and candle. We sat at the table, maybe four of us and then we heard rustling at the top of the stairs where the bed was. Then it sounded like my old man was trying to scare us by knocking on the far corner of the outside of the camper. We took a flashlight and looked around the whole camper, which was parked in the middle of the yard with no where to run to and hide really fast, and nobody was there. We tried one more time, hoping the needle part of the Ouija board would move just once and the knocking came back so we blew out the candle and dashed to the house. My old man was asleep in his chair watching tv and started yelling we were making too much noise. We didn't touch it again after that!
AmariaWolfThorn (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
A safe way to close the door? How about not using the damn board at all. That sounds like a good idea -.- oh and girly I recommend you bury that thing immediately don't burn it just bury it 2 feet under and never dig it up.
lovelight78 (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
Great story! I have to agree with SDS though. Please do not use an ouija board. Good is rarely the outcome you will receive!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Hello ADCJ, I always advocate people not to have any session with Ouija Board. From what you have stated, you girls did not close the Board properly. Fortunately, I feel nothing happened to you or any of your friends, otherwise, you would have described it as well. But as far as I am concerned, you should not have any Ouija Board session. I don't use the word "play" because Ouija Board is not a toy. Many people do describe their sessions that way. But I don't. Because it is a gateway for spirits to enter our realm and we don't know what is in store for us. Please be careful.

Would like to hear other experiences too but again, at the cost of repetition, I would like to tell you, don't have any session with Ouija Board.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Well... I know very knowledgeable people will give advice on the proper way to open and close a ouija board - all of it is serious and you really should do it for safety's sake. This is a wonderful expierience and a good read as I can just picture the whole thing complete with grabbing the friend and keep running! 😊 But personally, I believe the best way to use a ouija board is to grind it up, burn it, put the ashes in a hermetically sealed jar, and toss it into the nearest McDonalds dumpster. With a three day old large fry tossed on top. That's only my opinion, it's probably a bit much.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: