You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Figure - Friendly Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Figure - Friendly Ghost?

 

Back in around 2007/2008 I was round my brother's house sitting with my sister-in-law and my niece. We were sat in the lounge just chilling, talking, watching TV etc. And generally just having a nice relaxing time.

I was sitting facing the windows and the doorway leading to the rear garden and kept seeing the security light going on every few seconds (it would come on, go off and immediately come on again). At this point, I thought it's either a cat or a fox walking about.

After about half an hour, the security light was still coming on and off repetitively. At this point I made my sister-in-law aware of the light and what it was doing. She replied back, "It's probably the ghost" (or something along those lines).

I laughed and dismissed it as her having a laugh and winding me up, but then I started seeing a shadow walk past. The shadow was of a human figure and it went across the brick garage outside, it was also approximately between 5'-10" and 6'-2".

I then thought, "My brother's not home for a long time yet, and my other nephews weren't around the area at the time either." Again I let my sister-in-law aware of the shadow I saw, and she laughed and said something like, "Yeah it's the ghost". I again laughed, but could tell she was serious.

At this point she then told me that my niece's MP3 player would randomly play sometimes for no reason. She then asked my niece where her MP3 player was, to which my niece replied, "It's on the dining table." (The dining table was about 10ft away to my right just outside the lounge). Now between 30-60 seconds later, the MP3 player turned on and blasted out music!

To this day, it's strengthened my belief in ghosts (I'm very skeptical about everything) and to be honest, there was no fear or "scary" parts about this experience... It felt as if whatever it was (supposing it was a ghost), was just there to have a walk around and make himself known.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashleylewisms, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashleylewisms (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
I'm afraid they moved out around 2009.
However, they had told me about another ghostly happening there. Shortly after my grandmother had passed, My neice and her friends one night reported seeing her in the living room by the curtains sitting and smiling. At the time, I believe her ashes were in my brothers possesion.

Unfortunately, that's all I have for that house and although I'm still round the corner from it, I don't know the new tenants and if or not they have strange occurences.
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Could the shadow have been from a passing vehicle?

Of course, that wouldn't necessarily account for the security light going on and off.

Something like this - the simple sighting of a shadow - is scarier to me than the most elaborate ghost story.

Welcome, and thanks for sharing with us!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Hi ashleylewisms, welcome to YGS. I feel that there is something that wanted to draw your attention. I meant "you" about the persons in the house. Well now that this has happened way back in 2007/2008, I would like to ask you if your brother is living in the same house. And that your sister-in-law was quite serious, did you ask her when she found out about these happenings and if you have made any investigation about it or did your brother or sister-in-law make any enquiry about these events. If so, please do share with us. It could give some clarity to the whole experience of yours.

If they do live in the same house, you can check with them if it is happening even now and if they have any other experiences or inputs into these encounters.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: