You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted House Or Haunted Person?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House Or Haunted Person?

 

My story begins when I was 15. A friend of ours died in the Joplin tornado so we ended up receiving custody of her two girls. The youngest girl is my age and we were really close friends. We shared a room in the basement together. It started out with us hearing little noises around the house when we were home alone. I just ignored it thinking it was my mind playing tricks at first.

One night around 3 am I flipped over to my right side to get more comfortable. When I did flip over I saw this black thing standing over my sister. All I could make out was these evil red eyes and what looked like horns on its head. At first I thought it was just small but I realized it was hunched over her. It knew I was watching it because it looked right at me! I was completely frozen for a minute but then I grabbed my bible next to my bed, closed my eyes, and started praying. I never looked back to see if it was gone or not.

Not too long after, my actual sister and her friend were home alone and heard someone in the other room talking. They have experienced some stuff but they haven't seen anything. There have been times when I am home by myself and have heard my name being called and whispers around the house.

After that I was pretty terrified of staying in the room by myself. I haven't seen anything since then but we still experience stuff. I moved to a different room after the oldest girl moved out but I recently moved back to the room. Right after I moved rooms I was finishing putting away all of my stuff and heard this loud banging on my door. I thought it was my sister because she usually knocks really loud but she said she was upstairs putting her stuff away too. My mom was the only other person home with us at the time so I asked her since her room is across the hallway from mine. She said no, claiming she didn't even hear banging at all.

After that I have started having bad dreams. It is always about the demons attacking me or my family. I watched my family and friends get torn apart and tortured to death by these things. The dreams scare the crap out of me. I'm not really sure if our house is "haunted" or if whatever this thing is followed the girls since nothing like this happened until they came to live with us.

I'm not sure what to do about it but keep praying since my parents don't believe us. If anyone can help tell me what this thing is or what I need to do, please comment. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chigets, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

The_Dark_Knight (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
Chigets- Is it possible the first experience was just a dream? Also could there have been a radio or television on when you or your sisters heard the noises? If not I would also agree with what Rookdygin said.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
Chigets - thank you for responding. In that case, I would think Rook's explanation could be the answer to what is going on.
Chigets (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
[at] Miracles51031 its not offensive at all I just want to understand what is going on but I don't have anything against them. I'm actually really close to the girls.:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
Stress Manifestations... Exceptionaly Strong Emotions NOT being delt with can/may be the cause of the 'thing' you saw and the dreams you are having. Perhaps you are a 'Sensitive' and because you can 'feel' or at least are picking up on at some level, the Strong Emotions from the Girls who lost their Mother.

Good on you and your Family for taking them in... But when something like that happens... And in this case in a very violent and sudden way... The emotional levels will be very high... Have either of the girls seen a Doctor about their Grief? A Grief Counsoler (sp) may help. I feel you are picking up on one, or both, of the deep emotions, from these girls.

Not sure what's happening but this seems the most plausible to me...That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
Chigets - I didn't get the impression there was anything demonic in your home. I don't mean any offense; although I'm sure this is going to offend you, but are you sure there isn't some jealousy or resentment toward the girls who were taken in by your family? Emotions like these, whether intentional or not, can create a tense situation in any home.

As lovelight said about her comment, this is just my opinion. But I would hate to think the girls are being blamed for something that isn't their fault. It seems they've been through enough.

And if I offended you by my comment, I apologize.
lovelight78 (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
I feel that maybe some dark entities are there. Demons try to attack, terrorize, possess... Etc when people are in a vulnerable state. With the loss of their mother that put your 2 new sisters in that category. Maybe you guys should do a cleansing on the house and the girls. That's just my opinion, I'm no expert.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: