You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: He Watches Over Me

Real Ghost Stories

He Watches Over Me

 

This is my first ever story on this site, and I will admit I was a little hesitant to even sign up at first. I've read several of the ghost stories on here, which I think are really interesting.

I've always been interested in "ghost" stories and really just enjoy the history of places and people. I have never seen a ghost in person and I don't think I'd every really want to, to be honest! But I do feel that we can sometimes be in touch with those who have passed on, for whatever reason.

So my first story involves a very dear friend of my family who was killed in a car accident about 4-5 years ago. He was like a father to me and was loved by so many people from all walks of life while he was on this earth. After his death, I started having dreams about him.

In my dream, I would always be out somewhere in public, like at a store or walking into a building. As I would be going through the motions of a regular dream, I would walk past him. Like I would do in real life, in my dream I would turn around to see him again. Sometimes he would be turned and walking away from me but other times he would just be standing there, smiling at me, like he was happy to see me and just wanted to watch me for a second.

This incident happened about a year ago. I stopped having dreams about him, which I really miss, but I was in a sporting goods store one day when I saw what I thought to be my friend across the store. I know in my mind that he is gone, but that seemed so real to me that day. I even told my mother about it, who told me she has dreamed about him and has had feelings that she has seen him out and about too.

I'm not really sure how I feel about trapped spirits or anything like that, because he is definitely not someone who would fit that category. I just believe that he still wants all of us to know he's still with us, and wants to remind us that although we may be sad and hurting some days that he is in heaven and is happy to be exactly where he is.

Other hauntings by ms_st0308

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ms_st0308, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
For what it's worth, I don't think all spirits are 'trapped' here either. In fact a good portion of us, on this site, admit to having 'visits' from friends and family, and find it a comfort. I totally agree, this friend of yours is just checking up on you 😊
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
Was that ever a feel good story or what. Thank you much for sharing it. I think your right, and this friend is being a friend for eternity.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Thank you for your comment, Seraphina, and thank you for reading my story. I do need to correct the state, should be Alabama not Alaska. Oops! I'm glad to find somewhere that I and others are able to share their different experiences.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Hi, ms_ti0308. This is a comforting story. Thank you for sharing it. I agree with your conclusion that your friend is not trapped here, but comes to visit once in a while. Maybe he wants your family to know that he'll always be keeping watch over you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: