You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Demon Outside My Window

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Outside My Window

 

I live in a rural area. The houses are far apart and mountains are right beside our windows. You can hear many bugs especially crickets but I never thought I would hear loud wings and footsteps in the middle of the night right outside my window.

I woke up around two, my heart was pounding fast and the only thing I heard in my mind was "Satan" repeating itself over and over. I fought it off but it would keep on going so I went over to my mom's room (this was years ago) I told her what was wrong and she told me to pray then go back to bed. I did and it did stop but I couldn't sleep so I went back in her room and sat by the corner. She looked at me and told me she heard something on the roof. I did too while I was trying to sleep. Then she told me to go to my room which I did but as I went to my room I heard something jump down from the roof and loudly landed by my window then walked around outside.

I was terrified knowing something huge was outside. Whatever it was, it made me feel heavy and gave me difficulty to breathe. I calmed down after awhile and began to hear it walk then suddenly something like wings flapping but loudly not like any bird here in Puerto Rico. After that, the negative feeling I had was completely gone and I fell right to sleep.

I've seen and experienced many things like this before and after this happened. It made me believe that around my house is haunted by negative beings. Many neighbors have told me things they've experienced here which makes me believe it is indeed haunted.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alexandria18, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gata23 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
It could be the chupacabras. I remember all the stories of that thing. I don't think a Guaraguao can do all of that noises and growling. ❤
alexandria18 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Thanks for the comments

My uncle lives right in front of me and he heard the same thing one night. Also my mom, who at the time told me to go to bed has heard growling from outside near the windows but she describes that the growling follows her. She has also heard footsteps in the backyard. I live near "la cordillera central" so no pelicans nearby. Never know what it really is but it makes me uneasy
Night_Watcher (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-29)
I don't want to say it's not real what you have experienced, but I agree on the bird theory. You could've been scared because you woke up from a nightmare you don't remember and with the wing sound could've been just a bit of paranoia. I want to exclude all explicable before blaming paranormal
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-10)
v skin walker? I have never heard about that in my life. I will have to research that. However, I do agree this sounds scary. Did you find out anything?
Chookie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
Sounds like a skin walker, witches that transform into an animal. Look it up,
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
I was thinking the bird - if it is a bird might be the sage grouse. This thing can be HUGE like 30 inches. The flapping of its wings can be very loud...personally, I can't believe your mom just made a statement like that with a 'go back to bed'. Hearing 'something' on the roof, I would have been, "Well, climb into my bed", while I sat up clutching a ball bat, and possibly dialing 911. 😆
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
I was thinking of bird also. Also don't know about Puerto Rico but in Florida, (close) they have ibis, which have these huge heavy feet and sound exactly like a human walking. There are also peacock that are wild now in both places. I actualy had the same fright from the same noises once, and whiped around to swing my purse at the stalking mugging-what I discovered- peacock! Walking behind me. I mean it could be paranormal, but like Miracles said, check out everything.
Camilla (2 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
Now this sounds weird but it sounds as if an angel and a demon are fighting the wings and the peace right after. Yes I believe so but you may want to ask a priest
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Alexandria - is it possible what you heard was a big bird landing on the roof of your house? I don't know much about Puerto Rico, I'll be the first to admit that, so I Googled and found the birds native to Puerto Rico. There are some that are pretty freaking big, such as the pelican. However, since I don't know where you live, I would have no idea if a pelican is a likely culprit, but there may be other animals, birds, etc that could be.

The thing is, being woken in the middle of the night and hearing something that sounds like footsteps on your roof would be enough to make just about anyone think there was something bad out there.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt on things like that, having been punked by autocorrect more times than I care to count. Either way, this is over, k?
Alexandria, are there owls in your area? Could what you heard have possibly been an owl hunting, and flying away with his meal? Any non-paranormal idea should be considered before the paranormal is accepted. As you live in a rural area, wildlife is a valid non-paranormal thing to consider.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Ah I really do not care about the vote...

But if Mary is speaking of something that IS researchable AND that something is possibly the 'entity' the O/P is describing then everyone is helped by knowing if Mary got caught by the dreaded SPELL CHECKER or not... If 'El Redoblante' is something more than my search reveled I would love a link...it's all research... Knowledge is Power...

Respectfully,

Rook
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Rook, it's the internet. Down votes happen, and they don't matter. Just like the up votes don't matter. It's all just pixels on a screen.
Incidentally, Mary having an inaccurate translation in a comment doesn't matter either. What matters is Alexandria's experience.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Hey I many not 'Speak' the Language but I enjoy research and when I do a search using 'cut and paste' and all the links that are generated a related to drums/percussion music... That tells me something...

I thought I would give the individual a chance to 'check' what they had sent because AUTO CORRECT can sometimes change the entire meaning of what is trying to be said.

So vote me down... I was just being 'cheeky' about what my research reveiled and was asking for clearification at the same time. I did not mean to step on any bodies toes...

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Mary, Mary, Mary...

So this demon is a snare drum... Or something similar to one?

Please check your spelling... Me thinks that words does not mean what you think it means.

Respectfully,

Rook
mary30xoxo (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
That is scary... My grandfather once told me that his father once had an experience with a creature that seems similar to what you heard... This took place in Mexico he was about 12 years old and it was about 10 pm or 11 pm he was looking after his family's cattle up in the hill were they go to grace. When all the animal started mooing and huffing and got in down in a submissive position when this huge animal with wings landed near a river close by, the animal went inside the flowing river spreading its wings and making this drumming sounds, the animal then went along with the current disappearing. He said its called " El Redoblante... Hope this helps...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: