You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Orb Affecting Electrical Equipment

Real Ghost Stories

Orb Affecting Electrical Equipment

 

My parents bought a house that was owned by the "Card" family. They were hoarders, especially of animals, any animal, and they kept them ALL in the house, and never let them out. Bathrooms and closets were turned into animal housing. The purchase occurred approximately 1 year prior to my birth.

Mrs. Card was an alcoholic, and ended up drinking herself to death in the house. When an autopsy was performed, her blood alcohol level was .38. The rest of the Cards moved afterward. Needless to say, my parents got the house for a significant discount.

I never really noticed any activity growing up, but my bedroom was on the first floor. The move to the basement was when the weird stuff started to happen. Up until my 16th year, the basement, which was basically a three-bedroom apartment, had always been rented out because my parents could use the extra income to feed myself and my 3 brothers.

As soon as one of my brothers and I moved down there, we noticed strange occurrences, but nothing major. Light bulbs would only last for a month, batteries would be dead after opening the package brand new. It wasn't until I had a computer that the REALLY active period began.

I had the computer in my room. It was directly to the left of my bed. It was plugged into a surge bar, along with a reading lamp, a printer and a clock radio. I was on the computer quite a lot, but I always turned it off before I went to bed. I started to notice that when I would wake up, my computer was on. I told myself at first that "I must just have forgotten to turn it off last night..." This event happened once a week at first, then it became a nightly occurrence. Eventually, I specifically unplugged the surge bar from the wall before I went to sleep. This tactic worked for about a week.

One night I was sound asleep when I was awoken by the sound of a loud bang. I sat up in bed, obviously wondering what was going on. One second later my computer, reading light, printer and clock radio all came on at the same time. Then I saw a glowing orb about the size of a golf ball float over my bed about chest height (if standing) and go through my bedroom door. At that point my bedroom (overhead) light came on. My bedroom was a bit strange because the light switch was located just outside the door.

I said the Lord's Prayer and went back to sleep. I have since moved away and never experienced anything similar to that in my life.

Other hauntings by jailarson

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jailarson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Abby (710 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Dear Jay (jailarson),

It is quite possible that an entity was just passing through and was never attached to that house and its past. Although, considering the history you relate, the past lower level energies in that house may have attracted such an entity. If there were also younger people living there, as well as yourself, all of you may well have and unknowingly contributed to the phenomena, and unwanted electrical, energy consumption.

The orb also may not be related, but a separate entity and experience. It is quite possible that a live human being can also drain electrical appliances, batteries and so forth.

Well, at least you are now out and on your own, hopefully with a low electrical utility bill and unaffected light fixtures, computer and appliances.--Abby
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
Jailarson, even if you were in jail for arson (that was cute 😉 by the way), it's still a really good story. That sounds like a good theory, that she was confused and took herself elsewhere. I'm looking forward to more from you, second hand or not- you're right you should never doubt your Mom! 😊
jailarson (2 stories) (21 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
BTW. My brother, mentioned previously in another comment, purchased the house from my parents, who are now happily retired and spending their time in "the basement". The basement has been (almost) completely remodeled (except for the ugly carpet, (another story for extreme home makeover home edition) blame my dad.) An addition of a "plant room" (not a greenhouse) was included, as well as a new staircase and access for furniture wider than 30 inches. I think this may have confused the spirit and maybe it (she) has moved on (hopefully), because there has been no activity that I am aware of.
jailarson (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Bellissama. Nice deduction. Well done. I did in fact move out because I finished college. I did not include that fact because I thought it would make the story too long. Or I was lazy. Probably the later. Anyway, I have a couple of other stories related to my parents that they told me, but its not a first hand account, so the veracity is in question, though not by me. Who am I to doubt my mother? By the way, my name is Jay. On the screen name, you do the math. I am not in jail for arson. 😆
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Hey, jailarson. Thanks for the great story, really interesting. When you said you moved away, did you mean you moved out of the house? Did the rest of your family stay there? I'm just being cheeky 😳 but if your family is still there and still having problems, maybe they could try leaving a bottle of wine out to distract Mrs. Card from fooling with their stuff! 😉 That was just silly, I know. I believe your story completely and thank goodness she didn't do anything destructive and only drained her power from batteries and such!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
wow that just amazing to go through things like that you should read my stories there all on the psychic experience website. When ever I try catching something on camera the battery goes LOL
jailarson (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Thanks for the comments. My second oldest brother moved into the basement with his family after they had sold their house, and were looking for land to build on. I told him it was haunted but he didn't believe me. One day, a few months after they moved in, he told me that his wife asked him if anything weird had happened while I lived in the basement. Apparently she saw the medicine cabinet door in the bathroom open and close by itself. Awhile later, he told me that he started having the same issues with his computer that I had with mine. He also had to buy a corded phone, because the battery in his cordless would always be low on power. The creepiest thing that he told me was that he woke up in the middle of the night and actually SAW a half-torso apparition of a woman standing next to his bed. Freaked him right out.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
I have heard that about the light bulbs bit like some lad his new light bulbs would only last 10 minutes. It is very interesting why they run out so quickly. Yeah I have seen 3 orbs in my house 1 massive one which blinded me and 2 which were near each other in the dark they went purple then red then purple. It was proper strange. You know spirits are they the one's you don't see? I have seen 2 in my house and the 3rd she was talking and then made a bang what was she? I couldn't find her I think I was too late. I enjoyed reading your story it was really interesting thanks for sharing it with us. If you have any other things like this post a story of it. I would love to read it. 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
That is most assuredly an interesting story. I have heard of spirits becoming interested in new devices that they find within their domain, things that they have never come into contact with before. Maybe your spirit wanted to learn how to send an email. Battery drain and electrical equipment malfunctions are an indication that a spirit is present as they drain the energy from the enviroment and people around them to be able to manifest themselves. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: