You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Imp

Real Ghost Stories

The Imp

 

I have mentioned previously that my boyfriend has major heart issues: 4 strokes and 3 heart attacks in 1 year, and the doctors told him he would die, there was nothing they could do to help him. But he didn't die, he lived and has slowly gotten better. What we have thought recently though is that he is using borrowed time, and this story will explain why.

Colton twitches a lot when he sleeps. So it's normal to me that all of a sudden he would have a full body twitch and it would wake me up. Well, one night this happened and it did wake me up.

As I'm laying there trying to fall back asleep I feel him sit up. So I open my eyes staring at him, sit up myself and look at his face and listen. He's still snoring his eyes are closed and he's not responding to me saying his name. This is strange because this has never happened before in the seven months we have been living together. He sits like that slightly swaying for almost five minutes before I gave up and laid him back down on my shoulder. He pulls his legs up right against my side, which was a little uncomfortable but I could deal with it. Maybe, MAYBE, two minutes later his legs are pulled and he is ripped from above my shoulder all the way down to my pelvic bone. He quickly pulled his knees back up to his chest.

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY HE COULD HAVE DONE THIS HIMSELF. And how do you get pulled down someone's chest without someone else being in the room. No one was in the room with us. I wake up to my door being opened and it is always closed. No one came in when we were sleeping. At this point every rational thought I could muster up was gone out the window and it was all replaced by fear. A lot of fear.

I grabbed onto him tightly. As tightly as I could without hurting him. My feet are out of the blankets and I'm pretty tall so my feet just reach the end of my bed. It feels like something is moving and brushing against my feet but there is nothing there.

Colton slowly sits upright again. Again, I called out his name asking him if he was awake. Nothing. No response. Just light snoring as usual. I laid him down again, his legs pulled up against my side. I laid there and waited. Hoping to the Gods that it wouldn't happen again. A few seconds later another big tug followed by a little one. My heart is beating out of my chest, I'm so terrified that I can't move. I'm barely breathing. Colton wakes up and bolts upright in bed, breathing heavy and complaining about a pain in his chest. I flicked on the light and lifted his shirt to find 4 deep cuts in his chest exactly where his heart is.

I understand, that sounds suspicious. But I swear to the gods it is true. Four jagged cuts that were NOT there when he fell asleep and there is no way he could do it himself. He doesn't have nails. There's nothing sharp in my bed or around my bed.

Later, researching what happened and talking to a few people who know lots about the paranormal and myths, we came across what is called an Imp. An Imp, from what I'm told, is a taker of people who are using borrowed time, that should have died but didn't. My boyfriend being one of them. This worries me because once they mark you they will do anything in their power to get you.

These marks that were left are now scars and his chest. I can't voice how scared I am.

Other hauntings by AmariaWolfThorn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmariaWolfThorn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AmariaWolfThorn (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Thank you Jake, I shall do so. And I know very few my mother is knows more than I do. I've cleansed him and the house with White sage small blessing but I will find a ritual to do as well. Thank you!
Jake141 (3 stories) (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
Hi AmariaWolfThorn,

If you think it is a Imp, i'd suggest some cleansing or protecting rituals for him and your home. If you do not know any rituals from your paganism, look for the user Rook, on this site, he has a great cleansing ritual on his profile.
I'd suggest doing that asap, and get some protection in place:)
Stay safe,

- Jake
AmariaWolfThorn (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
Thank you, We appreciate it. I'm Pagan but I guess I pray to all the gods and goddesses haha the lore I've been told and found about Imps is that they are sort of like reapers only they don't go after the souls of the dead. They go after the living that are on borrowed time and try to take them. The marks that are left on him is basically to warn other imps that he has been marked and not to try to take him. I am very worried. Because I love him he's all I have and I will Not let something like this take someone else from me.
Amp21190 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Hey,

This is rather freaky and worrisome, I don't know if I believe in imps, never thought about it actually but I am very spiritual, I believe in the lord, demons, angels (debating on ghosts still but leaning more towards they are real) but perhaps an imp can be a form of a demon or even like a reaper? I don't know? Not sure if you are the praying type but I will surely pray for you! I hope it stops, and your boyfriend gets better
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Editor's Note: Last line of the story should have been edited to say, "These marks that were left are now scars on his chest..." Sorry for missing that 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: