You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: A Disturbing Noise Late At Night

Real Ghost Stories

A Disturbing Noise Late At Night

 

I am writing this story because I am confused of what this is and to this day me and my family have never discovered what it was.

It was around 9:30 and I was upstairs watching an episode of Supernatural with my mum and dad in the pitch black with the blinds open and no light but the street lamps on the street shining through. We were sitting just casually watching it when there was a huge bang clatter noise like a square tv had falling of a shelf of something. Me, my mum, and dad got up and ran to the top of the stairs and shouted on my grandparents to see of they were okay. They said they were fine and heard the noise as well. My dad grabbed a torch and went round the front and back of the house and into the garage to see what had happened. When he came back in there was nothing there he told us.

After a few days passed, when I went to bed I would go cold and keep staring behind me as if someone was watching me I would keep staring around at the floor and scared to turn back. I also heard scratchings on my wooden wardrobes which used to scare me a lot but now I have become used to it and have began to live with it

My mum and dad don't believe in ghosts when I mention them and just say that ghost don't exist but I think this is to make me less worried.

Also there have been occasions were things have went missing and then appeared days or hours later and this scares me.

If anyone has had or is having similar encounters please let me know and please help me find out what is going on

Other hauntings by ghostdancer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostdancer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostdancer (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-04)
Thanks for all the great advice, I have tried to research my house a lot of time but it just doesn't work nothing comes up at all and if I ask my parents they say theyre havnt got a clue [at] sds I will try this although I am a bit worried incase something responds but I will give it a go thank you [at] sheetal we were the first people to live in the house and I don't know aptrox how long but I do know that we were the first peolle to live they're [at] rookdygen I was the first people to live there and I try to research the land before my time

Best regards

Ghostdancer
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
Ghost dancer,

Research the property... It may provide clues to 'who/what' may be seeking attention.

My 'gut feeling' however is to ask about recent Family History... Has anyone had a close call or Heaven Forfend actually passed away? If it was a close call how near to the day of your 'noisy' experience did it happen... Or if someone has passed how close were all the members of your household to them?

As for the scratching goes... Check everything... From possible tree braches rubbing the side of the house to critters in the walls. It may be related to the noise your Family heard or it may be rodents in the walls.

Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
hi Ghostdander nice story... Did your house has some strange history? Or Since how many years you are living there?

Regards,
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Hello ghostdancer, my first advise to you is don't get scared. That is a cardinal rule if you deal with paranormal, whether you like it or not. Because if there is any negative entity, it will feed from your energy if you get scared. Secondly, I want to tell you that something is trying to get your attention. So why don't you acknowledge it. Speak in a low voice to it that you acknowledge its presence and you can also request it that since you have acknowledged its presence, you do not want to be disturbed or startled and want it to respect your privacy. I don't think that it is harmful in anyway by the way you have narrated.

Keep us posted of further developments/experiences, if any.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: