You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Activity In The Garage

Real Ghost Stories

Activity In The Garage

 

I live in a big house with my family. The house is about 17 years old, and my dad built it himself. The property was untouched when he started building the house. Only a big forest and a couple mountains.

I am 15 years old, and I have a lot of friends. And when I started having girls' nights and sleepovers, my room became kind of small. Therefore, my dad built a "teenage" room on the garage-attic. Its a TV, stereo, and one big sofa. It is a long stair from the garage-attic to the hallway. At the attic, there is two tight tunnels inside the walls. One at each side of the room. It is a great room, it really is, but I don't like it there.

About 3 or 4 times when I have been on the garage-attic, something strange has been happening.

Once, I had my best friend at a sleepover. Even though my room was big enough for us, the garage-attic was bigger. So after a long evening with a lot of movies and sweets, we decided to go to bed. We wanted to sleep at the garage-attic, since we already had made the room so cozy and nice.

I told her I was just going to get another blanket from the living room in the house, which is a couple hallways from the garage.

She said "ok" and I left for about 2-3 minutes. When I came back with the blanked she asked, "I thought you said you were going to get a blanket from the living room? And who did you talk to?" and I said that I did got a blanket from. But I didn't understand what she meant "who I talked to".

She said, "when you left, you were just standing outside the door! I heard you, or somebody, talking quiet. I could also see your shadow through the doorcrack". I told her "that was NOT me!" and there was no other than us two in the house.

We did not sleep at the garage-attic that night.

Another time, when I had two other girls at visit, we went to the garage-attic to watch a movie. In the middle of the movie, I had to get something from my room, so I ran quick so I wouldn't miss anything of the film. When I arrived at my room, I couldn't find the thing I was looking for. It took me a couple of minutes, before I found it, but when I had it and was ready to go to the garage-attic, one of my friends were suddenly standing outside my room looking scared. Her face was a bit pale.

I asked what was wrong, and she said "We heard something coming up the stairs. At first we thought it was you who just had been very quick finding that thing on your room, but it wasn't. I went out to see, and nobody was there! I went back in to the movie, when suddenly we heard slamming inside one of the tunnels!"

I searched through the whole garage, both times, and I couldn't find anything that could've made those noises. I asked my parents and my siblings if them had been there, and nobody had. Is this a ghost? Why would a ghost suddenly appear on our garage-attic? There haven't been any other houses on our property or any deaths. What is this? Also, there has been unexplainable electricity and power shutdowns.

Thank you for reading, and please comment if you know anything about such things as this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anereiersen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-22)
Am late to the party (browsing stories), and noticed no one asked about any unusual objects brought into the room, since the building is new.

Did things start after a certain possession appeared? Or after a late night of messing around with ghost summoning (like ouiji board or similar)? Could be a cause.

Sorry to hear about the cat, was it rabies or something like that?

Yes, people can be haunted, my friend Jill was constantly attracting stuff because she could see them (like the 6th sense movie). My husband seems to attract too, but neither consciously go out of their way to do so. Not sure why my husband does, although I assume most visits are relatives or something along those lines. There seems to be a lot of activity around him, but I've gotten used to it.

This morning, for example, I heard the garage door open and close a lot. I thought it was my husband going out for a smoke, but I checked and he was fast asleep. Went back to the living room and it started again. I just ignored it since it wasn't a burglar or anything like that. The dog wasn't happy though, ha!

My vote is there's a possession in that attic room you brought in with the problem. Hope it's better now!
anereiersen (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-04)
For what kinds of reasons can a person be haunted for? Murder or something? And its only the attic where the paranormal stuff happens.
djfxw (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
Areas are not always haunted. People can be haunted as well.
thecoolawsghost (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
First of all you need to think if you and your family ever left the house for a long time especially the garage attic while going on vacation or something if yes then there is your problem because if you do not use a place for like a month or so, the ghost find the place peaceful and reside there. So if you have done it then there is an actual ghost otherwise it might be your friends and coincidence.

Regards, thecoolawsghost
anereiersen (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
I would love to clean the attic, but my family don't believe me, so they will probably not allow me to 😭
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
anereiersen- Scary story... Its really strange that if your house doesn't have any bad history then why this shadow is there. Its also strange that your other family member didn't experience this. You wrote about your cat that she gone crazy... Really lots of questions...

Why not cleanse your home? May be this could help you

Regards,
anereiersen (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Hi!
About the power outage. I do not know if the power disappeared in the whole building or just the garage-attic, but I know for sure that all wires and cables are completely fine. There should be no reason for the light to turn off and flicker when all electricity is perfect in the whole neighborhood.

That poltergeist theory seems logic. Ill keep that in mind.

Yes, this is real. Its in my house, and its my experience!

I just asked my friend if that stair walking sound they heard was real, and they said yes. They also mentioned (I didn't knew about this before now, but) they had been hearing running in the hallway. Like really slamming around with arms and legs.

I also have to say that the garage-attic is a lot more new than the garage. At first, my dad just built a room for the cars, then, later, he renovated upstairs. Ill guess the teen room is about 2 years old or something like that.

And by the way, I have to inform that this happens rarely. Its not all the time that something happens up there. Its just been a few times, but anyway, it scares me.

Also, my cat is dead. She died 2 months ago. I wasn't home, but my mom shot her. Mom said "the cat just went completely crazy! She attacked the dog and she tried to bite a baby!". My cat has always been calm! Why did she just rage that way? Does it have something with paranormal stuff to do?
mimerkki (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Hi,

Nice to have you on the site. Some things come to my mind when reading your story. First, I have heard, that ghosts often like places, where people don't spend much time. If the garage attic and its tunnels are separated from the rest of the house, the possible ghost might want to reside there. Perhaps it likes solity most of the time and feels that teenagers are a lot to handle:) I also wonder, if there was some kind of space in there before your dad build the room? If so, the possible ghost may have already been there guietly without anybody knowing and after your dad started building, felt disturbed. One possibility is to try co-existing and tell it in a respectful manner, that you feel scared if you hear or see it. You could also ask if it would leave, because you feel so scared. If co-existing does not work out, then maybe some sort of cleansing would at least reduce the activity. So far things you have experienced do not soud dangerous, so don't panic. Keep us informed if you feel threatened and remember to also concentrate on other things in your life.

Best wishes, mimerkki from Finland.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Thanks for the extra info. After googling Norwegian wildlife, I feel a little dumb to have even suggested an animal. Looks like most of the beasties where you are are too big to sneak in unnoticed.
I'm glad you can rule out friends playing pranks. That does seem to add weight to the experiences having a paranormal source.
A thought just occurred to me. This room is primarily a place that teenagers hang out, so I'm wondering about poltergeist activity. Poltergeist manifestations aren't an independent entity, but rather an outlet of excess energy. Poltergeists are most likely around teenagers or people going through a stressful situation. The activity subsides as the teen's emotional/hormonal energy subsides, or as the stressed individual's stress decreases. Poltergeist activity may be part of what you're going through, and if so it will lessen over time then stop altogether.
Some cats are good indicators of paranormal activity. If she doesn't want to be in there she could be picking up on something. If you like, you could do a cleansing in the room according to whatever belief system you follow. Personally I go for sage smoke, but whatever you believe in is what you should go with.
The lights only go off for a few seconds? Does this happen all over the house at once, or just in a room or two at a time? Now I'm wondering about the electrical wiring...
I'm one of those people who really like explaining as much as possible without looking to the paranormal. Sorry.
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Is this a replete story I seem to recall reading it before. If I'm wrong, I apologize but I do read all the stories on this site as I can and this one just seems familiar.
anereiersen (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Thanks for answer!
First of all, yes, I have noticed activity up there when I have been alone. Footsteps in the stairs when I'm watching TV, flickering lights, slamming inside the tunnels, almost the same as my friends have experienced (just not as loud as they say they have heard).

I don't think my family have heard anything up there, but they don't use that room anyway...

There is no animals up there. There is no animals where we live at all. And no animal can make sounds as loud as those slamming sounds either. But I have been thinking about what kind of animal it could've been, and the only animal I can think of is some kind of raccoon. And raccoons don't live in Norway.

The power outages has maybe happened like two times maybe, but it was weird. No other houses lost their power, even when we share the same! And it only lasted for, you know, a couple seconds.

I am a paranoid person, I really am. And maybe my friends where just kidding with me, but they acted terrified even the day after.

And even when I'm up there, I don't get a good feeling inside me. Its like I get goosebumps in my belly.
I also took my cat up there once, and she was scared. At the second I let her on the floor, she ran into the house part. And I have heard that cats have like a "ghost-detector" inside themselves.

Maybe it all have been coincidences, but anyway, I don't feel like it.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Have you experienced anything, personally, in that area? Just you, alone, without your friends? Have any of your family members experienced anything there? From what you've related here, it seems that its only your friends having experiences in that room, which leads the cynic in me to wonder if they're just teasing you? After all, what's a girls sleepover without a ghost? I was a teenager myself once lol. 😆
You may consider putting a voice recorder or camera in that room when no one is there. It may be a good idea, and can help you figure out if there's something there or if your friends are just trying to spice up the evening.
The sounds in the tunnels, could an animal be getting in the house? The tunnels sound like a nice, cozy place for some critter to build a nest.
Now, those power outages you mention, they don't sound too freaky. From your description of the property, you guys seem to be off the beaten path. Power outages can happen somewhat regularly out in the sticks, and can sometimes take the power company a little while to fix. In the US more populated areas are considered top priority to fix, and us hillbillies just have to wait until they get around to us. The power companies there may have a similar policy with regards to keeping power to the more populated areas.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: