You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Will Always Love You, Uncle Will

Real Ghost Stories

I Will Always Love You, Uncle Will

 

Since this is my first story, I thought I should tell you a little about myself. About a year ago I moved with my mom and my brother to the Dominican Republic. My whole family is from here so I pretty much got used to it. I lived my whole life in New York and never had any kind of experience with the paranormal, until I moved here.

My experience happened a few weeks back, I was 14 at the time (still am) and my mom decided to leave me home alone, something she would never do because she says I'm not old enough. About 20 minutes or so after my mom left, I started feeling super cold which is weird since its never cold down here. I closed all the windows and went back to my room, but it got even colder. I thought it was just my room so I moved to the dining room. Still cold. Right there, I got the urge that someone was there with me and I was right, I wasn't alone. The chair next to me moved a little. The cushion on the seat was slightly caved in, which looked like someone was sitting on it. Then, the seat moved back towards the table. I knew I wasn't alone, but I wasn't a bit scared, just confused.

What happened after that might seem a little odd or even made up, but I promise you it did happen. I immediately started asking questions since I was so excited. I asked, and whoever it was, knocked. The first question was "Do I know you? If I don't, knock one time. If I do, knock two times". About 2 minutes later, I heard the first knock, then the second. Right away, three people popped in my head. My 3 uncles which were all very close to me. Their names were Danny, Anthony, and Will (Those aren't their real names, I changed them for safety reasons). I then asked another question. "Are you one of my uncles? Give me a tap." Right there went the tap. My eyes started watering. "Is it Danny?" no knock. "Is it Anthony?" still no knock. I was kind of disappointed it wasn't any of my uncles, but then I remembered I had left one. "Is it Will?" Right there, two knocks. I started crying my eyes out. I'm not sure if he heard me or something, but I told him everything that I felt, how much I love him and miss him, etc. About 5 minutes later, I felt a cold breeze hit me and had the feeling someone was holding me tight, more like a hug. I felt some kind of relief, like a weight had just been lifted off from me. This experience, I will never ever forget.

Thank you for taking time to read my first paranormal experience. If anyone has had any similar experience or any questions, feel free to comment!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luckygirl13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

luckygirl13 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
Hi sds, he passed not too long before I moved. He & I were very close & I never got to say goodbye so I believe he was trying to say goodbye.

Thank you for reading & commenting!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
Hi luckygirl13, I agree with sheetal and notjustme, that this is one of the sweet experiences. Love and affection are shown even after death and could be experienced by living persons. But I want to ask you, when your uncle Will died? Did he pass on after you left New York or long before? And do you feel that there is any special reason as to why he made his presence known to you?

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
Luckygirl13- I am agree with notjustme... Its a sweet story...😁
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-07)
Luckygirl13 - that's a very sweet experience. I too believe our loved ones continue to watch over us after they have passed. Since you didn't feel threatened, I think you have every right to believe it was your uncle. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: